Jack Monroe #101 The bubble bursts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fair point. But let’s say that one is the social-media manager of a popular company, would this be a full-time job? - have absolutely no idea personally.
Its a huge part of my job and it’s very time consuming. I’ve actually come to loathe it! I would love to come off social media totally. Sucks the life right out of you. Jack is a prime example (warning) of what happens when you spend too much of your life on it x

• Sad
Reactions: 38
I have no clue about Strava.
Does it track your physical position or whether your heart rate has hit the point of justifiable homicide?
It tracks your route. People with public Stravas make me so anxious because there are all sorts of security issues. There have been problems with people running the same route at the same time every day, or starting the recording right outside their homes for example. It's a safety risk. They recently made a feature that used to be automatically on into an opt in feature - it showed you anyone you passed en route who was also using Strava. As a runner I find Strava really useful as I can't afford a fancy sports watch...but it's not without its issues. I really can't get over the fact that Louisa is not worried about her profile being public.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
But she doesn't only have fish and eggs!! The coffee with the gone off milk was recent wasn't it? And that cheapo chicken she had in Edinburgh. SHE'S gaslighting US.
I was about to mention the yellow stickered Edinburgh reformed chicken slices 🤣 And the trip to Five Guys that she livetweeted... I don’t remember her making a show about it being a veggie burger.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I was about to mention the yellow stickered Edinburgh reformed chicken slices 🤣 And the trip to Five Guys that she livetweeted... I don’t remember her making a show about it being a veggie burger.
I don't even think they do veggie burgers! Cheese toasties which also aren't vegan

Reactions: 16
You just reminded me of that phrase "knows the price of everything and the value of nothing"

Except she's crap at calculating the price AND the value of everything.
Jack Monroe #102 She knows the price of nothing and the value of nothing

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Flatmate just informed me that she's been spreading the good word about Jack's bullshit if she comes up in convo. I'm so proud.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Ha! Definitely not a veggie burg. She was phwoaring and roaring about triple bacon whatever burgers. Her squiggles have fecking amnesia

Reactions: 27
Urgh I’m still in Edinburgh. I must thank @Alansbigplate for making my evening- the two soups/two Jacks gif, and I’m rewatching I’m Alan Partridge on Netflix. Feeling full of cold with weird sleeping pattern and it’s really cheered me up x

• Heart
Reactions: 18
5EB9437B-8DAE-48DA-823C-C6054911AF09.jpeg

I’m really hoping the tide is turning rather than just someone reading Tattle and starting up a troll account, I know it’s tempting when you’re dealing with such blindness from squiggles!!

• Wow
Reactions: 50
I don't even think they do veggie burgers! Cheese toasties which also aren't vegan
Correct, they are about the only place in the UK not offering veggie/vegan burgers. They do a veggie option which is all the veggie toppings (lettuce, tomato, onion, mushrooms, ketchup, mustard) ,no burger of any kind and charge about £4.50 for it. Perfect for a poor 90% vegan.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
Long time lurker since she LEFT. Finally made an account. Not a squiggle. Confession.....I bought Vegan(ish), made one recipe and put it in the skip 🤑
Unlikely to contribute much as I'm very BUSY.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I’m still waiting for her scathing forensic political analysis. History has been made, fam!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I’m not a regular visitor as the closest five guys is miles away so I maybe wrong but I’m sure they don’t, they have some sort of sandwich thing instead.

Reactions: 8
Has Jack/Kate Monroe/Adie even said anything yet? You know, with her FORENSIC interest and all that?
Can you imagine her going head to head with John Simpson?

JS: What do you think will happen to populist leaders now? Will there be any impact to the US/UK trade deal? How will Biden deal with China?

JM: Just bung it in a curry.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.