Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lola123

VIP Member
We need to normalise putting pressure on YouTubers and influencers who are continually hawking shit to us that we don’t want or need, all to line their greedy little pockets because they are too lazy to graft and work for a living.
If that means questioning their sexuality than so be it. You’re in the limelight now sweaty, deal with it!
I mean I agree we need to apply pressure on their morals of selling etc but their sexuality isn’t fair, like in any other job would it be relevant? Absolutely not. Pressure them about AD declaration, pressure them about engagement and accountability but there’s a line. No one should be forced to talk about their sexuality before they’re ready

• Haha
Reactions: 38

kit kat

Just thinking about the person that said he was attractive…. Is everything okay at home?

A83B6B0F-0C3E-4F9E-921B-E73796646EA1.jpeg

• Haha

hem1997

Does it annoy anyone else when he makes jokes about his bank balance being low? He said in his Kylie Jenner video from today that his bank balance is like the numbers on the Squid Game uniforms (3 digits). We all know he's not actually living in poverty and it's honestly insulting for him to cosplay as poor when most people couldn't just up and move to Paris on a whim (not to mention have designer clothing, buy tons of books, etc.). I guess it's part of his quirky, relatable, "I hate capitalism" act but it's exactly that: an act. I know it's probably meant as sarcasm and I actually like Jack most of the time, but it's insulting when so many people are struggling to make ends meet.

• Heart
i don't follow him on social media, just on YouTube so cant comment on what he posts there. as usual, i still cant believe he has a girlfriend
If you're talking about his sexuality I've got to say I quite admire that he doesn't feel the need to conform to more stereotypically masculine behaviour. I know a couple of straight guys with more feminine mannerisms and it tends to be that they weren't exposed to that much toxic masculinity growing up and don't feel pressured to conform to acting in a certain way.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
If y'all want to follow jack on his author's journey

Sneak preview of future updates:

"After three months, I finally settled on a name for my protagonist: Jack Hedwards. Chef's kiss."

"Six month update: The book is called 'Jack to the Future' and is about a disillusioned graduate from fictional Burham University who travels back in time to right all the wrongs that caused him to be unfairly rejected from Oxford University. We love an underdog story."

"Fifteenth rejection from publishers. Apparently twelve puns per sentence is too many. They said it was especially inappropriate during the funeral scene. I said I was just trying to put the fun in funeral. They've stopped responding to my emails."

"Does anyone have any book ideas I can borrow? Asking for a friend."

• Haha
  • Wow

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220307-225900_Chrome.jpg

Translation: "I Googled the shit out of Emily in Paris locations and intentionally travelled to this spot for lunch, but I learned how to post fake ✨casual magic✨ bullshit from Jade."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
CleanShot 2022-04-02 at 08.51.41@2x.png

16/17 of his latest videos have been ADs... Also, it should be illegal to make the text the same colour as the background, and in a stupidly small size.

• Wow
Reactions: 32

urfavepisces

Chatty Member
I love the analogy he used “fitting a round peg in a square hole” yes Jack you’re gay!! Eureka!!!
Can we not assume someone’s sexuality? From what I saw, Jack never claimed to be straight and bi/pan people exist :) And even if he said it and it’s not the case, he might not have figured it out yet at the time or felt comfortable to publicly come out.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Lol, I find that so funny.

Jack: I AM A WRITER.
What do you write?
Jack: nothing
Then how are you a writer?
Jack: THAT IS MY IDENTITY. *mumbles something about Paris*
Interviewer: "So what did you like about this book you recently read?"
Jack: "The better question is what didn't I love about this book? This book is like your grandma coming over with biscuits and a birthday card with £20 in it. The author is a majestic creature and a true, bona fide genius. Put me in a huge cardboard box, advertise my oscillating features and sell me in the summer, because I am a really big fan. If this were South Park, I'd be Stan Marsh, because I'm Stanning for this book."
Interviewer: "But...what's the book actually about?"
Jack: "As you can see from the cover blurb, this book is about people. People and places. And ultimately, that's all life is. This author is like an enthusiastic cardio surgeon, because they really cut to the heart of the human condition. We love a good book."
Interviewer: "Right, but what actually happens in it?"
Jack: "Well, I don't want to spoil anything. You can check out my 5th YouTube channel for a 1 sentence review of it later this year though."
Interview: "And I believe you're writing your own book?"
Jack: "Absolutely. I'm Jeffrey Write. I'm Edgar Write. Call me the Write Brothers, because I'm flying into the sky of authordom in a plane I built with words. ...Did I tell you I got rejected from Oxford?"
Interviewer: "You don't say..."

• Haha
  • Heart

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Uo[n9658668.jpg

"I've always love all those Star Wars and definitely didn't suddenly start talking about it for the first time in my life because I'm being paid to! You might say I'm a Star *Whore* for Star Wars. Ba-dum-tssh. But I love all the characters and all the events that happen in the show I definitely watched! Lukas Skywanderer, R3-DPO, Captain Kirk, Okey-Dokey-Kenokie, Mark Vader - they're all great! I'd definitely give The Book of Boba Fett 5/5 on Goodreads!"

