Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
beet burgers. firstly, just because it sounds like beef doesn't make it a good replacement for beef. secondly, that mixture sounds so wet i can't imagine those even hold together once you take it off the tray. Thirdly, why are there big chunks of sweetcorn when sweetcorn isn't mentioned in the recipe? no pocket money for you today, jackie
37929F62-44FB-4290-8120-3217EFB3AD5B.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Hi team, first time poster. I'm the squig who seemingly went 'awful quiet' but actually just has to go to work to earn my money like a normal poor. She remarkably hasn't blocked me yet, which I think means she's gearing up for another feeble attempt at a pile-on. If so, I'll disappear off here again - know the rules about interaction, and she's bloody well asking for it.

She'll declare me a troll or a bully, but I'm just what she hates the most - just a normal person who has seen through her bullshit! I actually never respond to anything on Twitter and instead just use it to passively observe but she is so rude, dishonest and hypocritical that she's worn me down. She isn't fit for a career in the spotlight because she evidently can't cope with it. That's fine - neither could I.

Anyway - love your work x
Welcome busy squiggle 🙌

If I were you I would be tempted to block her before she has the chance to pile on you. The truth is trickling out, soon more people will see her for what she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Jack’s Twitter Meltdown part 13,562: “And that nasty bunch of ninnies said my dad likes prostitutes. They say these things at the expense of my health” wahh wahh wahh
The 'enjoyment at the expense of my health' reply made me laugh. Jack, if you can't read someone questioning your butter spending habits without having heart palpitations we're the least of your problems.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
You know what? I am still fuming over the "can't afford" butter stuff. And the £20 shop stuff in general.

She could afford butter, she just didn't want to spend the money on butter. That's NOT THE SAME.

Let's be honest - I'm sure many of us have said we "can't afford" something, as a shorthand for, "I have money, but I don't want to spend it on this."

HOWEVER, we aren't the ones promoting ourselves PROFESSIONALLY as thrifty and poor, and taking money off people who can ill-afford to spend it, who share what little they have because they believe Jack is properly skint.
She is not skint, yet she uses the evocative language of someone who is, which tugs on people's heartstrings. And that makes me so cross. I bleeping Dislike her poverty cosplay.

I know this has all been said a million times before, far more eloquently than I could ever manage, but still. I think this is one of the main reasons she mades me so angry.
Totally agree. She knows EXACTLY what she's doing, using manipulative language the way she does. (Can't afford butter right now - don't worry, I'm fine). It's a finely oiled scam over many years, I'm really glad some kind of light seems to be being shone on these types of late. Long may it continue! The public do not owe Jack Monroe a house or a living, contrary to her belief. (She claims to work for free, and has made several references to wanting to crowdfund a house). Once again, she uses her son for the misty eyed rhetoric (ah, the irony) that she's just a single mOm trying to provide a roof over her kid's head. When confronted about it, she laughs and wails and accuses people of the stereotypical notion that 'poor' people are not allowed nice things.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
She’s been very sneaky with the butter thing. ‘The budget doesn’t allow it’ etc. I’ve not seen her say outright she can’t actually afford it - just that the bleeping ridiculous budget is £20. She’d get you on a technicality if you questioned it but it’s still so so dishonest.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
beet burgers. firstly, just because it sounds like beef doesn't make it a good replacement for beef. secondly, that mixture sounds so wet i can't imagine those even hold together once you take it off the tray. Thirdly, why are there big chunks of sweetcorn when sweetcorn isn't mentioned in the recipe? no pocket money for you today, jackie View attachment 321444
The ingredients list omg 😂😂

