J. K. Rowling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of the things that upsets me the most is I am supposed to blindly accept and welcome with open arms being called "cis" but if you dare suggest to say anything other than what the trans lobby want you to say you are phobic and vile.

How does that work?
I refuse to acknowledge that CIS stuff either and the current attack dogs use TERF against anyone who won't fall in line. I guess they think that they can scare us all into submission.

I'm also fed up with a general form of abuse to middle aged women 'Karen' because middle aged women aren't allowed to have opinions due to their irrelevance 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Very true. Are they really concerned about such issues as women losing their jobs due to having children or finding that Male colleagues are likely to be promoted over them and paid more for doing the same jobs? My guess is that they don't give a monkey's about those issues.
Many only seem to want to dress up like some old fashioned idea that women have to look ultra feminine like a throwback to the 1950s.😁

Didn't know that about Kelly 😦
Of course not. Theyve spent all their childhood, 20's, 30's and 40's afforded all the priveleges of being male while at school, building up careers, having children and going out at night. Its only when they are middle aged with a chip.on their shoulders that they decide to be women.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I always thought I was a trans ally but the last few years have left me frequently disturbed, distressed and confused.

I wonder how we ended up here too. Where is the massive surge of power behind this movement coming from and why?
Literally same. 3-5 years ago I’d have said “sure they can be who they want let them wear dresses and get surgery if that makes them happy” I wasn’t even aware of the so called ‘suicide stats’ that they like to band about now I literally thought these people were just trying to live their lives. I never considered whether they were ‘real’ women or not but was happy to call them by what ever name and pronoun they wished. Even that isn’t enough for them now they want everything that’s ours they even want to rebrand us as ‘cis’ I won’t have it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I refuse to acknowledge that CIS stuff either and the current attack dogs use TERF against anyone who won't fall in line. I guess they think that they can scare us all into submission.

I'm also fed up with a general form of abuse to middle aged women 'Karen' because middle aged women aren't allowed to have opinions due to their irrelevance 🙄
I find the whole "Karen" thing seriously nasty. I don't understand how it has been allowed to become such a huge thing when it's one of the worst examples of psychological bullying I can recall.

When the BBC appeared to encourage it on one of their platforms the other week I was horrified.

The general state of things has me very bewildered most of the time, feeling like everything I was rasied to believe and how to behave is suddenly wrong and I'm trash for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
The term Karen has gotten seriously out of hand. It’s now used against any woman who’s has an opinion people disagree with. I mean that’s how I knew the use of this word would end up anyway because it’s not the first time an insult aimed at women has taken off like this. It’s funny how there’s no male equivalent. Don’t see many men getting called ‘a karen’.

New thread https://tattle.life/threads/j-k-rowling-2-jk-and-the-chamber-of-mysogyny.7733/unread

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.