Jack Grealish #25 not having any luck in front of goal, don’t worry us tattlers have plenty of holes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He had a sitter right front of us yesterday and he just couldn’t get on it. He’ll come good in the end but he’s never been known for his goals in all honesty.
Yes, this! He is obviously so desperate for a goal and while he has netted some brilliant goals, he's not a striker by any means!
He's a player that breaks up defences and makes opportunities. When you look at his statistics for passing and tackles, he's actually doing ok but people only seem to think that goals count.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
He's gone from being the big fish in a small pond, with a team built around him to mow needing to figure out where he fits and he is just one of many top players. It must must such a massive adjustment for him, I hope he isn't having his confidence knocked too much.

Reactions: 5
The idea that he's struggling for confidence is both frustrating and endearing. After the year he's had you'd be forgiven for expecting him to be on top of the world.

I guess a lot of what confidence is comes from within, though, and I think sometimes you can tell in interviews that he's not massively comfortable bigging himself up or talking about what his skills and strengths are. And Pep said he was surprised by his humility, too.

Really hope the club are working with him on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The idea that he's struggling for confidence is both frustrating and endearing. After the year he's had you'd be forgiven for expecting him to be on top of the world.

I guess a lot of what confidence is comes from within, though, and I think sometimes you can tell in interviews that he's not massively comfortable bigging himself up or talking about what his skills and strengths are. And Pep said he was surprised by his humility, too.

Really hope the club are working with him on it.
he's very confident socially, clearly a people person, and I think it's easy for people to mistake that for supreme self-confidence which is a bit different! I find it so so endearing how modest and self-deprecating he can be.

probably a complete act and I'm just a sucker for it 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 8
He knew when he signed at city he wouldn’t be top dog anymore tho. City is full of top dogs he has to share the limelight and the pitch. It’s what he wanted for himself to advance his career! He’s still settling in and finding his feet and where he fits into the team. If you see him in training he’s smiling ear to ear. Just needs time to settle in by next season hell be even better then he ever was at Villa 🤷🏻‍♀️✌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 9
He knew when he signed at city he wouldn’t be top dog anymore tho. City is full of top dogs he has to share the limelight and the pitch. It’s what he wanted for himself to advance his career! He’s still settling in and finding his feet and where he fits into the team. If you see him in training he’s smiling ear to ear. Just needs time to settle in by next season hell be even better then he ever was at Villa 🤷🏻‍♀️✌🏻
Jack in training is ultimate puppy Jack 💙💙 he’s never happier!

the look of love (any excuse to post this photo it’s a fave - the tip of nose freckle 🥺 also yes it is a look of LOVE and not just a blank expression, no one can tell me otherwise):

eta: I know it's an England photo but my point still stands 🤣

59771E72-0E8D-4AB1-953F-9D302BD18198.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
No wonder he looks at his happiest when at training or with his family, can you honestly imagine the convos when he gets home.

“Hi jack babes, our daughter Skye did her first poo outside and oh my god it wasn’t a runny one”

“What do you want to do now babes? shall we go get a festive burger at the drive thru? Or do you want to watch me open my £ 3000 advent calendar, you can even hold the phone so I can put it on my stories. Or shall we move books and do a story and then watch the YouTube live counter go up and see how many we can get my boring as duck channel?”

“No? Okay well you go play fifa and slide into some DMs and I’ll ask you again tomorrow.
Love you babes mwah”

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Jack in training is ultimate puppy Jack 💙💙 he’s never happier!

the look of love (any excuse to post this photo it’s a fave - the tip of nose freckle 🥺 also yes it is a look of LOVE and not just a blank expression, no one can tell me otherwise):

eta: I know it's an England photo but my point still stands 🤣

View attachment 919664
E231FA78-6FCC-4F3C-BEE7-B20C1F15435A.jpeg
DE541C2F-53BD-4162-99F1-F292DC78A765.jpeg
FCAA67E2-E212-40FB-B15D-B839248CB059.jpeg
CBBD5AA4-0712-4914-B171-140E2FCE3021.jpeg
2C29EBF1-EDAE-4CA4-997B-A8A70C15BB0B.jpeg

💙💙💙💙

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My interpretation of Jack and balls
620CF430-7C8C-4C60-93E4-9081453BEF9E.jpeg
FE9D67E2-A21B-488B-A86A-141F2C28474F.jpeg
E1154FC1-0E8B-4E47-867D-70368580E6FD.jpeg

i really hope he will score a goal or get MOTM soon, it would defo help him to feel a bit less pressure and boost his confidence up a bit❤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Reactions: 7
Not sure if anyone has said this before but a character from ted lasso (Jamie Tarrt) reminds me so much of jack. There is no way that they didn’t model (just looks) off of jack
I don’t think it’s been said here but it’s something I’ve definitely discussed with friends away from the forum as we’ve watched the series. Love the series btw!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.