Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hang on. Didn’t she say she’d been paid for something and that’s why she was dishing out Lion Bars? No butter but dishing out Lion Bars 🤔

Does anyone else want to say say Lying Bars in reference to Jack, or is it just me?

Edited to say: surely the fifty plus quid she spent on chocolate could’ve gone in the house for SB fund, although at this point in time I’m sure SB would appreciate some decent food than a non-rented house right now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Fraus, I'm nor sure if I'm allowed to post this, please remove if not. If you want to buy nice chocolates please can you think about using this company, it's run as a social enterprise, and the chocolates are lovely

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It was from thread 105 on 16th Nov....but don’t worry...it’s entirely possible (in fact most probable) that I am mistaken, Yel. 😁
Sorry I can't help but not reply, I know this is totally not your intention. But you wouldn't believe the amount of people that tell downright lies (jack level!) to try and disrupt here and make out there's something nefarious happening. So I can't help but defend tattle 😬🤣

Checked your 4 posts on that day, and one was edited but it says by your account - or someone with access to it.

Back to jack, she was heartbroken to sell her camera (for 90% less than it's worth) to eat and heat as photography is her passion. That hole in her heart was only healed when she sold her £22 prints (mounted with PVA so won't last) but uses a photographer for her blog pics? Even if it's a pic recycled from a book you'd think jack takes the photos herself seeing as that's her passion.

Screenshot_2020-11-23-10-23-16-643_com.twitter.android.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
"It’s like the still calm and quiet in a disaster movie before something terrible happens." <half an hour later> Goes looking for a fight:

View attachment 320929
She might not have been paid for those jobs, but she will have been paid for the jobs she did six months ago. She said it takes six months to he paid for freelance work. 6 months ago was the beginning of lockdown and her infamous TM and Helmans shitshow (6 figure sum if I'mnot mistaken). She should be receiving those cheques and for all the other work she was doing for the Guardian etc.

In 6 months time, when payments for all this amazing busier than busy time are due, will she stop implying she is poor? Will she chuff as like.

She is a liar, out and out, no other words needed.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
Delighted to hear Jacks financial situation has improved and that she's taken the time to correct the widely held perception that she's "perpetually broke". Honestly where do people get these strange notions from?

Screenshot 2020-11-23 at 10.23.54.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
It definitely Pret, I used to get the cauliflower mac and cheese all the time. There was (and maybe still is, I just no longer work near a Pret) also one with kale. I agree about lead times on product development making this story another Jackanory, but I refer all Frauen and Herren to my previous post as for the killer evidence proving it’s a lie: she does not have friends.
Do Pret acknowledge this? Doubt it.
Perhaps the real reason as to why she won't name them is because it NEVER HAPPENED
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 44
It’s lovely now she’s got the multiple pairs of £300-400 curtains, multiple £150 radios, £300 mirror, £6k worth of Cotswolds, etc etc etc she’s thinking about saving a little for her son. Wait til she finds out about the power of compound interest and why it might have been a better idea to cover that stuff off first !

Bu no means Tory and appreciate this isn’t possible for most families but she’s been cushty for a long time... She doesn’t care to organise it tho as she knows there’s inter generational wealth behind them 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 49
She might not have been paid for those jobs, but she will have been paid for the jobs she did six months ago. She said it takes six months to he paid for freelance work. 6 months ago was the beginning of lockdown and her infamous TM and Helmans shitshow (6 figure sum if I'mnot mistaken). She should be receiving those cheques and for all the other work she was doing for the Guardian etc.

In 6 months time, when payments for all this amazing busier than busy time are due, will she stop implying she is poor? Will she chuff as like.

She is a liar, out and out, no other words needed.
Yup, and as others have pointed out, SHE LITERALLY SAID SHE'D JUST BEEN PAID HER ROYALTIES which was how she could afford to send Monster Munch to Australia and whatnot.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
Sell your Cotswolds and even with second hand prices you'll be 1/4 of the way to a housing deposit for a modest flat or terrace in an ok area. And if she hadn't bought them to begin with and gone for IKEA stuff like the rest of us plebs do she'd be 1/2 way there at least for 5% first time buyer deposit

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I'm mostly staying away from these threads at the minute because Jack is giving me the absolute rage with the poor me I'm so poor, laughing at people, starting pile ons and gaslighting Louisa.
I really miss the humour and frauen though.
I always read the poca updates though.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Perhaps because she relies on Patreon to help feed her family.

View attachment 320985
Yup when I followed her I didn't look too closely and just assumed she was broke. I definitely had a weird niggle in the back of my head that "isn't it a bit odd that she's still poor but who I am to judge as a middle class woman"... But I didn't follow her too closely or question as to be honest I wasn't a fan to the extent I was sending her PayPal money or funding the Kickstarter.

But she always used language and experiences that defined her continued poverty - while talking about holidays, new book deals, etc. It's quite the paradox.

I remember a pile on years ago (2018 maybe) where someone questioned her continued use of Asda when it was owned by Walmart and how that didn't marr up with her poverty activist persona. Well of course she lost her tit and released the hounds on the poor squiggle. She was a single Mum don't you know? On a tiny budget!

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Perhaps because she relies on Patreon to help feed her family.

View attachment 320985
"I also like feeding my family". Don't buy a bleeping £3k fridge then. I am in the very fortunate position of never having to worry about the cost of food but there is no way I have the money to spend £3k on a fridge. She makes me so angry. That £3k would have fed her and son for 150 weeks, 3 years, at £20 a week.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
I'm mostly staying away from these threads at the minute because Jack is giving me the absolute rage with the poor me I'm so poor, laughing at people, starting pile ons and gaslighting Louisa.
I really miss the humour and frauen though.
I always read the poca updates though.
Babe, same x
There’s always the food and drink threads. All the Frau humour and kindness but none of the Jack crap.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.