Jack Monroe #11 Look for the bare depressipes, the simple bare depressipes, forget about the tattlers and your wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It still amazes me that people actually take the time to think of a question, type it out and the actively seek a response from her.
In fact the same goes for anybody doing that on social media full stop.
The answer to all questions in life can be found in an instant.
Her name is Alexa and she lives on Amazon.
You're welcome.
😂😂 I ask my alexa so many questions and if she doesn't know I Google it, unless I have a specific question about a certain chefs recipe that I'm struggling to find the answer for then I might tweet them but 9 times out of 10i won't bother 😂😂 it also reminds me of those people on Facebook who post statuses asking if people know the number for the Dr's surgery or what time asda is open till, umm you do realise that device in your hand that you used to post the question has all the answers you need you attention seeking twit 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Love it - thanks for the private message. Are you going to post it on Twitter?
Yes, but I will pretend it is from a long-running correspondence with someone famous.

'I'm just a chaotic, barefoot, cheeky little scruff literally from the actual bleeping streets so I literally pinch myself when I remember that Mads Mikkelsen looks to me for literal cookery tips and life guidance on a literal daily basis #blessed'

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I once had a friend who lived right next to Borough Market. Lovely warehouse conversion darling! Posh twit!
He'd do his weekly shop of fresh fruit and veg, meats, cheeses, bread etc all from the bleeping market and think nothing of it!
Borough Market makes Waitrose look like the discount section in Aldi.
Waste of money I think. I prefer proper markets with those blokes yelling their heads off selling tinned peaches. Getcher tinned peaches ere, only ferty nine pence a tin. C'mon love, you look like you enjoy a nice juicy tinned peach.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Excuse me but you know she's immunocompromised. That's a completely unfair thing to say.
Daily Kitchen was an essential front line role.
Daily kitchen really motivated me to get dressed and have breakfast by 10am. I'm finding lockdown a lot more difficult now Jack isn't live everyday and trump isn't answering questions 🤪

Miss you ☹

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Responsibilities
As a broadcast presenter, you'll need to:

• research topics including fat content in mince, storing sourdough starter and background information for items to be featured on the programme, including the role of the grater.
  • plan and rehearse shows
  • interview guests in the studio, the shed, by telephone or on location in your deep cleaned kitchen
  • play music while taking out your hair curlers and wearing a dress
  • introduce and host programmes without gurning and giggling and bopping about like you have crabs

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
😂😂 I ask my alexa so many questions and if she doesn't know I Google it, unless I have a specific question about a certain chefs recipe that I'm struggling to find the answer for then I might tweet them but 9 times out of 10i won't bother 😂😂 it also reminds me of those people on Facebook who post statuses asking if people know the number for the Dr's surgery or what time asda is open till, umm you do realise that device in your hand that you used to post the question has all the answers you need you attention seeking twit 😂😂
Oh duck me, DO NOT get me started on THOSE people.
"What's up chick? everything ok?"...
"If you need to talk, DM me babes"...
GET A bleeping LIFE!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Waste of money I think. I prefer proper markets with those blokes yelling their heads off selling tinned peaches. Getcher tinned peaches ere, only ferty nine pence a tin. C'mon love, you look like you enjoy a nice juicy tinned peach.
I can’t say for certain but I’d hazard a guess that the goods sold in borough are likely sourced from the same market(s) of origin as a decent market (not market men with the plastic tubs for £1 each which are a life staple, but u better eat all that veg THAT DAY or else)

During covid we’ve been really lucky, a lot of people in the area have pivoted and we’re getting ridiculously high quality food from Smithfield’s and Billingsgate etc, it‘s better value than Waitrose and significantly better quality, but we are lucky that we can afford to bulk buy and have freezer space. Small businesses run by local families it’s lovely. I think Borough & a lot of the markets about are for a certain class who otherwise wouldn’t use a market dare I say it??? Those who know about food & London probably wouldn’t go there, I’ve not been in a decade odd.

Reactions: 10
I can’t say for certain but I’d hazard a guess that the goods sold in borough are likely sourced from the same market(s) of origin as a decent market (not market men with the plastic tubs for £1 each which are a life staple, but u better eat all that veg THAT DAY or else)

During covid we’ve been really lucky, a lot of people in the area have pivoted and we’re getting ridiculously high quality food from Smithfield’s and Billingsgate etc, it‘s better value than Waitrose and significantly better quality, but we are lucky that we can afford to bulk buy and have freezer space. Small businesses run by local families it’s lovely. I think Borough & a lot of the markets about are for a certain class who otherwise wouldn’t use a market dare I say it??? Those who know about food & London probably wouldn’t go there, I’ve not been in a decade odd.
How much freezer space exactly? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11

If I’m in the area, I go to Borough at the end of the day to snag bargains, such as good bread and then slice it and freeze. Have also got some good fruit and veg bargains on a Saturday. I’m about a 12 minute train ride from London Bridge, the closest station.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
I highly recommend that no-one looks on Twitter right now. Don't even consider it. Go and make a nice cup of tea or something like that. 🍵

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I highly recommend that no-one looks on Twitter right now. Don't even consider it. Go and make a nice batch of overnight oats or something like that.
Too late I already looked before coming here. I'm bleeping furious.
She really needs to add a serious trigger warning on those posts.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Just caught up with you gabby lot! Re the tattoos - I know I mentioned her getting expensive tattoos when supposedly skint but the evidence is all over her arms and hands. There's simply no need to go trawling through her Insta. While I am on Instagram, I'm simply not interested enough in her to look for her account. I'll probably start following That Man though if he is giving out useful and edible tips and recipes.

Reactions: 7
If I’m in the area, I go to Borough at the end of the day to snag bargains, such as good bread and then slice it and freeze. Have also got some good fruit and veg bargains on a Saturday. I’m about a 12 minute train ride from London Bridge, the closest station.
You are very lucky then. I once went to the markdown section in Sainsburys and beat a hasty retreat over a cat fight over reduced double cream.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.