Jack Edwards #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t listen to it, but what happened to the Wooden Spoon podcast? Could this not be revived?
I remember Jack saying that one of them (he didn’t say who but I think it’s Jade) wasn’t willing to do another series because of other commitments!

Reactions: 1
I had one of Jack's book videos on in the background earlier, and honestly he makes me lose my tit. He was reading the blurb of "American Dirt"; the blurb says it's set in Acapulco, and mentions drugs. Jack is like OMG what country is this??? American Dirt must be America??? Dude, Acapulco is in Mexico, and thinking about stereotypes it would probably be set in Mexico. And it wouldn't be that hard to check out beforehand, either. JESUS.

Reactions: 3
I had one of Jack's book videos on in the background earlier, and honestly he makes me lose my tit. He was reading the blurb of "American Dirt"; the blurb says it's set in Acapulco, and mentions drugs. Jack is like OMG what country is this??? American Dirt must be America??? Dude, Acapulco is in Mexico, and thinking about stereotypes it would probably be set in Mexico. And it wouldn't be that hard to check out beforehand, either. JESUS.
The fact that he bought American Dirt in the first place just shows how out of the loop he is about the biggest stories in publishing lmao. I think he’s been made aware of the controversy since though.

Reactions: 8
Every video is an AD.. which you can only see in the thumbnail in the corner…

• Wow
Reactions: 5
In his video on the job he said he was working for Penguin Random House? Maybes it’s on a contracted basis? I agree with your suspicion he’s doing RA work for Ali’s book.
A bit late to the party but do you remember where he said that?
It is just that he didn't state it in his LinkedIn profile. Maybe the author is under Penguin Random House and hide his as a freelancer. Either way, I am just surprised he didn't mention Penguin Random House in his profile since it is a major publishing house and it can up his profile a bit.

So he’s some house master as apart of Ali’s youtuber course… they’re really linking themselves together!
that would explain why he was in that zoom meeting with ali's team. idk why but I also think he is still his RA.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
that would explain why he was in that zoom meeting with ali's team. idk why but I also think he is still his RA.
This is embarrassing that he's being all secretive about it on Linkedin, considering that's literally supposed to be where you brag about your work.

• Haha
It is just that he didn't state it in his LinkedIn profile. Maybe the author is under Penguin Random House and hide his as a freelancer. Either way, I am just surprised he didn't mention Penguin Random House in his profile since it is a major publishing house and it can up his profile a bit.

Very very nit picky but surely it should say ‘Self-Help Book TBA’ not TBC

Ali: how much is my time worth? what can i outsource to people whose time isn't worth as much?
Jack: 👁👄👁

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Hi! Thank you for asking cause now I'm not sure if I am right. Looking back at the videos and I can't find out where. I swear it was originally in the day in the life video he did in March, or the Q&A the video prior. But now I don't know. Back in the first thread there was an idea maybe he was working for Vee who has a contract with Penguin so maybe that's where I got the idea from? Gah I'm sorry If I've completely misremembered or made it up somehow. 😬

It is weird if he is with them, even in a freelance role working on Ali's book (or Vee's), to not mention it.

This might be a weird take and I get that Lucy moon and Jack have an online friendship but it's weird that jack is so up and coming and lucy and hannah are like pretty old school YT, and was weird when Lucy said about Hannah inviting herself along like two worlds colliding and like trying to be relevant again... anyone else or just me lol

Can people just reassure me that I’m not going mad 😂 Jack has done Ink Outside the Box before right? Why is the Instagram page for it new and he’s acting like he’s never done it before? I thought he would have said whatever’s planned is a sequel or something 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Can people just reassure me that I’m not going mad 😂 Jack has done Ink Outside the Box before right? Why is the Instagram page for it new and he’s acting like he’s never done it before? I thought he would have said whatever’s planned is a sequel or something 😂
I don't remember, sorry!

But oh my god I hate the 'follow this account but I wont tell you what its about yet' stuff that influencers do. Lucy Moon has one at the moment too. Plus the vague bs that is Moon Water from Estee.

Reactions: 2
Yep, he's had 2 academic planners and a yearly one. Then there was plannergate 2020, where loads of the planners got printed in the wrong order so he took ages to send them and didn't keep anyone updated and people got mad LOL

Reactions: 8
Another video, another AD squished into the corner of the thumbnail

Didn’t realise Jack had a thread, I’m here from Ruby’s… I find his book content to be quite enjoyable, he seems genuinely passionate about literature and I like the way he approaches his videos compared to other bookish YT people, although I’m here to read 👀

Reactions: 5
Oh, look, another AD! I'd actually be embarrassed if I were him tbh; every video he puts out is an AD, nice to see he's still creating content because he loves books and not because he's sold out to every company out there.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.