Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't believe* she's giving budgeting advice to someone which involves signing up to a children's pocket money account which charges 3 quid a month. WTAF.

*I can actually
Aha, I know what she's up to! You get a tenner into your account each time you refer someone and they sign up. Nice little earner.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
Very much enjoyed the last few pages of #97, too many funny things being commented on including Jack's lack of a sense of humour 😂😂😂

The whole saving for a house/£20 shop thing got on my tits yesterday!! Never known financial security my (non-mediterranean) arse!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I don't get why she wouldn't just get monzo? You can move money between accounts immediately, I've moved my main balance over if I've had to give my card to someone to buy something (for work, I know it's against T&Cs of all banks lol). You can even do round ups, she's such a boomer time waster I wouldn't be surprised if she was doing those manually and all.

Reactions: 34
She’s a bloody idiot. Starling bank does an account that would do all she needs, is free, pays interest (tit interest, but that’s normal), and has whizzy pie charts to break everything down. And then sends text messages of everything (no more missing till receipts!), and there’s no charges for using in cashpoints or shops abroad (not that Jack’s EVER been on holiday).

ETA: Ha - we’re like Martin Lewis in here today!

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Can someone please explain to me how her costings actually work? Because they make no sense. at all

Reactions: 31
Internet animal people are so weird. The strongest reaction to a picture of an animal I've had on Twitter is to think 'cute (dog)'.* I've never tweeted the person to say I want to flooflewoofle its earsies and rumpleflump its scritchels. Christ.

*Honourable exception for baby pygmy hippos, I would rumpleflump the duck out of a tiny hippo

**ETA and Nibbles, obvs.
What about Loppy?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Can someone please explain to me how her costings actually work? Because they make no sense. at all
No, I don't think anyone can explain it :ROFLMAO: they get right on my tits. She went apeshit about "tories" costing meals during the school lunches debacle, while having an entire website costing "1p for oil" type tit.

Not to mention she herself went off on someone (I'm sure another frau can provide the receipts) about how 'you can't bulk shop, you can only spend the £3 in coppers you found down the back of the sofa' while now doing her weekly shop on a monthly budget.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
"It’s like the still calm and quiet in a disaster movie before something terrible happens." <half an hour later> Goes looking for a fight:

View attachment 320929
"Gone awful quiet there" yes because normal people don't live on twitter??? Just because Jack spends every waking moment there she thinks everyone else does too. I'm surprised she hasn't started sleep tweeting tbh (or maybe that's going to be her next excuse for the nonsense tweets instead of "butt tweeting"...)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Seriously though, how does Louisa cope with living with someone who apparently enjoys being so pathetic? Isn't Louisa quite a big deal in the professional world? Jack does not reflect well on her at all 😱
My experience with the people I work with (IT, 🔺 me) is that many are fine in work and professional situations but useless in the world of dating. Not saying that is the case here, just an observation.
Am currently trying to set up a former colleague with a current colleague in my informal role as office matchmaker

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Any point googling how many Post Offices open their doors for business pre-9am or no?

I mean she could buy postage online and stick them in a parcel box or do a drop-off at a sorting office but I'm pretty sure that buying postage online was all column SHAN'T.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Christ! The one time she makes something that might actually useful (I swear by heroic doses of spices when ill) and she goes and spoils it by mentioning flushing out a blocked up nose in the intro.
that's how we know this recipe is based on lies : jack has never had a non-blocked up nose

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I don't get why she wouldn't just get monzo? You can move money between accounts immediately, I've moved my main balance over if I've had to give my card to someone to buy something (for work, I know it's against T&Cs of all banks lol). You can even do round ups, she's such a boomer time waster I wouldn't be surprised if she was doing those manually and all.
Was just going to say Monzo. I use it. Then again I am a woman in my 30s not a woman in my 30s pretending to have a learning difficulty.

ETA: I'm also a freelancer. Have been freelancing for the last 5 years. Never waited more than 2 months for an invoice so that is some A grade bullshit. The only people I know who have waited that long are those that work with dodgy companies, or very new ones with cash flow issues.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Untitled 3.png

The 'Hot Nurse' recipe.

Errors as usual. Should be 'curry powder and turmeric.'

And she then forgets to state when they should actually be added.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.