Jack Grealish #69 No crocs, no admission, now assume the position

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How much do you think you have saved so far?
I know how much I have and it's actually INSANE.

£117, and I wondered where all my money was going. it's weird because if you buy clothes you have it physically there, and you can see it. spending money on cigs to me was like I wasn't spending money because I didn't SEE it, it just burnt away. but to see the figure is mad!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
How are you doing without the cigs?

Shall we just have the orgy here and we can all wear Minnie ears?

Bae can dress up as Pluto 🐶
There is every chance I own enough pairs of Minnie ears to cater for all of us.

View attachment 1521008

We’ll be staying on site because I don’t want to drive and also have paranoia about an alligator just turning up at the door if we stay in a villa and I wouldn’t know what to do.

I remember I liked the look of one of the moderate resorts (can’t remember the name of it now) but the kids will probably prefer the theming of the value ones anyway so we’ll no doubt end up there.
In all honesty the kids' favourite thing will probably be the pool, the moderate ones are better than the Values. (Art of Animation is a value and it has an amazing pool though - highly recommend.)

IMO the best moderate (and bizarrely the only one I haven't stayed in) is Port Orleans French Quarter. It's small so there's no bad building to stay in, has a good pool, a nice food court, a boat to Disney Springs and you can walk to Port Orleans Riverside which has a sit down restaurant and another food court giving you more options.

If your budget can stretch to it, I'd really recommend Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs. It's basically a deluxe resort for moderate prices, and you have all the amenities of Coronado Springs. It's a conference resort so loads of restaurant choice and the pool is a cracker.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I know how much I have and it's actually INSANE.

£117, and I wondered where all my money was going. it's weird because if you buy clothes you have it physically there, and you can see it. spending money on cigs to me was like I wasn't spending money because I didn't SEE it, it just burnt away. but to see the figure is mad!
That's amazing. Are you putting the savings aside?

I feel like I need to do this with bought coffees 😐

• Heart
That's amazing. Are you putting the savings aside?

I feel like I need to do this with bought coffees 😐
yes I'm saving for a holiday next year with it now and putting some away for house stuff :D

hahah yeah try it, bet it would proper add up!

• Heart

well done, I'm so proud!! 💘 as an occasional mostly-ex social smoker I know how hard it is to resist the little blighters after a few drinks, so you're doing amazingly.

also, what a SEXUAL tax post this is! the way his little finger is digging into his thigh in this one is really doing things to me???
1661249326284.png

• Heart
Reactions: 6
There is every chance I own enough pairs of Minnie ears to cater for all of us.

In all honesty the kids' favourite thing will probably be the pool, the moderate ones are better than the Values. (Art of Animation is a value and it has an amazing pool though - highly recommend.)

IMO the best moderate (and bizarrely the only one I haven't stayed in) is Port Orleans French Quarter. It's small so there's no bad building to stay in, has a good pool, a nice food court, a boat to Disney Springs and you can walk to Port Orleans Riverside which has a sit down restaurant and another food court giving you more options.

If your budget can stretch to it, I'd really recommend Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs. It's basically a deluxe resort for moderate prices, and you have all the amenities of Coronado Springs. It's a conference resort so loads of restaurant choice and the pool is a cracker.
The Port Orleans French Quarter was the one I was looking at! Will have a look at the current offers but it’s probably realistically going to be 2024. By which time they’ll probably want to do Universal as well which I ignored when I was planning last time because I thought they’d be too young.

Is Universal quite close? Could I get an UberDog there and still stay at Disney? I hate packing and repacking.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Does anyone remember when you'd get a 10 pack of Sovereign for £2, or slightly more upmarket Mayfair for £2.40?

Friday night would be a pack of sovereign and a bottle of Glen's vodka to take down the park 😕

• Haha
  • Heart
well done, I'm so proud!! 💘 as an occasional mostly-ex social smoker I know how hard it is to resist the little blighters after a few drinks, so you're doing amazingly.

also, what a SEXUAL tax post this is! the way his little finger is digging into his thigh in this one is really doing things to me???
View attachment 1521095

thank u so very much angel! :D yes it is so hard, I'm sure somewhere down the line I will end up pissed and having a drag of one but I honestly can't see myself going back back now with the money I'm saving.

thanks I am now going to hyper fixate on this finger dig 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 4

View attachment 1521095
I was so focused on the ponytail that I never noticed this the first time, and also couldn’t have told you what colour his T-shirt was. I’ve just got it cropped for the ponytail.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Bloody hell, if I smoked and now gave up I could afford Disney next year.

• Haha
thank u so very much angel! :D yes it is so hard, I'm sure somewhere down the line I will end up pissed and having a drag of one but I honestly can't see myself going back back now with the money I'm
i smoked for nearly 10 years 18-28ish and haven’t smoked for over a year now. the smell of them makes me feel sick! keep at it gal ❤

• Heart
my mum smoked silk cut and is quitting with me, they're now £14 a pack
My mum also smokes Silk Cut, and I swear to god one of my earliest memories is her saying "40 Silk Cut king size" every time we were at the newsagent

I'm not being preachy but the impact that smoking parents have on kids is nuts. I was so desperate to try one.

• Heart
Does anyone remember when you'd get a 10 pack of Sovereign for £2, or slightly more upmarket Mayfair for £2.40?

Friday night would be a pack of sovereign and a bottle of Glen's vodka to take down the park 😕
I worked in Kwik Save (remember that!?) when I was 16 and I'm sure it was £1.63 for 10 Richmond. I only decently learned you don't get packs of 10 anymore and my mind was blown.

The Port Orleans French Quarter was the one I was looking at! Will have a look at the current offers but it’s probably realistically going to be 2024. By which time they’ll probably want to do Universal as well which I ignored when I was planning last time because I thought they’d be too young.

Is Universal quite close? Could I get an UberDog there and still stay at Disney? I hate packing and repacking.
We don't do Universal but you should definitely go. It's probably about half an hour away, maybe a bit less, you could easily Uber it, but I'd recommend doing a split stay. Packing cubes will be your friend. The Universal hotels are excellent, mainly very new and some fantastic value. 10 nights Disney and 4 in Universal might be a nice balance.

• Heart
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.