Jack Grealish #54 same xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d love to just bask on a beach alone for days and days but I’m curious.. what would you do alone on a city break? The idea of dining on my own actually makes me want to vomit, which is silly because I really admire people who can confidently do stuff by themselves (aka adults)
City break alone is fun!

Dining alone can be quite daunting at first, but you soon get used to it and it feels great. If you feel nervous it can be good to dine at the hotel at first, as you have a quick escape route back to your room, plus the staff probably have seen you around during the day so they know you're alone and will chat to you if you encourage it, and won't keep asking if you're waiting for anyone. I like to take a book for while I'm waiting for my food to arrive - feels like a better way to spend my time than just scrolling through my phone, although I might do a bit of that too! Then when the food's there I fully concentrate on enjoying my meal and taking in the surroundings.

During the day there's lots to do, it really depends where you go and what interests you. Lots of big cities have hop-on hop-off bus passes, and that can be a really cheap and easy way to get your bearings.

Personally I like to research a place a bit before I go there, so I know if there's specific things I want to do. I loosely plan what day I'll do each thing - a tasting session of a local food or drink is always fun, and there's usually an interesting museum or some landmarks that I want to go and see. And sometimes I like to plan in a city tour or a go on whatever the interesting local transport is (tram/boat/cable car etc.).

Around that loose plan, I wander. Buy a map but only use it if I'm seriously lost. Pop in and out of shops, stop for drinks and cakes at little cafes, walk around parks and squares, just really get a feeling for the place.

The really great thing about travelling alone is immersing yourself in somewhere new while also spending the time on you. It's a really lovely simultaneous looking inward and outward.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
You guys are giving me a lot to think about… and a lot to (terrifyingly) look forward too.

I hate being alone, so I don’t see this being the case for me. I thrive in company and crumble on my own 😞
Everyone is different!

I'm just a loner, I've always preferred my own company. I'm very happy as I am but that doesn't mean I don't envy outgoing people!

Do youse not get weirdos (and I mean annoying leery people, not like, sweet little old people sparking up a chat which is fine. Sometimes) speaking to you? I try everything I can to look as unapproachable as possible (for this reason I was very pro-mask lolol) but people still slip through the net. That’s the thing that puts me off doing stuff alone 😂 I’m getting solo fomo reading all your posts.
Yes, but this can happen when you're with someone too!

I just don't engage and they usually move on quickly enough.

Learning to love my own company is the best thing to come from my adult years. duck everyone else, I have found my own peace and quiet, and it is bliss
I strongly believe that you will never be happy in life until you are happy in your own company. You need to tune out all the noise to find out who you are and what you want.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Do youse not get weirdos (and I mean annoying leery people, not like, sweet little old people sparking up a chat which is fine. Sometimes) speaking to you? I try everything I can to look as unapproachable as possible (for this reason I was very pro-mask lolol) but people still slip through the net. That’s the thing that puts me off doing stuff alone 😂 I’m getting solo fomo reading all your posts.
Sometimes, but not that often (think I have honed the unapproachable look). I will happily just ignore people though, or put earphones in.

This is what I model myself on

FNTkamrXoAIW6wG.jpg_large.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Learning to love my own company is the best thing to come from my adult years. duck everyone else, I have found my own peace and quiet, and it is bliss
This, so much. Plus, I have learned that my social battery isn't infinite, and once it does run out, I need some time to myself to recharge. It isn't scary to be on your own, actually, it can be soothing and peaceful and perhaps exactly what you need for a little while.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
City break alone is fun!

Dining alone can be quite daunting at first, but you soon get used to it and it feels great. If you feel nervous it can be good to dine at the hotel at first, as you have a quick escape route back to your room, plus the staff probably have seen you around during the day so they know you're alone and will chat to you if you encourage it, and won't keep asking if you're waiting for anyone. I like to take a book for while I'm waiting for my food to arrive - feels like a better way to spend my time than just scrolling through my phone, although I might do a bit of that too! Then when the food's there I fully concentrate on enjoying my meal and taking in the surroundings.

During the day there's lots to do, it really depends where you go and what interests you. Lots of big cities have hop-on hop-off bus passes, and that can be a really cheap and easy way to get your bearings.

Personally I like to research a place a bit before I go there, so I know if there's specific things I want to do. I loosely plan what day I'll do each thing - a tasting session of a local food or drink is always fun, and there's usually an interesting museum or some landmarks that I want to go and see. And sometimes I like to plan in a city tour or a go on whatever the interesting local transport is (tram/boat/cable car etc.).

Around that loose plan, I wander. Buy a map but only use it if I'm seriously lost. Pop in and out of shops, stop for drinks and cakes at little cafes, walk around parks and squares, just really get a feeling for the place.

The really great thing about travelling alone is immersing yourself in somewhere new while also spending the time on you. It's a really lovely simultaneous looking inward and outward.
1656195680872.png

I remember when lockdown first eased up a bit and we were allowed to actually sit outside rather than just exercise, I took full advantage and just lay alone in the middle of a field soaking up the sun (I have no outdoor space and was going nuts being constantly around RLF), some random bloke approached me and asked if he could sit with me MATE DO I LOOK LIKE I WANT COMPANY??! (Rather than telling him duck off I just said ‘oh I don’t think that’s allowed at the minute what with covid’ - so assertive ✅) I always get these creepy twats.

