J. K. Rowling #2 JK and the Chamber of Mysogyny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please can you tell us exactly what is transphobic, and why?

I would love to politely discuss this topic with someone who holds a different viewpoint, but so far you just all come onto the thread to say we’re transphobic then disappear completely.
They can't answer because most of them just parrot the usual 'trans women are women' phrase and can't see beyond that. There are loads of girls just agreeing to fit in with their social groups without giving it any further consideration.

Reactions: 13
Ugh I hate the performative social media postings. I keep seeing the one that’s like ‘if your feminism doesn’t include trans women it’s not feminism.’ Nah, if your feminism doesn’t centre biological women, it’s not feminism. Absolute pet peeve.
Oh I absolutely hate that saying! Also last week (I think) was world breastfeeding week and someone on my Facebook insisted on calling it ‘chest feeding’ like, duck off? Its breastfeeding end of. Pisses me off to no end.

What an interesting article...effectively saying that transgender athletes who were born male, but who compete in female events, have residual testosterone physical advantages, which means women born as women are unlikely to ever be able to beat them!!

How awful, and how unfair!
Been pointing out for ages how unfair transwomen competing in female sports is... never had a response from any trans supporters though they all go VERY quiet when it comes to sports because they know deep down it’s grossly unfair and wrong. Literally the only ones I see advocating for it are trans women them selves.

It's a bleeping sewer.
That’ll tell us🙄

Please at least contribute something useful to the discussion. Thoughts on biological men competing in women’s sports? Or biological men in women’s refuges? Anything? Anything at all that’s not just “YoUr TrAnSpHoBiC” followed by a huge tumbleweed, because it’s incredibly boring hearing the same ‘insults’ from you people, there’s just no substance to it 🥱

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I'd much rather be a ~ transphobe than a woman hater. Any day of the week. Take your men's rights activism far away from me please and thanks.

Re the sport thing - imagine being a biological man and genuinely feeling like you're a top athlete because you've beaten people who are biologically disadvantaged compared to you lmao. Honestly. It's pathetic and embarrassing that these people even want to take part in women's sport.

Reactions: 22
So....Usain Bolt decides that he's trans, and become Usaina. Has the hormone therapy, the op, changes his name legally, and is now only to be referred to as a woman.

He/She/They then enters all the women's 100m sprint. The women's WR was set in 1988, never been broken since at 10.49s, the men's WR was set in 2009 by Usain Bolt at 9.58s.

Is it realistic that when Usaina Bolt absolutely annihilates the 1988 Women's WR, that people just shrug their shoulders and say "well the record had to go sometime"?

If we are to develop a "3rd strand" of sex, then have a Trans Olympics.

Reactions: 19
Usain wouldn't even need to go through the op or take hormones. Under self ID anyone can call themselves a woman just because they feel like it

• Wow
Reactions: 17
If you look up any trans athlete competing in women’s sports, more often than not you will find they were mediocre at best when competing as men with men.

Then they ‘transition’, start playing in the women’s division and steam roll over absolutely everyone, says it all really.

Reactions: 22
Can you not see that my message was addressed to the poster I quoted?
I have not posted on a JKR thread before. Nor have I been hostile.

What are you laughing about? Have you said something amusing?

No. When did I suggest that my comment was "polite discussion"?
Oh so you're being picky about whose questions you answer, I see. Still yet to see you put forth a single counter argument to anyone though. 😂
You posted on the gender discussions thread then, there's been huge crossover between the two. 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Actually really pissed off that one of my posts got removed for ‘arguing’ despite asking a very legitimate question so imma just go ahead and reshare this image to show the absolute nonsense that is going on surrounding this.
76F09CF3-5267-402D-9A32-2EF6018ECDE4.jpeg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Actually really pissed off that one of my posts got removed for ‘arguing’ despite asking a very legitimate question so imma just go ahead and reshare this image to show the absolute nonsense that is going on surrounding this.
3 of mine gone too. Tbh if they start removing all the trolls who just come to be a pain I don't mind it.

Re the tweet - lots of interesting stuff about this in the 'not our crimes' movement.

Reactions: 7
Do you think this is acceptable and why? And don’t say they are an ‘anomaly’ one of these disgusting individuals is more than enough reason to not open women’s spaces to anyone who says they are a woman.View attachment 207330
I don't think the murder or rape of children is acceptable, no.
Do I think it is acceptable that they have had gender reassignment surgery? I suppose ultimately I do. Gender reassignment surgery is a form of healthcare and denial of healthcare is not part of a prisoner's sentence or punishment. If one believes that those experiencing gender dysphoria should undergo gender reassignment surgery before being able to access women's toilets, changing rooms etc and that a grc should only be issued to those individuals that undergo such surgery, surely that surgery must be accessible to those individuals. If one agrees that that should be the case for the general population, then I'm not sure on what grounds such surgery could be denied a member of the prison population, regardless of their crime(s).

