J. K. Rowling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If our body parts dont define our sex/gender why do they have the surgery? I'll probably be jumped on but I think wanting to mutilate your body to resemble the opposite sex is some sort of serious mental health issue.
Ha! Really good point. If you have a vagina, you are a woman. If you have a penis, you are a man. End of.

Reactions: 16
I opened twitter this morning and saw all this. I found it very confusing, people seeming to twist her words. Those jumping on the cancel culture bandwagon screaming TERF and abuse at JKR and the few people asking it to be explained being shouted away.

For all the good most of it does, the LGBTQ community can be toxic. Just search the anti bisexual movement being pushed by some of them.

I’d like to add that I have no issue whatsoever with people who choose to transition, I think it’s very brave. But,I think that some of them live in a bit of a bubble and don’t realise the world hasn’t quite caught up yet? It totally should catch up of course, but Rome wasn’t built in a day, this isn’t an issue that has been around for centuries. Education is a better route to lasting change than screaming your head off whenever someone disagrees with you, much like people’s attitudes to Veganism it just breeds resentment. A relative of mine showed me some stuff she came across on Tumblr Trans communities and some of it was literally like “don’t get how people can be cis, grow up”.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Couldn’t give a rats ass what her opinion is, couldn’t give a rats ass if you believe you’re male or female, or if she does.

But I feel like JK is no different to katie hopkins.
tweets tit for attention and drama. god forbid a pandemic and protests are taking the attention away from this bint.

ugly woman with an ugly personality who’s gone out of her way to offend, for duck all reason.
he tweets don’t open a conversation, the offend. That’s it.

I thought primark destroyed the Harry Potter franchise but the author is doing it all by herself.

Reactions: 13
I shared this before on the other gender thread but this subreddit is great:

1591556479397.png

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Yep. I was going to like Jo's tweet but worried that anyone that saw it, even people I know, would go after me publicly. How fucked up is that? Men still managing to silence women and speak about their rights by transitioning to a woman (some not even fully transitioning but thinking they can talk for us). Bog off. I know not all M to F are like this but it seems MANY are.
Also scared to like any of JKs tweets because of work and have these conversations with colleagues, have also wondered if my views are archaic (no - they are not). I’m so glad that the majority of people here are in agreement. Twitter is a vastly different place.

Reactions: 15
Surely if your not being transphobic & neither is JK then why be scared to be public with your views.
if you choose to hide your feelings when not on an anonymous forum, maybe you should think about the other point of view

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
What irks me is that quite rightly western society is being more open to speaking about mental illness and being open about personal struggles and having mental health battles. However the moment you suggest trans kids/people who want to mutilate their bodies are mentally ill you're called transphobic!

The goal posts are constantly moving to fit entitled men.

I also find it quite ridiculous that a man has to tell me that other men are women just because they don't have the same anatomy and have never walked in the shoes of a biological woman.
Owen Jones is a little snake for this

Surely if your not being transphobic & neither is JK then why be scared to be public with your views.
if you choose to hide your feelings when not on an anonymous forum, maybe you should think about the other point of view
Because the world is run by men

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Because those who have ‘gone public’ with their views have been hung, drawn and quartered. People have lost jobs for simply stating biological sex is real and that is not ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
it just makes no sense why,
with everything going on right now, and so many people hurting, she felt it necessary to drag this argument/conversation onto a public platform, with such a large audience, is there not enough going on right now.

as the author of the most successful series for young adults/kids,
it’s inciting hate. Regardless of where you stand on the topic.

what does she gain from doing it,
my issue isn’t even with the conversation it’s with her, and her desire to be in the public eye for controversy.

Katie Hopkins 2.0
She is one of the dementors she writes about, life sucking.

Reactions: 4
There’s always something ‘going on’ in the world when it comes to women wanting to talk about women’s issues - and trust me women have been trying to talk about this for years now. Nothing she has said is hateful and comparing her to Katie Hopkins the professional troll is completely laughable.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
There’s always something ‘going on’ in the world when it comes to women wanting to talk about women’s issues. Nothing she has said is hateful.
bull tit. (No hate 😂🤣)
We’re in a pandemic with protests happening world wide right now.
she wrote a frigging series about Voldemort, not fitting in, bullying, seclusion and seems to miss the whole bleeping point of her own series when she opens up twitter.

before it became a primark range that is

Reactions: 1
bull tit. (No hate 😂🤣)
We’re in a pandemic with protests happening world wide right now.
she wrote a frigging series about Voldemort and seemed to miss the whole bleeping point of her own series.

before it became a primark range.
Ok you have your view I have mine🤷🏻‍♀️

it just makes no sense why,
with everything going on right now, and so many people hurting, she felt it necessary to drag this argument/conversation onto a public platform, with such a large audience, is there not enough going on right now.

as the author of the most successful series for young adults/kids,
it’s inciting hate. Regardless of where you stand on the topic.

what does she gain from doing it,
my issue isn’t even with the conversation it’s with her, and her desire to be in the public eye for controversy.

Katie Hopkins 2.0
She is one of the dementors she writes about, life sucking.
She's an intelligent Woman & knows exactly what she's doing with her posts.
If she truely isnt transphobic wouldnt she have quit all the posts she does. Knowing how much hurt the transgender community are feeling

Reactions: 2
you only have to look under her twitter posts to see numerous responses from transgender people who feel hurt.
But what has she actually said, where is the hateful/hurtful part? I can’t see anything hateful. Seen lots of people wanting to physically hurt her for her comments though.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
In my old place of work there were several men who appropriated as woman....wigs, viable badly fitting bras, long ridiculous skirts....it's literally taking the piss out of women

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Personally I think JK knew what she was doing with Harry Potter- she franchised the tit out of it and a bi-product of that was the huge communities of HP fans that created loads of inclusive safe spaces. Jk capitalised from these people by throwing out tidbits to fit the narrative of the fans. Dumbledore was gay etc. If JK fully intended on a fully inclusive and representative book she would have included this in the book she wrote- not the twitter side show. The facts remain that in her books there are no openly gay characters, there are few characters who aren’t white and the ones that are from other countries or cultures are heavily stereotyped, no characters with disabilities, no one who is gender fluid- the list goes on. Jk isn’t the hero - she just fed fans what they wanted.
I really feel for her fans who are struggling with their gender identity right now- having someone they look up to invalidate them must be awful 😞

• Haha
Apparently I hurt the trans community by saying men don't have periods.

I saw snippets from an underground weird, fetish website where cross dressing men and trans pop a tampon up their bum to see how it feels to be on your period. I kid you not.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.