Jack Grealish #54 same xx

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would LOVE to go on holiday alone.

But Disney is my destination of choice, and I think the idea of going alone is better than the reality. Imagine the buzzkill of getting off a ride and being so excited to talk about it but there's no-one there!?

A City break or a cruise solo would be heavenly though.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 4

But Disney is my destination of choice, and I think the idea of going alone is better than the reality. Imagine the buzzkill of getting off a ride and being so excited to talk about it but there's no-one there!?

I'm sure there's a word for unaccompanied adults at Disney

City breaks alone are the best, I've not tried a sun holiday alone yet

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm sure there's a word for unaccompanied adults at Disney

City breaks alone are the best, I've not tried a sun holiday alone yet
Do we think unaccompanied adults get a holiday mate assigned to them at Disney?

City breaks alone definitely can be the best, no whining about being dragged around, or whether one really has to see this thing or that, and why not do this instead...

• Haha
Reactions: 1

I have just envisioned you (even though I have no idea what you look like) with Disney ears on, on space mountain with a frown looking at no one sat next to you.

It has just made me so unbelievably sad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I’d love to just bask on a beach alone for days and days but I’m curious.. what would you do alone on a city break? The idea of dining on my own actually makes me want to vomit, which is silly because I really admire people who can confidently do stuff by themselves (aka adults)

• Heart
  • Wow
I’d love to just bask on a beach alone for days and days but I’m curious.. what would you do alone on a city break? The idea of dining on my own actually makes me want to vomit, which is silly because I really admire people who can confidently do stuff by themselves (aka adults)
All the stuff you'd normally do on a city break....touristy things, sitting in cafes people watching, eating nice food. I live alone so its not much different to my normal life, just in a different place. I also prefer eating alone abroad to doing it in the UK

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I have just envisioned you (even though I have no idea what you look like) with Disney ears on, on space mountain with a frown looking at no one sat next to you, has made me so sad.
I potentially own more than 30 pairs of Disney ears, but I cannot confirm or deny this fact because I have never counted them.

@cornflower I dine by myself now! Will cheerfully do it if I'm away for work or just at a lose end. Have been to London and New York multiple times and always go off on my own exploring. When I say exploring I mean I pretend I live there

@wonderstruck25 I think I am an anti-social bastard. Have holidayed with RLF, with friends and with my mum. Would rather go alone.

• Haha
  • Heart
My last break alone was in Paris last autumn - I spent a couple of days there with friends, and then a few more exploring by myself. I saw the combined Picasso/Rodin exhibit, went on long walks via places I had not been before, took little detours, went shopping, observed the stars and planets (Venus, Saturn and Jupiter with moons) through a telescope that had been set up in the middle of a bridge smack in the middle of Paris... eating by oneself can be kinda lonesome, but also very relaxing.

• Heart
Do you guys… have no friends? 😂
I’m old, rounding up friends is hard. Babies, brokenness and busyness. (Edit: I mean brokeness. I am probably the ‘brokenness’ friend haha)

I also would just love to not have to speak to anyone I know for a few days as much as I love them

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
My last break alone was in Paris last autumn - I spent a couple of days there with friends, and then a few more exploring by myself. I saw the combined Picasso/Rodin exhibit, went on long walks via places I had not been before, took little detours, went shopping, observed the stars and planets (Venus, Saturn and Jupiter with moons) through a telescope that had been set up in the middle of a bridge smack in the middle of Paris... eating by oneself can be kinda lonesome, but also very relaxing.
This is the dream. I just know I’d be sat there thinking I’m Carrie Bradshaw. I think I’d maybe be ok with eating abroad. Here, I’d worry that some lout would come and try to speak to me, which defeats the object.

I like a nice coffee shop sesh alone though!

• Heart
This is the dream. I just know I’d be sat there thinking I’m Carrie Bradshaw. I think I’d maybe be ok with eating abroad. Here, I’d worry that some lout would come and try to speak to me, which defeats the object.

I like a nice coffee shop sesh alone though!
Any twats who think it's fine to come up to someone who is obviously happily sitting alone can duck right off.

• Heart
  • Wow
You guys are giving me a lot to think about… and a lot to (terrifyingly) look forward too.

I hate being alone, so I don’t see this being the case for me. I thrive in company and crumble on my own 😞

• Heart
Learning to love my own company is the best thing to come from my adult years. duck everyone else, I have found my own peace and quiet, and it is bliss

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Do youse not get weirdos (and I mean annoying leery people, not like, sweet little old people sparking up a chat which is fine. Sometimes) speaking to you? I try everything I can to look as unapproachable as possible (for this reason I was very pro-mask lolol) but people still slip through the net. That’s the thing that puts me off doing stuff alone 😂 I’m getting solo fomo reading all your posts.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.