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 18.32.07.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 69
She’s been very sneaky with the butter thing. ‘The budget doesn’t allow it’ etc. I’ve not seen her say outright she can’t actually afford it - just that the bleeping ridiculous budget is £20. She’d get you on a technicality if you questioned it but it’s still so so dishonest.
Also, wouldn't you rather buy a tub of butter (or margarine or anything) than buy some yellow sticker fruit that she admitted had no real use other than being 'noshed on the way home'?? Short answer: no, because then she couldn't do her narrative. EVERYONE has butter, it's an essential item for most households. By eliminating it, she makes it seem like she's struggling. Kerching.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Hi team, first time poster. I'm the squig who seemingly went 'awful quiet' but actually just has to go to work to earn my money like a normal poor. She remarkably hasn't blocked me yet, which I think means she's gearing up for another feeble attempt at a pile-on. If so, I'll disappear off here again - know the rules about interaction, and she's bloody well asking for it.

She'll declare me a troll or a bully, but I'm just what she hates the most - just a normal person who has seen through her bullshit! I actually never respond to anything on Twitter and instead just use it to passively observe but she is so rude, dishonest and hypocritical that she's worn me down. She isn't fit for a career in the spotlight because she evidently can't cope with it. That's fine - neither could I.

Anyway - love your work x
Welcome! Were you already aware of our body of work here, or did someone point you in our direction after your tangle with Miss Narcy-pants? If you do have to disappear to interact, come back and stay when you've had enough of her, it's nice here.❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
That yellow-sticker prepped pineapple is always 🤢. I’ve bought it for 5p before and it’s rank - it starts to ferment...

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
The thing which irritates me most is her £20 to feed herself, SB and the marathon cycling BB.

Ignoring the fact that BB (who sounds as damaged as Jack by her association) is able to buy her self lunch or is fed at work.
That BB is clearly contributing financially in some way and also buying food...by Jack’s own admission.
SB spends a minimum of two evenings a week elsewhere.

£20 a week my arse. Lying manipulative cow.

Reactions: 41
Welcome! Were you already aware of our body of work here, or did someone point you in our direction after your tangle with Miss Narcy-pants? If you do have to disappear to interact, come back and stay when you've had enough of her, it's nice here.❤
Lurker of a few months, apologies if that's a bit frowned upon having now interacted but she's just a tit isn't she.

Partner had never heard of her when I moaned to him a few weeks ago. Told him I cracked today - he said he asked his dad (a very avid cook who has been through more hardships than Jack could ever know) if he knew of her and he responded 'yes, she's a right twit'.

So it's certainly not just us!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 97
And the calculator thing, you'll notice she does this often. Pick one small example and kick up a fuss about it as an example of how ridiculous the criticism of her is. Oh I'm not allowed to have a calculator that I bought years ago for work. Well no, that wasn't the point. The point was all the fancy tit you just showed us on your desk a few days ago while us plebs are using a pound shop calculator wondering where we've gone wrong. Wondering why a "best selling author" with thousands of pounds worth of Apple goods sitting on the desk can't afford a block of butter or a fresh pear. Oh but she MUST be skint because look, her TV is second hand and is just propped up against the wall.

ETA cue all the nodding dogs nodding along and asking for Patreon links so they can help a struggling writer get her dented TV mounted to the wall. No mention of the other TV she was wanging on about buying over the summer, the one that didn't get stolen from her porch.

• Heart
Reactions: 74
The thing which irritates me most is her £20 to feed herself, SB and the marathon cycling BB.

Ignoring the fact that BB (who sounds as damaged as Jack by her association) is able to buy her self lunch or is fed at work.
That BB is clearly contributing financially in some way and also buying food...by Jack’s own admission.
SB spends a minimum of two evenings a week elsewhere.

£20 a week my arse. Lying manipulative cow.
Yea just listen to what she is saying, it's completely bonkers that anyone would believe it even for a second.- That her and her tv exec girlfriend, that's a national tv presenter/author and a tv exec who is on AT LEAST 200-250 000 pounds a year, to clarify that's 7-8 time the average uk salary plus whatever a national tv presenter, author and patreon twit can earn, she's saying that they can't stretch to a tub of bleeping butter. It's sick, really, she has an illness.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.