• Haha

RJF

VIP Member
Why do people like Jack find it such a novelty when working class people have to do work in their vicinity?

Such weird main character energy, as if these people are the support cast who are only there to irritate and/or humour the ‘star’ 🙄

CB96-E07-F-7955-409-E-8-E47-B8-B04-DE464-DD.png

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 29

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Library User - 'Hi, I was wondering if you could point me towards 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'?...'
JE the Librarian - 'MOOD, I love that movie, Brad Pitt is such goals. I guess you could say... I've fallen down that PITT' *clicks and points at Library User, expectant smile on face as they figure out his hilarious pun*
Library User - 'Um... what?'
JE the Librarian - 'It's got such good ReverseAgingCore vibes.'
Library User - 'I-... I'll go and speak to another librarian now, I think.....'
Jack the Librarian waits until Library User has gone, then turns to the camera.

Jack the Librarian: "Well, that happened...

...Did I mention I read 164 books last year? Yes, while some were out there living lives, I was living vicariously through fictional wives. Get yourself a guy who can do both.

164 books. Some were bangers, some were clangers. Some were top tier, some brought me to tears. But let me tell you all about those creme de la creme, primo-dreamo, would-definitely-swipe-right-on-them nuevo classics that you all have to read."

The library manager walks by and eyes Jack with confusion.

Library Manager: "...Who are you talking to?"

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29

qwikti

Chatty Member
Exactly. One of my neighbours owns a mark 2 jaguar that looks just like Inspector Morse's car. I always admire it when I walk past. In Jack's world, that makes me a mechanic.

The irony is, he wouldn't last five minutes as a librarian because he would be too busy arguing with the populace that they knew nothing and he was far superior to them.

Library User - 'Hi, I was wondering if you could point me towards 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button'?...'
JE the Librarian - 'MOOD, I love that movie, Brad Pitt is such goals. I guess you could say... I've fallen down that PITT' *clicks and points at Library User, expectant smile on face as they figure out his hilarious pun*
Library User - 'Um... what?'
JE the Librarian - 'It's got such good ReverseAgingCore vibes.'
Library User - 'I-... I'll go and speak to another librarian now, I think.....'

• Haha
Reactions: 28

roy

I try to be tolerant, but Why is he taking the p*** out of people trying to do their jobs? It’s a bit concerning he is taking photos of random people without their consent and plastering it all over social media. Just shows a lack of respect and consideration. Working for a living - he should try it one day!

Reactions: 28

Bennycs

Chatty Member
This might just be me, but I'm really sick of seeing posh and better off people debating working class issues. These people have no idea what it's like to truly struggle, yet here Jack is appearing on a right-wing channel for bigots like he's the hero we all need.

No, Jack. We don't need you to fight our corner. We need more voices from the people who actually have these struggles, not some posh YouTube personality who's only struggle currently is choosing terrible puns for your videos and the best angle to take a selfie with a croissant and book.

On another note, I saw one of his tiktoks earlier and it was him showing what his favourite book of 2021 was. The caption read 'my favourite book, and I've read 164 of them!' Oh piss off, Tory boy.

• Heart
Reactions: 26

MarthaBartha

Surprised he didn't mention having a degree in English lit this time 😂
I Went to Durham Uni Half a Decade Ago and Can’t Let It Go (and Other Stories)

Dedication: To Harry S (you know who you are) for your lyrics, your style and keeping me in content all these years xXxXx
Chapter 1: Rejected by Oxford (Part I)
Chapter 2: I Went to Durham Uni
Chapter 3: I Studied English Lit at Durham Uni
Chapter 4: Uni-verse and Studying at Durham Uni
Chapter 5: Snorting Coke off of the Students’ Union toilets at Durham Uni
Chapter 6: The tsss *giggle* years
Chapter 7: Rejected by Oxford for my Masters after Graduating Durham University
Chapter 8: Finding a Ghost Writer

• Haha
Reactions: 25

duskwithoutdawn

Chatty Member
Does it annoy anyone else when he makes jokes about his bank balance being low? He said in his Kylie Jenner video from today that his bank balance is like the numbers on the Squid Game uniforms (3 digits). We all know he's not actually living in poverty and it's honestly insulting for him to cosplay as poor when most people couldn't just up and move to Paris on a whim (not to mention have designer clothing, buy tons of books, etc.). I guess it's part of his quirky, relatable, "I hate capitalism" act but it's exactly that: an act. I know it's probably meant as sarcasm and I actually like Jack most of the time, but it's insulting when so many people are struggling to make ends meet.
Jack is the kind of person you meet at uni who always goes on about being "broke" while they have an upper-middle class family at home who would be able to send him money if he needed it, what they really mean is they've spent their student loan for that month, not all of their savings and any other income they might have. He can still pay for his phone bill, rent, wifi, living costs etc, he just wants to appear more "relatable" to his younger audience who are still in high school or at uni :rolleyes: It's so irritating to see people (not just Jack) put on this act.

gossip_guy

VIP Member
Untit5454d23564768556.jpg

Untit5454d27863564-=768556.jpg

👀

Not sure you want to be calling attention to the shittyness of charging inflated prices for a cheap and insubstantial product, Jack.

• Haha
  • Wow