Jack Monroe #105 The slop thickens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm on a grunk due to eating dinner and watching strictly and drinking and stuff, but please be assured that mince pie doughnuts (🤢 mince pies are foul) are On The List.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Just seen @Raker was wondering where I was... (I didn't scroll down my notifications but not ignoring anyone else who may have been thinking of me!).. I'm ok!! We moved house and were in a hotel for a while so got terribly behind because of lack of internet. I think I've got about 12 threads to read arrggghhhh.

Hope everyone is OK and lockdown 2 isn't causing you too many problems!! I'll be back with you soon hopefully.

PS, Jack has done so many infuriating things over the last few weeks and I'm gutted I wasn't here in real time 😭😭🤬🤬

• Heart
Reactions: 81
The more she swears her first-time recipe attempts are amazing, the more she swears that things are unbearably delicious, the more undoubtedly sure I am that she is lying. Can we hear from somebody else - not Jack - about how this food all tastes?

PS, is there any update from the beanjuice meringue (wtaf) squiggle? Is this yet more proof that Jack Monroe recipes are a pile of shite and unless you hit a fluke they just don't work?
Jack: One and done, made this for the first time and it was perfect, SB/BB/Cooper/the postman/the bramble mice took one bite and said it was the best thing they'd ever tasted.

Also Jack: All my recipes are thoroughly and meticulously tested before I post them.

She also never, ever says "Had an idea for a new recipe but it didn't quite work/needs refining a bit."

#makeitmakesense

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Just seen @Raker was wondering where I was... (I didn't scroll down my notifications but not ignoring anyone else who may have been thinking of me!).. I'm ok!! We moved house and were in a hotel for a while so got terribly behind because of lack of internet. I think I've got about 12 threads to read arrggghhhh.

Hope everyone is OK and lockdown 2 isn't causing you too many problems!! I'll be back with you soon hopefully.

PS, Jack has done so many infuriating things over the last few weeks and I'm gutted I wasn't here in real time 😭😭🤬🤬
We love you incy

• Heart
Reactions: 22
and, yes, I've just added "half written budget xmas recipes" too *sigh*

Thank goodness you have more commitment then Our Jackie, she's adding tit to the list constantly!

May Vlad shower you in blessings for your service, may your donuts be mince free and your splinters small.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
In the early part of the 90’s “oh chinny reck-on” and “Jimmy Hill!” Whilst rubbing your chin was an insult/witty retort popularised by Rob Newman and David Baddielon the Mary Whitehouse Experience.
For example, when JM says the donuts were delicious, I would shout “chinny reck-on, Jimmy Hill’ and rub my chin to indicate I thought she was, in fact, talking shite.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
This is a picture of me enjoying a mini mince pie doughnut at Crosstown Doughnuts in.....2018

Such a maverick our Jackie. Making a tit copy of a doughnut that a well known CHAIN has been making for years.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
This is a picture of me enjoying a mini mince pie doughnut at Crosstown Doughnuts in.....2018

Such a maverick our Jackie. Making a tit copy of a doughnut that a well known CHAIN has been making for years.
Nail goals and receipts. Mad kudos.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
In the early part of the 90’s “oh chinny reck-on” and “Jimmy Hill!” Whilst rubbing your chin was an insult/witty retort popularised by Rob Newman and David Baddielon the Mary Whitehouse Experience.
For example, when JM says the donuts were delicious, I would shout “chinny reck-on, Jimmy Hill’ and rub my chin to indicate I thought she was, in fact, talking shite.
In my part of the world in the 90s, we just used to say “beard” if we thought someone was bullshitting.
Is that just an Essex thing?

• Haha
Reactions: 22
In my part of the world in the 90s, we just used to say “beard” if we thought someone was bullshitting.
Is that just an Essex thing?
Beard over here too (not Essex though)! Or stroking your chin while saying "hmmm my beard is itching..." 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17

I love your nails

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.