Jack Edwards #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
People who arrange their bookshelves by colour should be taken out and whipped.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m guessing I’m in the minority here but I really don’t get the hype over his hands like???? Not to hand shame (??) but his fingers are too short and dis-proportionate for my liking I just don’t get it 😭

ps I can’t believe I am posting an in-depth criticism of someone’s hands but here we are
i can't believe ppl look at ppls hands and thirst

• Haha
Reactions: 8
People who arrange their bookshelves by colour should be taken out and whipped.
Ikr, this is actively the worst thing about Jack. What a horrible way to organise your shelf. How do you even find anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Steve got a question about "the demon smurf of booktube". Love it. The question starts at 26:00.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
His newsletter is out.

He spends more time reminding everyone that he lives in Paris than talking about whatever collection of pretentious drivel he's shitting out.

It's also full of egotistical, self-congratulatory bullshit.

Jack equates himself with Phoebe Waller-Bridge and the unnamed artist of some Parisian painting he apparently found in his apartment in France. Did he mention that he lives in France already? Well, several hundred more times per day won't hurt.

He talks about his barely-written novel as though it's some mythic future work of genius and it comes off like he's trying desperately to write the kind of New Yorker profile you'd see focused on elusive authors and legendary actors. Only, y'know, he's writing it about himself and hasn't actually produced anything of merit ever. To try to capture that tone, he's ditched the puns in favour of just a bunch of muddled metaphors, because he's a literary professional now (in his mind, at least).

He talks about his novel being released as an absolute certainty. I'm all for optimism, but there's a fine line between that and entitlement, and Jack's several hundred miles over it (in Paris, didn't you know?).

He refuses to even share a basic premise or genre, but given how self-absorbed he is, it'll undoubtedly be some faux-literary wankfest about a directionless graduate "finding himself" in Paris while making bad puns.

Inspiring confidence, he mentions that he doesn't even know who the protagonist/s should be. Always a good start.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
jack is like ruby in the sense that they both put aesthetics over content and it's just so embarrassing. used to love his videos back in 2019/early 2020 but ever since he moved to London (and now PARIS of course) he's become so unbelievably annoying. I can't even bring myself to click on his videos anymore because the last ones I watched were basically all the same...

Reactions: 13
Mr I don't really read YA, has interviewed Karen McManus despite seemingly never reading her book. Plenty of other book reviewers are massive fans of her work, why not give them a chance!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Steve got a question about "the demon smurf of booktube". Love it. The question starts at 26:00.

Did he just call Jack handsome? Oof, big no from me Steve.
But seriously I just love this man, he literaly gives zero duck and will say what he wants, I hope none of Jack's fans are going to come for his head.

Reactions: 6
Mr I don't really read YA, has interviewed Karen McManus despite seemingly never reading her book. Plenty of other book reviewers are massive fans of her work, why not give them a chance!
Meanwhile, Ruby has been desperately pretending to read Karen's books lately (mostly to steal ideas for her own YA book) and then sees her manager give Jack the interview instead.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

I absolutely love Steve. I have a real respect for his no nonsense honesty in everything he talks about and he has genuine passion for reading.

This has made him love him even more 🤣

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.