Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
so to summarise: she wears teething necklaces, won't share her colouring crayons and has a special bank account designed for pocket money

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 96
I see schrodingers Jack is back. She has been paid yet she has not been paid. Still, no Jaccident for best part of a week.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
My two have go Henry accounts. They charge a ridiculous £2.99 fee per month, but I find it useful as it helps the kids manage their money, but more importantly I can keep track of daughter if she's in town with her mates (pre lockdown of course).

Go Henry age limit is 18 years old. Jackie should be with Monzo, no charge and excellent app for budgeting.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
So she pays 75p a week for a childs debit card out of her £20 budget 🤨. Why is she still carrying around a calculator? Has scan and go that totals it up as you go not reached Southend? I'm sure we've had it here for a year.

Try our award-winning online learning tool for children, free for one month.
After that, it's only £2.99 /month per child. That's only 75p a week.

edit it's less than 75p a week, I foolishly trusted the figures from a company that's supposed to be helping with money, figures and all that. 4.3 weeks a month 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I want to know where she gets a tin of pears for 18p.
I take it you're not familiar with Jacks body of work. Where the lay person might simply go to the nearest shop and just pick up the cheapest tin there, years of research go into a Jack purchase. After a short warm up howl she will open the spreadsheet and scan a bewildering array of numbers to find the cheapest possible tin of pears. Having done this and dealt with the days ouchies she then takes out the rucksack and makes one of up to a dozen trips to the supermarket where she positions herself at the whoops counter waiting for the girl with the yellow sticker gun to release the bargains. She protects her planned purchases fiercely and many a Southend local has been scared off a bargain with a roar of "drop the whoops you slaaaag!!!!".

• Haha
Reactions: 67
View attachment 320911
Hold up Pt.2. I thought she only had tea & coffee ‘v occasionally‘. Obviously apart from the v v strong coffee every morning, the coffee SB helps to whizz the milk for, and now this LITRE of tea? 🧐
it is so odd to post this... this is such a small task, imagine if we Fraus posted pics of every small detail of our jobs that are a taken for granted thing. But yeah, of course she needs proof that she sent Patreon things out to complaining squiggles.

Reactions: 30
My two have go Henry accounts. They charge a ridiculous £2.99 fee per month, but I find it useful as it helps the kids manage their money, but more importantly I can keep track of daughter if she's in town with her mates (pre lockdown of course).

Go Henry age limit is 18 years old. Jackie should be with Monzo, no charge and excellent app for budgeting.
I can't believe* she's giving budgeting advice to someone which involves signing up to a children's pocket money account which charges 3 quid a month. WTAF.

*I can actually

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
It’s utter bullshit. She’s the culinary equivalent of Jay from the inbetweeners.
Years ago, as a baby vegan, I wrote to all major UK supermarkets asking them to start stocking vegan sandwiches. I made suggestions, like 'your falafel sandwich would be vegan, if you just replaced the mayo with a vegan dressing', etc. A few years later, all major supermarkets stock vegan sandwiches. Where's my paycheck?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.