Jack Monroe #102 Stop getting Bond wrong!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fake budget shop "two trips to asda" Jack is one of the worst incarnations.

Excuse me a moment, I need to get this out

SHUT THE duck UP JACK. You get milk and duck knows what else delivered. You don't include any non food items that are normal expenses.

SO STOP bleeping BENDING THE TRUTH FOR CLICKS

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 62
So she reckons sheā€™s feeding three of them on Ā£20 a week, three meals a day each? (Sheā€™s the one who included SB, though we all know heā€™s not there) So thatā€™s about 32p per meal each? And she buys limes, duck eggs, pomegranate, and Brussel sprouts?
Tesco are selling packets of spaghetti for 20p, but heaven forbid she should actually help people on a real budget who donā€™t have a ready supply of giant haemorrhage pasta, fancy cheese and a veg box on hand.
Exactly, sheā€™s playing at poverty, same as anyone middle class who thinks they could feed their family on Ā£20 and that poorer people are not educated enough to do it. They ignore the fact that for many families, the minuscule food budget occurs week in and week out with no end in sight.
They canā€™t just splurge Ā£2.40 on duck eggs because they like them, their budget wouldnā€™t allow it. Jack splurging on duck eggs shows she has no worry about where the next Ā£2.40 is coming from.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
Bollocks. She's too young for TNG (or TOS) to have been on after school. Unless we're talking about when SKY took over the franchise (satellite TV in the early 90s - fancy) and went on to show DS9 after rerunning TNG. Although she would still have been too young for something that started at 8pm. Actually seeing ST:V is vaguely possible, as that was in late 1995/6.

The movies might have been possible, as they had started flogging video box sets by then, even though they were rated too high for a child of her age to watch - but she doesn't seem to think anything about Kirk or the actual barriers that Shatner et al broke down. As though she hadn't seen them...

This is a niche that nobody should consider trampling their boots into.
Iā€™m the same age as Jackie and we watched TNG as a family (started airing in the UK on the BBC in 1990 apparently when we would have been too young to remember, then in later years on Sky) but I donā€™t remember watching it after school. My dad was a massive fan and even collected the magazines that went in a ton of LEVER ARCH FILES that I donā€™t think heā€™s ever looked at ever again. I definitely remember Voyager at the weekend as we would sometimes be eating our roast while watching it. We had FANCY satellite TV but no ballet lessons or Land Rover unfortunately.

Reactions: 17
I cannot even with this charlatan anymore. This is the what, third/fourth shop with no toilet paper, shower gel/nana soap, toothpaste, bin liners, cleaning products, containers, pet food. Between three people, a cat and rabbit.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Bollocks. She's too young for TNG (or TOS) to have been on after school. Unless we're talking about when SKY took over the franchise (satellite TV in the early 90s - fancy) and went on to show DS9 after rerunning TNG. Although she would still have been too young for something that started at 8pm. Actually seeing ST:V is vaguely possible, as that was in late 1995/6.

The movies might have been possible, as they had started flogging video box sets by then, even though they were rated too high for a child of her age to watch - but she doesn't seem to think anything about Kirk or the actual barriers that Shatner et al broke down. As though she hadn't seen them...

This is a niche that nobody should consider trampling their boots into.
I used to work with a rabid ST fan. The full-on, convention attending nerd type who worked in IT.

He described himself as a ā€˜Trekkerā€™ and not a Trekkie as these were the less committed, lightweight fans in his opinion. They probably just watched the films and tv series.

There was a film about them a few years back.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Is Annunziata Rees-Mogg allowed to spend Ā£2.40 on duck eggs? What if people donā€™t have Ā£80 to spread over the month? She canā€™t keep up with her own bullshit. Changes the goalposts to fit whatever poverty game sheā€™s playing this week.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Weā€™ve seen her swigging a bottle of milk, pasta, pizza, cheese, butter bleeping curry, tit tons of chocolate, giant grapes, cat food, egg yolk crisps, lentils... the leeway on store cupboard items and ā€˜giftsā€™ here is bloody Narnia.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I thought the same. He's 10, not 2. Eating part of a nice treat for him is just icky and makes her look like an hole, not as funny and quirky as she thinks
If she wanted a dinosaur šŸ¦• she should have bought herself one, thatā€™s just mean taking a bite out of her sons ā˜¹

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Precisely , itā€™s all just bollocks. Thereā€™s no way in hell shes just spending Ā£20 a week 3 people (sheā€™s probably spending Buddles money

Iā€™ve never seen anyone apologise for using expensive pasta and claim it as a present.
Just duck off , canā€™t she admit sheā€™s no longer poor and can afford more expensive food.

She is such a fraud
We used to buy giant pasta from Aldi, it wasnt expensive so why claim it is gifted?

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh @Alansbigplate you're really on form, I know itā€™s OT but I am helpless with laughter. Father Dougal Jack had a really cursed face as well, Iā€™m absolutely crying laughing.
Most amusing thing Jack has ever done!
I wonder if we could ā€œretro costā€ what she posts (I say we as I cannot be arsed doing it) so you know, adding the approx value of the unruly labia pasta shells, plus the salad bag pesto (when did she last buy a salad bag?)
Also Iā€™m now thinking of salad fingers- he has the hellscape aesthetic that Jackā€™s food has
Edit - autocarrot

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Sheā€™s being so irresponsible again. ā€œI donā€™t need to up my budget (not that I ever actually stuck to Ā£20 in the first place) to feed a whole other adult because Iā€™ve proven that I can feed the 5000 on Ā£20. BuT dOnā€™t You GamMons UsE my RecIpEs AgAinsT Meā€

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.