Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A 33 year old reminiscing about something happening 30 years ago. 🤪

I don't remember chinnies, but there again lots of things pass me by.
Greg Davies goes on about it in one of his stand ups.........maybe they were just watching that at the time and trying to be original?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
A 33 year old reminiscing about something happening 30 years ago. 🤪

I don't remember chinnies, but there again lots of things pass me by.
It was 'Jimmy Hill' or 'ReckON' where I grew up..
It caught my eye as we were discussing it here a while back. I think a photo of Jimmy Hill was posted.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don't recall "chinnies", but...in the part of bonnie Scotland that I'm from, we preferred the more direct parlance of " shut the duck up ya lying tit".

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Jack: One and done, made this for the first time and it was perfect, SB/BB/Cooper/the postman/the bramble mice took one bite and said it was the best thing they'd ever tasted.

Also Jack: All my recipes are thoroughly and meticulously tested before I post them.

She also never, ever says "Had an idea for a new recipe but it didn't quite work/needs refining a bit."

#makeitmakesense
Apparently her autism means that she has an infallible instinct for flavour pairings (and also timings, method, etc etc).

As far as I can tell the only recipe she's made more than once has been the anchoïade eggs.

Genuinely, I don't believe she has tastebuds...probably not much sense of smell either given her grubbiness. She could catch covid and no one would know. Hell, she might be patient zero! Do they make tinned bat?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Chinnies was a thing in the part of Scotland I’m from but not in my day. My brother is 41 and he and his pals said it.

I’m like what are you going on about

Reactions: 12
I can’t deal with Vonny le clerc or what her married name is. She talks as much cack as Jack. And that’s saying something

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Just referring back to the last thread and how desparate she is for engagement. I think my maverick brain just did something. Now I don’t use twitter, I have an account but haven’t ever posted. However I have screenshot some of Jacks last tweets to see how the engagement soars when she is offering her free stuff out... have a look at this pic. Interesting reading (maybe it’s just me? But I thought it was interesting lol)
Worth me mentioning that obv my twitter knowledge is tit, so this might be wrong lol

Attachments

Reactions: 23
Hahaha, remember when we made fun of people with medical conditions? Haha. We were crazy. Such fun.
It's funny because she cries #actuallyautistic (she's not) whenever someone so much as points out a typo. But obviously reminiscing about sticking your tongue in your lower lip to mock people is fine.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
I can’t deal with Vonny le clerc or what her married name is. She talks as much cack as Jack. And that’s saying something
I believe Ms "le clerc" lives quite near me. (Insert massive red triangle)....surely McJackie popped in to see her on her luxury trip to the 'burgh. The Dream Team.

• Sick
Reactions: 19
Sorry if this is wildly off topic but we were discussing her earlier in the context of Sir Matt of the Forearms: Ching just put a picture of her husband on her Instagram stories and I am in love.

A1839A77-2C6F-4B8D-89D4-53799CC0CD02.jpeg

So refreshing to see a clean kitchen - take note Jack.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
I believe Ms "le clerc" lives quite near me. (Insert massive red triangle)....surely McJackie popped in to see her on her luxury trip to the 'burgh. The Dream Team.
You know she's moved west now? She's about 4 streets away from me 😂. Did a big grandiose self introduction on the nextdoor app, complete with photos 🙄 #no1currrs

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.