Jack Monroe #106 She’s ‘aving a carafe

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Falkor can you please just keep derailing, I don’t care about JM anymore, I just fell down the hashtag nc500 hole and I want to stay forever
LOL! It's a very beautiful part of the world, most of the time I think I'm very lucky to live here :) Tonight we're due 60mph and heavy rain, so a bit less so ;) Highest wind speed we've had was gusting to just over 100mph and it's quite scary lying awake at 3am feeling your house shaking.

Now I need to know what “ewe rolls” are. Are they just bog standard ewe food or are they like Dreamies for sheep? 🤔
Similar effect to Dreamies! They look like this, they're about the thickness of a thumb to give you some idea of scale. Just giving them a few handfuls between them at the moment to make sure they're in the best condition possible for the tup arriving, but come the end of March, when they're heavy in lamb, they can't physically fit enough grass into their stomachs to maintain condition, because the lamb(s) are squashing up against their digestive system, so that's when they start getting 250-500g a day each so they get enough calories to sustain themselves and their lambs. It's a tricky balancing act, if you overfeed them and they put too much fat on, they'll be in for a difficult lambing, but if they get too lean then they can get something called twin lamb disease and drop dead.

ewe rolls.jpg

Not speaking to them tonight, because they'd wandered into the front field where the wrapped haylage bales for the horses are and nibbled their way into a few of them! Will have to lure them out again with a bucket tomorrow, shut the gate and then get the silage tape out and patch it all up.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
View attachment 315019

I'm genuinely cringing at the fact she shared this. It is a lovely gesture but a small one... It just feels very performative? I do try and be fair with Jack and not dislike her for everything honestly!

And a drop in the ocean finance wise when you start weighing up iMacs, Cotswolds.
To be fair to Jack (sorry!) Think she posted it because we'd all be saying, she hadn't done it,so she has provided the receipts.

Or course she shouldn't need to do this, but with her well documented record of 'failure to deliver' she has only herself to to blame

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
It's the way she exudes nervousness I find off-putting. And then keeps saying how nervous she is and how things always go wrong for her.
It means co presenters have to keep reassuring her (when they really shouldn't have to) and viewers can't relax. If things do actually go wrong she just goes silent and fiddles about with her recipe head down. She can't think on her feet like a natural TV personality.
I imagine this thing she is doing isn't live, so a bit of judicious editing may help. Richard Osman's House of Games? Pointless?
She would be good on Pointless, because she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
View attachment 315019

I'm genuinely cringing at the fact she shared this. It is a lovely gesture but a small one... It just feels very performative? I do try and be fair with Jack and not dislike her for everything honestly!

And a drop in the ocean finance wise when you start weighing up iMacs, Cotswolds.
This kind of performative thing is all we'll ever get out of Jack but at least it's helping out a small business and is a good deal less embarrassing than her usual howl 'n' claw routine. Lets hope all the Twitter asspats don't give her an ouchy bum.

Reactions: 24
LOL! It's a very beautiful part of the world, most of the time I think I'm very lucky to live here :) Tonight we're due 60mph and heavy rain, so a bit less so ;) Highest wind speed we've had was gusting to just over 100mph and it's quite scary lying awake at 3am feeling your house shaking.

Similar effect to Dreamies! They look like this, they're about the thickness of a thumb to give you some idea of scale. Just giving them a few handfuls between them at the moment to make sure they're in the best condition possible for the tup arriving, but come the end of March, when they're heavy in lamb, they can't physically fit enough grass into their stomachs to maintain condition, because the lamb(s) are squashing up against their digestive system, so that's when they start getting 250-500g a day each so they get enough calories to sustain themselves and their lambs. It's a tricky balancing act, if you overfeed them and they put too much fat on, they'll be in for a difficult lambing, but if they get too lean then they can get something called twin lamb disease and drop dead.

View attachment 315429

Not speaking to them tonight, because they'd wandered into the front field where the wrapped haylage bales for the horses are and nibbled their way into a few of them! Will have to lure them out again with a bucket tomorrow, shut the gate and then get the silage tape out and patch it all up.
Love the idea of you “not speaking to your sheep”. Makes me think of Shawn the sheep and his friends worrying 😃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I am not a lawyer but I volunteer as secretary for a charity and in our achingly boring day of GDPR training we were told that we cannot store data like that without consent and/or sufficient cause. So for example, I can't keep names and addresses of former service users, even though it is information "in the public domain", unless they consent or it is somehow necessary. I think data subjects who suspect their data is being stored without their consent and discussed publically by a journalist should be asking questions. 🤷‍♀️
She could use the argument that she was concerned for her safety.

Reactions: 10
N4?? Stay away, this is a local place for local people... I may have to throw 90% vegan swiss rolls in her direction when I pass through on the bus 🔺
🤣

Also, N4 covers quite a large area. Unless she wants to scamper around all of Finsbury Park looking for 90% vegan snacks, not giving a HOOT about her severely compromised immune system, the ninny.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
To be fair to Jack (sorry!) Think she posted it because we'd all be saying, she hadn't done it,so she has provided the receipts.

Or course she shouldn't need to do this, but with her well documented record of 'failure to deliver' she has only herself to to blame
I think it's great, shows that we are holding her to account. We are a force for good.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Maybe I'm just a greb who doesn't care if her pale face flannels are stained with mascara or eyeliner (if someone is looking through my flannel drawer more fool them) but I also got some black flannels from a friend who was clearing out prior to a move abroad about 10 years ago and they are perfect, I wash them regularly but they don't look fucked up and I'm not contributing unecc to the unethical cotton or plastc industry with pads and wipes.

See also - black pants for spotting/period. Black bedsheets and blankets aren't in the same category obvs *wink nudge ooer matron* but I dig the aesthetic.
I have softy soft soft white flannels for ‘show’ and and drawer of black flannels that I actually use for makeup removal and the like, for that exact reason

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Can ewe imagine the shear scale of the chaos she'll be planning to get this thread baaaaack onto herself

Long live the sheepos i say 😄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
How is it legal under GDPR to have a folder listing names, addresses and occupations of people who have not given you permission to hold their data and when you do not have a good reason for holding the data?
I would guess that it's not

Reactions: 9
A few comments about that “mushroom rogan josh” thing she posted:
(1) Not sure what she thinks it is that makes this a “rogan josh”. I’m certainly not seeing it.
(2) How come she “carried the pan to bed and devoured the lot” - but still had leftovers for breakfast? 🧐
(3) She says: “If you don’t have cardamom, a just-as-good substitute would be star anise, fennel seed or caraway”. WTF. Caraway? As a substitute for cardamom?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44

View attachment 315429

I am LOVING the sheep talk!

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.