Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Liking gherkins and horseradish and beetroot doesn't make you edgy or give you a personality. Like many people, I like strong-flavoured stuff. Other people don't. I honestly don't know what else there is to say on the matter. It's so bleeping boring.
This is the woman who goes on about being 5’1.7 like it’s a personality trait. She’s just so zany guys!

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Share this dislike but would also add, in addition to her laying claim to recipes that she likely has found online is the mind-boggling hypocrisy of kicking up a massive-victim of the most egregious artistic plagiarism-fuss if someone so much as mentions one of her (stolen) recipes without giving her the credit she feels she deserves.
While also saying that there is no copyright on recipes. I presume that only works for the recipes she ponces.

Reactions: 21
Liking gherkins and horseradish and beetroot doesn't make you edgy or give you a personality. Like many people, I like strong-flavoured stuff. Other people don't. I honestly don't know what else there is to say on the matter. It's so bleeping boring.
How dare you, Harry. It’s not boring, it’s one individual’s complete bleeping identity. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Jack must be the least stoic person I have ever come across. Every slight mishap is treated as catastrophic and ruins her day - splinter, hurt shin, sore lip. Honestly my small grandaughter copes better with ailments.
Yet she - a woman in her thirties who devotes a whole weekend to live tweeting a splinter, makes a photo journal of a black eye and subsequent A&E trip, and makes Ouchy Mouth into an entire lifestyle (except when frantically scoffing pickle and horseradish sandwiches prickly with crisps) - labours for 30 hours in absolute silence?

I, as a person with an invisible disability, try to give the benefit of the doubt to others on the same boat but someone disabled with arthritis who needs to be picked up off the floor regularly yet stilldoes 25,000 steps a day indoors, dances all day in heels, hikes twice a day to the supermarket, lifts weights, sofas and 93kg sideboard, punches and kicks adult men, sits down twice a year and sees standing in queues as a nice break from her 20 hour days - I just....struggle to believe.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
3 random comments.
She doesn't have a clue about lockdown cooking and eating. Mine is big order, and forget or run out of stuff and either get it from deliveroo grocery (expensive) or go without. And I'm lucky to get easy deliveries. Popping to the shop not an option.

I wonder if the chaoses are generated the same app that sends out the recipes. It would explain why they don't match up with the days behaviours.

One of the covid19 microscopic pictures looks like anchioade.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Yet she - a woman in her thirties who devotes a whole weekend to live tweeting a splinter, makes a photo journal of a black eye and subsequent A&E trip, and makes Ouchy Mouth into an entire lifestyle (except when frantically scoffing pickle and horseradish sandwiches prickly with crisps) - labours for 30 hours in absolute silence?

I, as a person with an invisible disability, try to give the benefit of the doubt to others on the same boat but someone disabled with arthritis who needs to be picked up off the floor regularly yet stilldoes 25,000 steps a day indoors, dances all day in heels, hikes twice a day to the supermarket, lifts weights, sofas and 93kg sideboard, punches and kicks adult men, sits down twice a year and sees standing in queues as a nice break from her 20 hour days - I just....struggle to believe.
Don’t forget the 22 mile ‘yomp’ when she was in the Lake District. Considering she walked with a stick for a while, I can’t help but think of Lazarus.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.