Jack Monroe #11 Look for the bare depressipes, the simple bare depressipes, forget about the tattlers and your wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
exactly she's never even mentioned making sourdougg so why would you ask her for advice on this?!
Ooh but she did, on DK. Said to keep it the starter in the fridge, which is also wrong. You only put it in the fridge when not being used, as fermentation slows right down.
The take home from this, is that Jack doesn't have a clue about making sourdough but is pretending she does 🙃

• Wow
Reactions: 11
There was a question about sourdough on DK and she tried to style it out but revealed she clearly knew zip. Mumbled something about “Bung it in the fridge” - err, no, only if you are maintaining an established starter. And then said something rambling about using yoghurt. And getting your kid to look after the starter instead of getting a dog. Just no.

The most clever and switched on people I know will happily admit when they haven’t a clue about something.
Thing is she is giving false information to people. Yes, you can use milk, but I am not a sourdough expert. Say it was Jacks bestie pal (the one that made those lush carroty yak oats) asked that. You think that she would ask anyone else, or take anyone else's word over it instead of the saint? Nope. She would use milk.

Reactions: 4
I’m late to the pity party, but who has been harassing her colleagues?

The only one I can think of is Matt, and nobody here has said a negative thing about him. So does this mean there’s another site on an alternate planet that is immune to her charm?!

Reactions: 13
There was a question about sourdough on DK and she tried to style it out but revealed she clearly knew zip. Mumbled something about “Bung it in the fridge” - err, no, only if you are maintaining an established starter. And then said something rambling about using yoghurt. And getting your kid to look after the starter instead of getting a dog. Just no.

The most clever and switched on people I know will happily admit when they haven’t a clue about something.
if she knew anything about it at all... and if she wasn’t a selfish head who is only interested in self-promotion... she could have recommended the absolute ultimate bible for anyone who is looking to learn more about fermentation (photo of my actual copy!). She is Utterly full of tit.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Thing is she is giving false information to people. Yes, you can use milk, but I am not a sourdough expert. Say it was Jacks bestie pal (the one that made those lush carroty yak oats) asked that. You think that she would ask anyone else, or take anyone else's word over it instead of the saint? Nope. She would use milk.
It still amazes me that people actually take the time to think of a question, type it out and the actively seek a response from her.
In fact the same goes for anybody doing that on social media full stop.
The answer to all questions in life can be found in an instant.
Her name is Alexa and she lives on Amazon.
You're welcome.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I may be wrong but I thought the only online harassment of her colleagues was by Ruby Tandoh to Matt when she called him a git for turning his nose up at bottled lemon?

• Wow
Reactions: 36
I used to really like Jack but I unfollowed her a few weeks ago when my timeline got clogged up with lockdown larder answers that weren't even the recipe ideas she'd promised. It's really sad to see how far she's fallen just in the few weeks since then... Mental health break definitely needed.

Reactions: 14
I may be wrong but I thought the only online harassment of her colleagues was by Ruby Tandoh to Matt when she called him a git for turning his nose up at bottled lemon?
What are you doing here with all your BORING FACTS? It's ruining the narrative.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Interesting!
Does that mean that writers for the Daily Fail and the Scum may lurk amongst us tattlers?
Oh I definitely think they give it a look over here from time to time. It gives an insight into the other side of opinion and some useful info gets dug up on the threads! The media often lurk about in Facebook groups so no reason why they wouldn't be here 👀

Reactions: 7
Oh I definitely think they give it a look over here from time to time. It gives an insight into the other side of opinion and some useful info gets dug up on the threads! The media often lurk about in Facebook groups so no reason why they wouldn't be here 👀
There’s deffo been stuff from celeb gossip threat pop up on the daily fail.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
It still amazes me that people actually take the time to think of a question, type it out and the actively seek a response from her.
In fact the same goes for anybody doing that on social media full stop.
The answer to all questions in life can be found in an instant.
Her name is Alexa and she lives on Amazon.
You're welcome.
I got a Nest for Christmas. I get endless joy of requesting cat sounds when my 2 are hogging the sofa. The looks on their faces when they hear meowing sends me cackling with glee.

I’ve been to one of her supper clubs and tried her sourdough! She’s amazing
And not to mention, a genuinely nice person.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What are you doing here with all your BORING FACTS? It's ruining the narrative.
Seeing as this reputable forum of opinions may be falling under some scrutiny in the near future, I thought it may be wise to uphold some level of brevity to the discussion. M’lud.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Jack could have done some real good over this pandemic. Why didn't she cook meals for NHS staff (like others have)? Or delivering food parcels, volunteering at the food bank, offering to pick up prescriptions, dog walking or any one of those things? Anyone care to guess?

Reactions: 18
Love the new title @Harrybosch - loving the impending legal battle over copyright even more. There is very little that @PennyLoafer doesn't know about stealing intellectual property. :cool:
Erm, Saturn, how did you know that part of my job involves understanding copyright law?
OMG you are stalking me!
I once had to move house for the 471st time because a stalker was threatening to kill me!
I'm going to buy a stab vest!
Sleep with a nine iron under my pillow!
I am literally shaking and speechless with terror!

*five seconds later*

Here's a photo of me in the bath ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.