Jack Monroe #109 Jack Monroe’s network bandwidth is low

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really do not understand baking a cake or bread in a slow cooker. Cakes take 25-30 mins in an oven and you can make focaccia or soda bread in less time than it takes in a slow cooker. When I see bread or cake slow cooker recipes I think of that well-known slow cooker Facebook group which produces some err... interesting recipes shall we say.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
She is not doing international orders because she doesn't want to overwhelm the Post Office staff? What another pointless statement. I'm sure any PO fraus can enlighten me if I am incorrect, but there is no-to-very-little more work involved in processing an international order than there is a domestic order? Everything needs to be weighed and a label printed off regardless of where it's going.

My local Post Office is demanding customs forms for all destinations now, in preparation for the B-word, so what I suspect she means is 'I can't be arsed putting customs forms on everything and filling them all out.'

• Haha
Reactions: 54
It’s the Kickstarter for foodbanks MkII. Just in time for Christmas. She must be rubbing her hands together now, with her saintly halo askew and boxes of unsold books in the garage ready for action.
Nah, she still can't be arsed actually doing anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I've got an unopened copy of A Girl Called Jack that I am waiting for the right moment to put in the incinerator bin.
Stick em in an envelope addressed to her agent/publisher, marked unwanted, and if you're really feeling mean don’t put any postage on it 😇

can you imagine if everybody did this, they could be buried 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
"Balls rolling outside of the coliseum"?. What the actual fuh does that mean?!
I’m taking her meaning that Twitter is the coliseum, she is like Joaquin Phoenix in Gladiator, her followers are the peasants in the crowd and Tattle is Russell Crowe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
But why is it a headache? Don't you just do the same thing? Go to PO, say where you are posting to and stick the label on? I know you have to write on parcel what is inside for some countries, but hardly a headache.
If you post stuff commercially (i.e. fulfilling an order) you have to fill in custom forms (for some countries, probably lots soon due to Brexit). I can understand that as a writer you don't want to deal with this. There's a little known work around though, specifically for authors. It's called a book shop (online versions are available).

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
She's confusing working for 16 hours a day with just being awake 16 hours a day.
I think she genuinely counts colouring in and writing lists of her own recipes “work”

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Nah, she still can't be arsed actually doing anything.
You are , of course, right - I note the Amazon wish list option has been touted as a handy alternative since I typed.

Even she might organise a Yodel collection from her humble crappy bungalow if it is financially worth her while, mind. And someone, somewhere must have an absolute mountain of Good Food for Bad Days because I have never seen it for sale (not that I am doing much book browsing this year, but the supermarkets certainly aren’t stocking it).

Anyway - love you all (except you, Jack - I hate you). Work beckons. See you on the other side (for real!)

Reactions: 20
Nothing gets Jack off twitter and down to 'work' quite like people asking something of her.
We must get that information to the next person she looks like setting her flying monkeys on -"don't panic just ask her to help a charity or something and she'll vanish".

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.