J. K. Rowling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is quite a divide in the gay community about trans people. The thing I object to is that under current law any man can say that he identifies as a woman, and demand to be allowed in women only spaces. How can that be right?

Women only spaces are there to protect women from the potential threat of male sexual violence in circumstances where they might feel vulnerable. Being partly clothed in a changing room for example, or in locker room showers. How many women on here feel comfortable with 100% biological males (because that’s what some of them are) in those conditions?

• Heart
Reactions: 52
You can call yourself whatever you like, I don’t care. But you can’t argue with biology. If you have a penis then you are not a woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I think a major part of the issue surrounding the trans rights debate - in terms of which bathroom they are allowed to use and sports to compete in etc. - is that the societal system of understanding has only just really started to accept the existence and validity of trans identities.

So you can transition, and change gender identity legally etc. But the more everyday aspects of it, none of it has been worked out to create a set of rules deciding what is allowed in terms of sport participation, bathroom use etc.

And until that actually happens and creates a set of rules that people can all refer to and say this is what is allowed and how it's all going to work etc.

So for example you'd need a rule that decides whether a MTF person can use a female bathroom, at what point does that become allowable, is it just at the point of legally identifying as female or when the penis comes off or what.

Until this happens on a legal basis to force a standard hopefully acceptable to the majority, and society gets the time to get used to a consistent behaviour then we will continue to have the debate on things like bathroom rights and such.

Reactions: 6
I think her comments are massively overblown and she is being attacked for them. It’s not doing the LBGTQ+ community any favours. But then, crazy activists in any community don’t do a community any favours.

There are a lot of awful people in this word spewing hatred online and I agree they should be challenged. She just isn’t really one of them. I don’t get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Jonanne, keep writing books about wizards and goblins etc. Keep your nose out of real life. Cheers love. x

• Angry
Reactions: 3
She is awfully focused on what genitals people have in their pants and what people choose to identify as. She loves to victimise herself the moment trans people choose to challenge her. I've had trans friends who were big supporters of her feel utterly invalidated and isolated by her words. She's a TERF. Simple as.
See, I see things as the other way around. TRAs constantly scream about genitals. They demand to know if a straight woman is only attracted to a penis, or a lesbian only attracted to a vagina. Genitals are not the only part of the make up of someone's sex. Your entire physical makeup is what makes you a woman or a man, not liking makeup or high heels or any of that other superficial bullshit. Trans people are the ultimate "victims" screaming yet again that everyone wants them dead, calling women disgusting vulgar names. The aggression you see them spout towards women (never men) is appalling. As soon as someone challenges a TRA, THEY victimise THEMSELVES. Nobody wants them dead, just not everyone wants to go along with their delusions and for some reason they think they're the same thing.

I also don't get the term TERF because believing some men are just as much women as biological women is faaaar more radical then believing the opposite.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
See, I see things as the other way around. TRAs constantly scream about genitals. They demand to know if a straight woman is only attracted to a penis, or a lesbian only attracted to a vagina. Genitals are not the only part of the make up of someone's sex. Your entire physical makeup is what makes you a woman or a man, not liking makeup or high heels or any of that other superficial bullshit. Trans people are the ultimate "victims" screaming yet again that everyone wants them dead, calling women disgusting vulgar names. The aggression you see them spout towards women (never men) is appalling. As soon as someone challenges a TRA, THEY victimise THEMSELVES. Nobody wants them dead, just not everyone wants to go along with their delusions and for some reason they think they're the same thing.

I also don't get the term TERF because believing some men are just as much women as biological women is faaaar more radical then believing the opposite.
The trans sense of entitlement really reminds me of er...male entitlement actually. Entitled to women’s spaces and women’s bodies.

duck off with that tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
The trans sense of entitlement really reminds me of er...male entitlement actually. Entitled to women’s spaces and women’s bodies.

duck off with that tit.
Spot on, you hit the nail on the head. You never see this aggression and entitlement from FTMs, only MTFs.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

duck off with that tit.
Yep, I hate it. Sorry but they know nothing of the problems women struggle with.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I’m a lesbian and I have no issues whatsoever with trans people. I do however have issues with men who still have penises and have no intention of undergoing genital surgery but still identify as women. Some insist that they should be allowed into women only spaces such as changing rooms and public toilets, and that if they go to prison they should go to a women’s prison. Several self-identified trans women have sexually assaulted or raped women prisoners whilst in jail.