Reactions: 1
How bas a thread that is about jk Rowling turned into a thread for transphobic people who care about what genitals other people have. Just have a day off and stop worrying about other people

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I don't think the murder or rape of children is acceptable, no.
Do I think it is acceptable that they have had gender reassignment surgery? I suppose ultimately I do. Gender reassignment surgery is a form of healthcare and denial of healthcare is not part of a prisoner's sentence or punishment. If one believes that those experiencing gender dysphoria should undergo gender reassignment surgery before being able to access women's toilets, changing rooms etc and that a grc should only be issued to those individuals that undergo such surgery, surely that surgery must be accessible to those individuals. If one agrees that that should be the case for the general population, then I'm not sure on what grounds such surgery could be denied a member of the prison population, regardless of their crime(s).
So murder and rape is not acceptable but sticking a Pre-op (or post, doesn’t really matter to me) biological Male in with a bunch of vulnerable female prisoners is ok?

I never said a word about allowing them to have surgery, people can do what they like as far as I’m concerned (although not on tax payers money) my question was more along the lines of allowing a dangerous male into a women’s prison. Can you not see the issue with that?

Reactions: 11
So murder and rape is not acceptable but sticking a Pre-op (or post, doesn’t really matter to me) biological Male in with a bunch of vulnerable female prisoners is ok?

I never said a word about allowing them to have surgery, people can do what they like as far as I’m concerned (although not on tax payers money) my question was more along the lines of allowing a dangerous male into a women’s prison. Can you not see the issue with that?
I’m sure They won’t be moved straight away and will go through questions to make sure they are trans. Don’t worry yourself too much

I’m sure They won’t be moved straight away and will go through questions to make sure they are trans. Don’t worry yourself too much
Actually they don’t. Look up Karen White.

Why are you so worried about what others are worrying about? Let us have this discussion Jesus Christ.

Reactions: 13

I never said a word about allowing them to have surgery, people can do what they like as far as I’m concerned (although not on tax payers money) my question was more along the lines of allowing a dangerous male into a women’s prison.
You posted a screenshot of the tweet and asked "do you think this is acceptable and why?" (a rather leading question) .
I did not know exactly *what* you were asking if I found acceptable. If it wasn't the crimes of the subjct of the tweet or their having surgery (which was what the headline was about), what were you asking if I found acceptable?

Serious question - why are you more concerned that the feelings of this horrific criminal will be hurt by us not all pretending he's now a woman, than the potential harm this guy with a record of sexual violence is going to do to women in a vulnerable space? It baffles me that people who think like you are so quick to abandon any kind of safety concerns for women under the guise of trans rights. 'Go through questions' lmao. If it's self ID there will be no questions.

Reactions: 18
You posted a screenshot of the tweet and asked "do you think this is acceptable and why?" (a rather leading question) .
I did not know exactly *what* you were asking if I found acceptable. If it wasn't the crimes of the subjct of the tweet or their having surgery (which was what the headline was about), what were you asking if I found acceptable?
Ok I’m done here I don’t believe you are discussing in good faith.

Reactions: 14
Actually they don’t. Look up Karen White.

Why are you so worried about what others are worrying about? Let us have this discussion Jesus Christ.
Because yall care about people’s genitals and telling them they don’t exist. Yes there are some who do it to be predator and other trans people call them out however saying that they aren’t women or aren’t men is disgusting

Serious question - why are you more concerned that the feelings of this horrific criminal will be hurt by us not all pretending he's now a woman, than the potential harm this guy with a record of sexual violence is going to do to women in a vulnerable space? It baffles me that people who think like you are so quick to abandon any kind of safety concerns for women under the guise of trans rights. 'Go through questions' lmao. If it's self ID there will be no questions.
If they are dangerous they won’t be allowed to be other people and will be under strict security. Yes there will be to make sure they are trans like they do before trans people transition through surgery and hormones

Because yall care about people’s genitals and telling them they don’t exist. Yes there are some who do it to be predator and other trans people call them out however saying that they aren’t women or aren’t men is disgusting
You’re the one who keeps going on about genitals.

Transwomen aren’t women. Sorry but they just aren’t, they are Male and always will be. No amount of surgery or hormones will change their chromosomes. It’s not ‘disgusting’ to be aware of this fact. Trans women are transwomen, not women.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.