• Heart
Do you guys… have no friends? 😂
i had some tragic life things happen to me and I wanted to go on a holiday but my friends have children, husbands and jobs they couldn’t leave. So I decided to take a sabbatical and travel around the world for 10 months. Ended up loving it and went 19 😂. Made more friends who are solo also cute

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Isn't it fascinating that so many of us are quite content to be alone, yet we all love the JG, the most outgoing person on the planet?!

• Heart
  • Haha
City break alone is fun!

Are you me? A long lost twin? Yes to all of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Everyone is different!

I'm just a loner, I've always preferred my own company. I'm very happy as I am but that doesn't mean I don't envy outgoing people!
I envy outgoing people too!!

Im awful in new situations and tend to stay back until I’m comfortable… people often think I’m rude because I’m too shy and just don’t talk.

I’m not outgoing enough to even go anywhere on my own… if I go to Starbucks on my own I’ll recite what I’m going to ask for in the queue, the unknown scares the tit out of me.

• Heart
My drunk single arse did not have to read the finale of on hold but now im sad happy for two fictitious characters 😔 I love you @cornflower

• Heart
Isn't it fascinating that so many of us are quite content to be alone, yet we all love the JG, the most outgoing person on the planet?!
This is the bit of him I'd find irritating though. We'd never work out, so when he does come knocking on my door I'll need to let him down gently. He is the type of person that I find exhausting.

• Haha
  • Heart
I love our family holidays but the age gap between the kids was troublesome (too much bickering) last time out so I was looking forward to my middle aged ladies trip abroad I have recently been on, however, this time I just couldn’t be arsed with sharing a place with people I don’t live with full time. I am seriously thinking of booking a flight alone next year and chilling out with nobody else to think of. Pool and beach on my own not speaking for days sounds bliss.

• Heart
There's something to that whole concept of "opposites attract", methinks.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
He loves his thinky walks though 🥹

similar note to all the above: one of the main things I love about London is how I feel like I can be quite at ease alone there, compared to the small town I grew up in!

• Heart
100%. My reaction to Phil’s infractions tend to be: aww, oh dear…oh Phil. (Even the Iceland debacle. One article claimed they had gummy worms for snacks…gummy worms, I ask you!) He was launched into super stardom at age 18 and he’s still so very young. Having children doesn’t automatically make everyone mature. Not trying to make excuses for the guy, but it’s just…oh dear. :confused:

This is one of many reasons I travel alone! I just cannot cope with most humans.
I have a soft spot for flipper. He was a child when he started with first team. Obvs made some life changing decisions like having 2 kids at such a young age.
Him and Rebecca should just come to terms with their relationship and find a way to coparent. He should lawyer up and support her and the kids. He should just be a single footballer. And she should try to not be a Colleen and every other wag that has gone through this. Go to school, become something and be happier.

• Heart
This is the bit of him I'd find irritating though. We'd never work out, so when he does come knocking on my door I'll need to let him down gently. He is the type of person that I find exhausting.
Same to all of this.

But I would like to know the psychology behind why we are fascinated by him!

• Heart
I envy outgoing people too!!

Im awful in new situations and tend to stay back until I’m comfortable… people often think I’m rude because I’m too shy and just don’t talk.

I’m not outgoing enough to even go anywhere on my own… if I go to Starbucks on my own I’ll recite what I’m going to ask for in the queue, the unknown scares the tit out of me.
I'm going to sound like a patronising wanker here, but honestly so much of that stuff just comes with age. As you get older you will start to not give a duck about things that you used to agonise over, either just through becoming more self confident or because there will come a time that you just have to NOT care and get on with it.

My whole life I've been the shy, quiet (rude) one. You will be thrown into situations where you just have to deal with people and new things, and you'll realise that even if you say or do something silly, the world will keep turning and tomorrow is another day. No one is thinking about what you have said/done, except you.

Feel the fear and do it anyway, I believe is the phrase

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I had to go away for a week with work a few years ago and i absolutely hated it! The whole eating on my own was awful I had such anxiety over it! I love my own company from time to time but it has to be in my house where I can hide away. I’m such an over thinker over stuff like that it actually hurts haha

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'm going to sound like a patronising wanker here, but honestly so much of that stuff just comes with age. As you get older you will start to not give a duck about things that you used to agonsie over, either just through becoming more self confident or because there will come a time that you just have to NOT care and get on with it.

My whole life I've been the shy, quiet (rude) one. You will be thrown into situations where you just have to deal with people and new things, and you'll realise that even if you say or do something silly, the world will keep turning and tomorrow is another day. No one is thinking about what you have said/done, except you.

Feel the fear and do it anyway, I believe is the phrase
You been talking to Keano?! Put Susan Jeffers away please.

Couldn't love this post anymore. I wanted to say this but didn't know how to without sounding patronising. You put it perfectly ❤

• Heart
Just to add I have always enjoyed my own company, this is where I struggle having to be ‘on’ all the time with RLF and kids. Having to talk and listen when I enjoy silence too much. I definitely think although fit and hilarious I would be exhausted by Jack, I’m too shy and introverted so usually go even more into myself when I’m with full on people. Just one night Jack, that’s all I want 😉

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.