They also believe that lesbians who won’t sleep with them are transphobic and have attacked and harassed women who don‘t agree with them.

These are the types that JK Rowling has issues with.
I couldn't have put it better myself

Reactions: 12
Yep, I hate it. Sorry but they know nothing of the problems women struggle with.
To me it's just as absurd as a white person identifying as a black person and claiming to know the struggles that black people experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You can call yourself whatever you like, I don’t care. But you can’t argue with biology. If you have a penis then you are not a woman.
And they certainly don’t get periods or anything close to it no matter how many hormones they take.

Honestly don’t see what she said wrong. It’s true only biological women get periods, it annoys me that people are suddenly skirting around the word women when it concerns WOMENS issues and suddenly facts are transphobic now? Ridiculous world.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I take issue with the media and the trans push saying trans women are the most vulnerable and such victims of violence. Yes they have a crappy time but this isn't men on women violence it is men on men violence.

Yet again women are forgotten about.

Amnesty international can duck right off. They have constant campaigns regarding trans women not going to all female prisons. So biological men should be allowed in female prisons where the majority of inmates are the victim of abuse and sexual assault by men and their penises!!!
Just duck off
Women are being silenced yet again.
The problem is lots of men won't help the fight until sadly it effects their daughters or wives.
Even women have called me transphobic and put men's rights before women's rights.
It's retrograde

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I take issue with the media and the trans push saying trans women are the most vulnerable and such victims of violence. Yes they have a crappy time but this isn't men on women violence it is men on men violence.

Yet again women are forgotten about.

Amnesty international can duck right off. They have constant campaigns regarding trans women not going to all female prisons. So biological men should be allowed in female prisons where the majority of inmates are the victim of abuse and sexual assault by men and their penises!!!
Just duck off
Women are being silenced yet again.
The problem is lots of men won't help the fight until sadly it effects their daughters or wives.
Even women have called me transphobic and put men's rights before women's rights.
It's retrograde
Everyone I know seems to take this extreme stance with trans people and that Jk is a monster. Makes me wonder if I am an awful person as I disagree with so much of it. Lol.

• Heart
Everyone I know seems to take this extreme stance with trans people and that Jk is a monster. Makes me wonder if I am an awful person as I disagree with so much of it. Lol.
This is how I feel, too. Everyone I know seems to think she is the devil. This thread has made me feel immeasurably better.

• Heart
We are being silenced. It's scary. I have a couple of friends who debate and all agree the men pushing trans rights is ridiculous.
I would never express my views in public or at work. I would be suspended and sacked. I work at Oxbridge (too scared to say which one) and the training I was given....if a person aka man identifies as a woman they can use our spaces ie toilets/showers

So where are my rights and dignity?
Lots of these facilities have now become unisex just to appease a few men who think they are women.

lots of funding has been stopped for research into gender dysphoria and those regretting transitioning

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
We are being silenced. It's scary. I have a couple of friends who debate and all agree the men pushing trans rights is ridiculous.
I would never express my views in public or at work. I would be suspended and sacked. I work at Oxbridge (too scared to say which one) and the training I was given....if a person aka man identifies as a woman they can use our spaces ie toilets/showers

So where are my rights and dignity?
Lots of these facilities have now become unisex just to appease a few men who think they are women.

lots of funding has been stopped for research into gender dysphoria and those regretting transitioning
Yep. I was going to like Jo's tweet but worried that anyone that saw it, even people I know, would go after me publicly. How fucked up is that? Men still managing to silence women and speak about their rights by transitioning to a woman (some not even fully transitioning but thinking they can talk for us). Bog off. I know not all M to F are like this but it seems MANY are.

• Heart
If our body parts dont define our sex/gender why do they have the surgery? I'll probably be jumped on but I think wanting to mutilate your body to resemble the opposite sex is some sort of serious mental health issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.