Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The mind honestly boggles. All this talk of the Post Office, when only one squiggle has actually received anything they were supposed to receive from Jack so far. Her followers and customers are 100% likely to publically post upon receipt of an item. Is this all smoke and mirrors to make people feel like she's actually posting items?

• Sad
Reactions: 36
Fraus and here's, this week we will be living on NOTHING!!!! I am not shopping at all

What's that you say, what are you eating?

Well I do get lovely milk delivered, and I do have an American fridge freezer that is pretty full, oh and I keep well stocked cupboards.... But I'm spending nothing this week!!! We are living on literally nothing.

What's that you say, that's cheating?

But I'm spending nothing, look, I'm literally living on the scrapings from the u bend (and my waitrose bargains that I froze from last week).

I'm lying?

That's a bit strong isn't it, we are living on nothing!!!!! I'm maybe bending the truth slightly, oh, and I did buy 48 loo rolls when I last went to the cash and carry, but they don't count, that was then, this is now!!

(nb. This is how crazy the 20 quid shops are, but I'm genuinely not going shopping this week, I need to empty the freezer a bit so I can get ready for Christmas, so according to Jack we were living on nothing)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
The mind honestly boggles. All this talk of the Post Office, when only one squiggle has actually received anything they were supposed to receive from Jack so far. Her followers and customers are 100% likely to publically post upon receipt of an item. Is this all smoke and mirrors to make people feel like she's actually posting items?
Her anecdote makes no bloody sense either. She's got confused in her eternal quest to play the victim. Did they shout at you or shout at the staff?

Reactions: 17
I presume the boy in the photo is a model. If he were genuinely poor he would be howling and clawing the floor as his mother looks on whilst rinsing a tin of spaghetti hoops at the sink in their crappy bungalow.

I'm sure Jack will be advising behind the scenes.
“They did offer this to me but I turned them down. With Marcus and I working so closely on the FSM - well you all must have seen his tweet that was clearly directed to me and only me - I thought I better let some other mithering ninny have a moment in the spotlight.

Are you familiar with my tip jar?”

• Haha
Reactions: 27
There has to be a word for that feeling you get when someone you really admire on Twitter 'Likes' one of her tweets.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
So the post office 'asked you not to' because you presumably had simply TOO much to post but now you..... don't? So either they never asked you not to or suddenly you have less to post.

I'm guessing your Patreons are waiting on quite a lot so......bollocks proven. Total A grade bollocks.

It is known in chambers as preparing the case for the Defence. I think it is safe to assume she has read the KS article, and is treating the witness as hostile.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She's changed her bio AGAIN so that it no longer includes the ~feeding 3 on £20 a week~ thing

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
The message has been sent to Trussell Trust. I thought it best not to mention Jack by name. I pointed out that a person with close links to them is advocating a £20 shop for 2 adults and one child for a week. Gave them enough information for them to be sure of who I am referring to, but said that if they wanted me to be explicit I would do so.

I went into detail about my experiences of poverty and of my voluntary work with local charities. I also mentioned how this undermined the good work that they, and our, charities are doing to raise awareness. I asked them to use their Nationwide profile to publicly refute this and to investigate the dangerously low nutritional values of the meals that are being advocated.

I suggested they might not wish to name this person but that they could give out more general information that opposes and disputes this dangerous and misleading message. I also suggested they should distance themselves from someone advocating such alarming, unhealthy, and unsafe very low-calorie meals devoid of nutritional value.

I wrote a bit more, but that is the gist of it. I will let you know their response.
Fantastic. Mine is sent also, was unsure at first whether to actually name and shame but I think I agree there's no need, unless they respond and ask directly. Let's see what response if any we get.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.