Jack Monroe #102 Stop getting Bond wrong!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: Headrush Spaghetti. I'm not saying I ran so @TurnedUpInTipp can walk, but 2017 Moglits was a fan of Jack's (ssh) and made it.

Now. Three years is a long time, but it wasn't...bad. It broadly worked. I mean, as a Thread 2 Caballer, I am willing to take one for my fraus and herrs and make it again to the absolute letter (as I seem to remember making some small tweaks, like actually roasting the garlic rather than burning my house down), but at the same time if TUIT already has their shopping list of white chocolate and dehydrated mushrooms, then...

I've written this before but our coven has grown since then - tried and tested Jack recipes from memory...

- Chickpea falafels - they're alright
- Red bean and dumpling soup - pretty good, provided you don't mind the minky (teehee) colour
- Feisty Soup - ignore the title, it's alright. Good for blasting away a cold
- Peanut butter and jam cookies - good, in the way that child-made cookies are good and taste vaguely like Play-Doh
- Mushroom, lentil, and ale pie - actually very good, but subject to a lot of tweaking
- Spinach dumplings - absolute disaster, and I could tell from reading the recipe, but gave it a punt and ended up with a pan of floating leaves and flour clumps
- Come to Bed Parmigiana - nice! No-one came around to bone me tho
- Salad bag pesto - made it, didn't die, it was absolutely gross

I think there's more...
Mate I don’t know whether to nominate you for a pride of Britain award or a Victoria cross medal.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Why is she buying stuff if she doesn’t know what she’ll use it for? I tend to plan/prep what I’ll make after having a snoop for what’s on offer and buy bits to fill in the gaps?!
Exactly, she does not even realise what clues she is giving off. If you are poor or not even poor, you don't shop like that. It is pure GREED! If it was a huge amount of other veg and it was nearly off and she had bought it to cook a massive meal (to put it into the freezer or,even better, share), yes, but not for the sake of it.

Reactions: 19
I'm getting beardy twit vibes. I think he is probably a secret posho.
Me too, but I think that every single Frau and Herr of the coven have reached that advanced state to call her/himself a medium. Bc we literally start to shake with our whole bodies when there is fraud in sight/creep alarm.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Jack: 'I love sprouts! I'm going to finely slice them, then add a sprinkling of totally dry herbs. Going to waft them past an open window, mix in some stuffing then cook them inside a shoe'

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Ah Brussels, more parping in bed then! :eek:

A random selection. Brussels and apple stew, anyone? Xx

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
I'm sat here in shock over the photo of her lunch. It's not pesto it's wet salad leaves covered in oil 😭

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Those mushrooms are large, but no way are they as big as her face. It is called perspective. She is holding the mushroom closer to the camera (phone).

It brings to mind Father Ted, these toy cows are small, those out there in the field are far away. Small, far away.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Jack's new SocMed mentor? Pleased to have been featured in his latest video, it is easy to see their respective influence upon one another's body of work.

Cabal...he’s a comedian. This could be some meta-trolling by him

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Jack, i’m shattered. Are we in the larder or not? Asking for my thumbs.

This may be naff but if she really did eat the bum off the biscuit that’s just awful.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I have an effing zoom call now. All I can say is I can’t wait for eleventybillion hilarious comments when I catch up later 🙏🏻

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.