Jack Monroe #100 Jack Monroe and The Jimmy Nail Experience - she’s still lying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having watched the leftover larders (did I mention?) I couldn't stop thinking what a child she is - the way she talks/ behaves/ listens. All so childish and then I thought what role must her older girlfriends play in her life...slightly creeped out tbh

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I went out to my favourite local restaurant last night and because it was their last day open the portion sizes were huge so I brought half home. Do you dare me to ask about the leftover chips?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
100 threads, who would have thunk it back in the heady days of me emulating Jack by shouting at my kids, “sit down I have to see Red....DKL!”. Them asking why the strange lady was grasping a lemon, me realising what privilege they have to know a real lemon, not just bottled.

Big fist pumps (gel up afterwards) to @Pocahontas, @Alansbigplate and the receipts twins @Silver Linings and @Marmalade Atkins ❤ And not forgetting our super sleuth @Veronicaaa. Proper bo, Fraus

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
The thing is, she says in that screenshot that she does chop all her veg and then put it on! So it's something of a brainteaser as to why her slowness at chopping veg has any relation to why she doesn't heat the oil first. By which I mean it makes absolutely zero sense.
It shows that she doesn't understand why "other cooks and chefs" heat oil first. It's not about saving time, it's about avoiding greasy, soggy onions.

PS she had the begging bowl out before SHE LEFT the last time. Hopes are not high...

Reactions: 33
Jack and Louisa back together ...aww how ...um.....sweet.

This is until Jack starts being difficult and Louisa leaves again.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
100 threads, who would have thunk it back in the heady days of me emulating Jack by shouting at my kids, “sit down I have to see Red....DKL!”. Them asking why the strange lady was grasping a lemon, me realising what privilege they have to know a real lemon, not just bottled.

Big fist pumps (gel up afterwards) to @Pocahontas, @Alansbigplate and the receipts twins @Silver Linings and @Marmalade Atkins ❤ Proper bo, Fraus

Fist bumps to us all ❤ We look good for 100 (no FaceTune necessary).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Was trying to figure out why the lentils were drunk, but finally understood that it was HER who was drunk while cooking it - right??

I am with you on no sultanas or raisins 🤢🤢
I thought the pic of it actually looked quite nice and I was craving some sort of coconutty / creamy / almondy thing.

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 12.31.37.png

Jack and Louisa back together ...aww how ...um.....sweet.

This is until Jack starts being difficult and Louisa leaves again.
The thought of being trapped in a lockdown bubble with Jack is giving me the heebie jeebies.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
View attachment 300307

Old news from last thread but this tweet from our forensic political journo is complete bollocks.
Some states have rules that the mail in ballots can't be counted until election day, it's nothing to do with Trump. There were just way more mail in ballots than ever before. FAKE NEWS JACK stop mithering on about things you know nothing about.
Yes, I wanted to say this! Different states had different rules for their mail-ins, some started counting before, some after the polls closed. Trump is obviously being a bleep about it and wants the counting to stop, despite being fully aware way in advance that this is how their stupid system worked. But he didn’t create the voting system. Jack, your forensic knowledge is seemingly limited to how lockdown support bubbles work.... oh wait!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
So, so much fun had in getting to 100 threads. Now, the big question as we make our way into new territory, how will our very own work-shy freeloader still be able to plead poverty and hardship, now that her wealthy tv exec lover is moving back in? It will be tricky but by god if anyone can do it, Monroe can.
If Jack put as much work into getting work as she does avoiding it, I am sure she could get gainful employment. Though her at work antics might result in that employment being short lived.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
If Jack put as much work into getting work as she does avoiding it, I am sure she could get gainful employment. Though her at work antics might result in that employment being short lived.
Stop mithering on about things you know nothing about, filming work was on her extremely private list!!

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I suspect we will be treated to lots of cosy lockdown pictures, with just a hint of the bubble buddy.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
I was thinking the other day about trying this. Obviously without sultanas or raisins because 🤢🤢

View attachment 300329

View attachment 300328
Go on, do it. I double dare you. And add the sultanas or raisins just to make it properly authentic Jack. You know if you leave them out and it tastes horrible that it will be your fault.

Don't forget the most important part of the recipe, "try not to set the kitchen alight" 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Cheers mate! Been on self imposed internet exile since September. The noise was just too much for me and i could feel myself slipping down dark hole. Deleted all apps and waved a temporary b'bye to my beloved Cabal.
I logged on to my Twitter earlier this week and saw that a friend had retweeted that bloody awful egg/anchovy monstrosity and knew that you would all be in hysterics over it.
Now on epic Grunkal and am feeling thoroughly cheered up by my fellow Fraus.
I've missed you xxxx
Welcome back lovely. Hope the dark hole period has somewhat passed and you feel brighter xx

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I really think it is time someone else took a turn at making one of Jack's soups.
Anyone?
Someone at the back there?
You here at the front, you'd like to do it wouldn't you?
How about you hiding your face with a copy of "Depressipies"?

Nobody..........Ah well, at least no ingredients will be wasted. As you were.
Raises hand 🙋🏻‍♀️ and confesses to not liking/eating soup, also a bit off with veg in general. And after seeing jackbots slop I have become more veg averse 🤢 still can’t believe you guys not only made one of her recipes, but actually tasted them 😱.

even autocarrot doesn’t like jackbot 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Despite being new to comment here, I’ve been reading along from nearly the beginning of these threads and I’d like to also pipe in to agree with the above - the wit, wisdom and love shown by the canal really kept me going through the first lockdown and now I’m contributing, I’m sure it will again this time. Happy 100th all. Now, I think confirmation of Louisa’s return explains a few things.
1. Why she got a skip in to tidy the house
2. Why Louisa has been to the house most weekends over past six weeks
3. Why jack has been happier over the past week and didn’t have a major full moon meltdown this month
4. Why she has been hinting and mentioning babies so often
5. Why she has been hinting at more and more things to do with news cycles or politics, they’ve obvs been chatting lots.
I wonder if we’ll see less patreon begging now she has two incomes again to pay for the crappy bungalow?
Wish I had handwritten this list, taken a photo to show you all and stuck it to the fridge, but I’m BUSY

• Heart
Reactions: 92
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.