Jack Monroe #102 Stop getting Bond wrong!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack, i’m shattered. Are we in the larder or not? Asking for my thumbs.

This may be naff but if she really did eat the bum off the biscuit that’s just awful.
I thought the same. He's 10, not 2. Eating part of a nice treat for him is just icky and makes her look like an hole, not as funny and quirky as she thinks

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
They last longer because you don't use them enough.

And you need a nailbrush and packet of orangesticks.

Not expensive at 79p a bar from Superdrug, plus 50p for the brush and around £2 for the sticks.
I've considered sending her a nail brush.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Do you mind if I give it a miss? I’ve already nearly been poisoned this week. Mr ssw decided to do a Jack style chaos involving a sticky toffee pudding and garlic Mayo.
I don't wish to be considered overly dramatic but, I hope you LEFT. That's an irreconcilable difference if ever I heard one

• Haha
Those mushrooms are large, but no way are they as big as her face. It is called perspective. She is holding the mushroom closer to the camera (phone).

It brings to mind Father Ted, these toy cows are small, those out there in the field are far away. Small, far away.
1605026779745.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
It's really not for to comment but how to her nails get so bad? I'd understand if she was a gardener or a trades person but twittering 🤷

Also Id like to say I'd understand if she had just came in form digging up said veg, not about to embark to cook said veg. She should always have clean hands.

Reactions: 17
I'm someone who said that recently so I would like to apologise to you. My post was poorly worded.

What I meant to say was that I do think Jack has a PD (and we can only speculate from the comfort of our armchairs). I mentioned EUPD because (to me) she has an unstable self-image, has trouble in her relationships and there appears to be some (family?) trauma lurking away in the background. What I did NOT mean to imply is that EUPD would be an excuse for her willingness to hurt people or advance herself at the expense of others.

I do apologise if my views came across as ill-informed or as propping up unhelpful stereotypes. Thanks for pulling me up on this x
No need to apologise! ❤

You are right - a personality disorder or any mental disorder/illness does not give anyone the excuse to be cuntish.

Unruly labia??

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
So she’s gone mad for 10p limes and bought 2, which is the same cost as a single one from Asda (currently 20p on their website) but as she doesn’t know what to use them for she’s spent the same amount of money on twice the volume of an ingredient she’s going to have to force into another meal before they go off.

And surely buying something because it’s cheap rather than being something you need is antithetical to shopping on a strict budget, that 20p could get you an extra baking potato, which would be the basis of one adult’s easy, filling lunch.

There’s a false economy, and then there’s that.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
View attachment 305644

Didn’t realise Jack was a Trekkie as well as a Bond superfan. Must have missed her Twitter chat about the latest Picard and Star Trek: Discovery. You’d think she’d be right on that.

Bollocks. She's too young for TNG (or TOS) to have been on after school. Unless we're talking about when SKY took over the franchise (satellite TV in the early 90s - fancy) and went on to show DS9 after rerunning TNG. Although she would still have been too young for something that started at 8pm. Actually seeing ST:V is vaguely possible, as that was in late 1995/6.

The movies might have been possible, as they had started flogging video box sets by then, even though they were rated too high for a child of her age to watch - but she doesn't seem to think anything about Kirk or the actual barriers that Shatner et al broke down. As though she hadn't seen them...

This is a niche that nobody should consider trampling their boots into.

• Heart
I don't understand understand how this is enough to feed a omnivore family of three, let alone for two adults who are mainly vegetarian/plant based?

🙄
I was just thinking that. And who buys three apples? That’s the only fruit there so that’s one days worth of fruit right?

Reactions: 29
So she’s gone mad for 10p limes and bought 2, which is the same cost as a single one from Asda (currently 20p on their website) but as she doesn’t know what to use them for she’s spent the same amount of money on twice the volume of an ingredient she’s going to have to force into another meal before they go off.

And surely buying something because it’s cheap rather than being something you need is antithetical to shopping on a strict budget, that 20p could get you an extra baking potato, which would be the basis of one adult’s easy, filling lunch.

There’s a false economy, and then there’s that.
This is the whole problem with the farcical £20 shop. Shopping and eating for less is just a sport to those who aren't actually skint. She's doing 'what can I get for 20 quid this week?!' and thinking up random tit to make with it rather than actually needing to get every last thing she needs to live. If she hadve just admitted to that, fine. For her to say she's living and now feeding three for £20 a week is not only completely untrue (storecupboard full of 'fancy' pastas and milk deliveries for a start) it's wildly harmful, which she knows as it's been pointed out to her. Why she's insisting on carrying it on I do not know

• Heart
Reactions: 50
So she reckons she’s feeding three of them on £20 a week, three meals a day each? (She’s the one who included SB, though we all know he’s not there) So that’s about 32p per meal each? And she buys limes, duck eggs, pomegranate, and Brussel sprouts?
Tesco are selling packets of spaghetti for 20p, but heaven forbid she should actually help people on a real budget who don’t have a ready supply of giant haemorrhage pasta, fancy cheese and a veg box on hand.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Those mushrooms are large, but no way are they as big as her face. It is called perspective. She is holding the mushroom closer to the camera (phone).

It brings to mind Father Ted, these toy cows are small, those out there in the field are far away. Small, far away.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
So rude, as always. That asparagus squiggle has really started something with this pretend environment stuff.

26980AED-74D0-47F1-BDFC-6B825B7DECB4.jpeg

Real poor people don’t have the option to spend £2.40 on duck eggs because they couldn’t resist them, you plank.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.