Jack Monroe #100 Jack Monroe and The Jimmy Nail Experience - she’s still lying

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, so much fun had in getting to 100 threads. Now, the big question as we make our way into new territory, how will our very own work-shy freeloader still be able to plead poverty and hardship, now that her wealthy tv exec lover is moving back in? It will be tricky but by god if anyone can do it, Monroe can.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Screenshot 2020-11-05 at 12.52.10.png

Old news from last thread but this tweet from our forensic political journo is complete bollocks.
Some states have rules that the mail in ballots can't be counted until election day, it's nothing to do with Trump. There were just way more mail in ballots than ever before. FAKE NEWS JACK stop mithering on about things you know nothing about.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
From her latest auto tweeted recipe, for minestrone soup.

View attachment 300282

Could she not chop the veg, leave chopped veg to one side whilst oil is heating in the pan. Once the oil has heated to the correct temperature add the already chopped veg. I haven't got a forensic or autistic brain, just one that uses common sense.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
A hundred thank yous right back, dearest heart. You are the ❤ of the thread. Legit one of the funniest people i’ve ever ‘met’. And not just funny but lovely too.

On topic, had a look at the letdown larder hashtag and it’s more of the same, butternut squashes and celery and i’m literally bored already typing that out. 😴
This fax machine is the truest form of love I can show you 📠

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Just echoing the amazement that we’ve got to one hundred threads. I joined Tattle last September, having been led here by Sali Hughes’ Freaky Friday video rant. I came for that, was curious about Jack Monroe, as I’d seen her featured in The Guardian over the years and was intrigued to find she had several threads. Just over a year later and here I still am commenting on thread 100.

Thank you, you bunch of vicious trolls for the laughs, the warmth and the superb food/life knowledge that you all offer when fellow frauen need it. You’re the best bunch of trolls a girl could ask for and I’d love to meet you all and hang out with you some day. Now absolutely get fucked!

• Heart
Reactions: 71
View attachment 300295

This is the saddest minestrone recipe I ever saw. WHERE ARE THE REST OF THE VEGETABLES JACK? And how is soup made with only 600ml of stock going to make "4 generous bowlfuls".
I really think it is time someone else took a turn at making one of Jack's soups.
Anyone?
Someone at the back there?
You here at the front, you'd like to do it wouldn't you?
How about you hiding your face with a copy of "Depressipies"?

Nobody..........Ah well, at least no ingredients will be wasted. As you were.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I really think it is time someone else took a turn at making one of Jack's soups.
Anyone?

I would volunteer but I’m BUSY for the next <flips through diary>... lifetime

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Just a quick shout out to @MooBelle who is Grunka-ing like a feckin' Trojan!
Cheers mate! Been on self imposed internet exile since September. The noise was just too much for me and i could feel myself slipping down dark hole. Deleted all apps and waved a temporary b'bye to my beloved Cabal.
I logged on to my Twitter earlier this week and saw that a friend had retweeted that bloody awful egg/anchovy monstrosity and knew that you would all be in hysterics over it.
Now on epic Grunkal and am feeling thoroughly cheered up by my fellow Fraus.
I've missed you xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 108
I could not, in good conscience, attempt that minestrone recipe. My late great Nonna would be HOWLING and CLAWING in her grave at such a monstrosity.

Also, don't mean to be flippant but her lockdown note - YOU MUST STAY AT HOME - remind me of the notes we had to leave around for my Nonna when she developed Alzheimers.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Anyone?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Anyone?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I have it in mind to make those cannellini beans in wine and vegan butter one time soon AND I did Moonshine Mash so I'm not doing any more

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm not a lockdown hardliner and understand why all the clauses/exemptions exist, but the way Jack goes about it is to consider what she *can* do, rather than consider how to reduce risk. Like, your kid has to go to school and see his dad and that's obviously non-negotiable, but beyond that you can limit what you do and who you see and she just doesn't seem to think from that point of view at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Loves, 100 threads, who da thought? Lovely to see the hard working Jimmy make his title appearance on such a momentous occasion and how lovely of 'Bubble Buddy' and JM (and her bleeping complete lack of personal privacy boundaries) to come up with so much new nonsense to amuse us through this epoch.

I've been quiet on a lot of the later threads. I'M BUSY, and sometimes JM is bad for my brain. But, to all fraus, herrs and mitherers, thank you. You've genuinely been a brilliant bit of this insane year for me. I'm not nearly as funny as all of you, and I just get cross about food JM cooks and try to press recipes on the rest of you, but I proper think you're all awesome. It's a heartfelt thank you from me for your kindnesses to each other, your wit and your smart, smart comments on all things, JM and non-JM related. Big love. Now duck off. x

• Heart
Reactions: 72
This latest accidental text/MSN name/GCSE revision note era is so cringe. What a ridiculous overshare and blatant invitation to gossip about ‘Bubble Buddy’.

Jack loves Tattle. She loves that we are talking about her. She loves stirring the pot and she loves having a convenient pack of vicious bullies to blame things on when she can’t be arsed following through on anything eg Patreon.

Full o shite!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I don’t get it. Normally it’s tiny teeny tiny veg cubes buggered to hell and back but for a minestrone there’s chunks of carrot the size of my fist?? WTF?
And you apparently only cook it for as long as it takes to cook the pasta - you'd break a tooth on that carrot :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Anyone?

I was thinking the other day about trying this. Obviously without sultanas or raisins because 🤢🤢

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 12.14.18.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 12.14.33.png

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.