J. K. Rowling #2 JK and the Chamber of Mysogyny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Lucy Jane Wood - who I think at heart is a decent woman - has launched a brand “Gold Dust Road”.

Part of Lucy’s “thing” has been she is a huge HP fan. Unsurprisingly, one of her prints is Potter based, and she’s donating half the profits to bleeping TRA driven Mermaids of all things. It makes me a mix of sad, angry and disappointed that she’s cashing in on JKR’s intellectual property AND double whammy of supporting something that Jo is against.

Here’s the link to the print - thoughts? As a warning, don’t read the comments - it’s basically a virtue signalling echo chamber of non trans young women.

Virtue signalling to sell tit? Not so much as an ethical statement as a business model.

The products don‘t look particularly great. Like the IP, the slogan also looks stolen but from a “good luck with your new job greetings card”, the print quality looks poor and 9,000 followers makes me think of a shameless grab for clout.

I don’t think many in the ”mob” believes in this stuff either, it’s just a competitive race to the bottom for followers.

Reactions: 9
I don’t think many in the ”mob” believes in this stuff either, it’s just a competitive race to the bottom for followers.
I think this is what saddens me the most, as it is lemming behaviour for personal gratification but carries every woman back 100 years with it.

Reactions: 10
For all the people who keep trying to claim that no one is saying that biological sex isn't real, we've already shared lots of examples of people saying this but here's a college lecturer saying exactly that at 11.20

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 14
Has anyone else started to feel really pissed off by drag lately? I mean, I used to love it and admire the skills. Now I’m finding it kind of gross since this whole TRA push.
I’ve always had a bit of an issue with drag Queens who insult women even though the are dressed as them. It feels a bit misogynistic.
I find it interesting that the issues the trans community has is to do mainly with cisgender women: breast feeding being called chest feeding, people people instead of pregnant women, it’s not only women who have periods, wanting access to women’s own refuges etc.
I just read an article saying that if you wouldn’t date a trans person then your transphobic and the comments were very against the author. Even gay and lesbian people were speaking up against that idea.
It seems that trans people could easily start to lose the support of both straight and gay allies if that is the avenue they are going down.

Reactions: 23
I’ve always had a bit of an issue with drag Queens who insult women even though the are dressed as them. It feels a bit misogynistic.
I find it interesting that the issues the trans community has is to do mainly with cisgender women: breast feeding being called chest feeding, people people instead of pregnant women, it’s not only women who have periods, wanting access to women’s own refuges etc.
I just read an article saying that if you wouldn’t date a trans person then your transphobic and the comments were very against the author. Even gay and lesbian people were speaking up against that idea.
It seems that trans people could easily start to lose the support of both straight and gay allies if that is the avenue they are going down.
The idea that you can tell people who to date is ridiculous. Everyone has their own idea of what they find attractive and, thank goodness, we don't all like the same thing!. Trying to force anyone will never work.
Lesbian women have already been heavily criticised if they insist that they want to date women born female.

Calling people phobic is quickly losing its power as its bandied about so much now 😁 soon no one will bloody care.

Reactions: 18
As far as I know, a lot of gay and lesbian people don’t like being lumped in with the trans movement. “Gender reassignment therapy” basically suggests that you can operate the gay away and forces people into very narrow gender stereotypes

Reactions: 12
Trying to force anyone will never work.
Plus we have a word for forcing one person to have sex with another against their will/having been coerced/doing so out of fear...

They are trying to erase homosexuality with all this. I thought there was already a sexuality category for people who are happy to be with trans people as well as others (pansexual) whereas lesbian/gay people only had sex with those of the same sex. Why are they trying to bully and erase those groups when they already have a category for people willing to date them etc? It’s rapey and weird.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Discussing autism/transgender on LBC now... could be an interesting take on things

Discussing autism/transgender on LBC now... could be an interesting take on things
I read the article about it in The Times this morning. Transgender people 3-6 times more likely to be autistic.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Unrelated to the topics recently raised about the connection between autism and transgenderism, which is something academics seemed to be hinting at for years now, did any of the TRA witch ploppers ever reply to anyone’s questions about what specifically did JK Rowling say that was transphobic, why women need to end sex segregated spaces, why they consider Wikipedia to be a valid source, and all the other valid questions raised?

Reactions: 10
Unrelated to the topics recently raised about the connection between autism and transgenderism, which is something academics seemed to be hinting at for years now, did any of the TRA witch ploppers ever reply to anyone’s questions about what specifically did JK Rowling say that was transphobic, why women need to end sex segregated spaces, why they consider Wikipedia to be a valid source, and all the other valid questions raised?
I’m still waiting...

Reactions: 6
I’m still waiting...
How disappointing.

It explains why #nodebate is bandied about alot, it certainly absolves people from actually researching a subject and discussing it in a civilised manner with people who don’t necessarily agree with them. Childish, cowardly and altogether ignorant.

Reactions: 14
I'm late to the party with this thread and quite enjoying the counter-arguments using Shakespeare as an example of female empowerment :D I've had views about this for a long time but have tried to be balanced and accepting of difference and honestly have no problem with anyone identifying however they like. After reflection and discussion I wonder if it will come down to one word...Money? Transgender women are already taking sports scholarships in the USA and competing in the Commonwealth Games but what will happen when they start taking over the big money sports? Golf. I honestly think that golf, as one of the highest paying sports in the world may prove to be a game changer.

Sorry if all of this has been said before but I'm really glad to see people defending JK Rowling.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
How disappointing.

It explains why #nodebate is bandied about alot, it certainly absolves people from actually researching a subject and discussing it in a civilised manner with people who don’t necessarily agree with them. Childish, cowardly and altogether ignorant.
I don’t like to generalise, but the people I personally know who are very pro-‘trans rights’ or whatever you want to call that viewpoint are not people I consider to be very intelligent in general. I have many friends, unfortunately, who now hate JK Rowling etc, but it’s very surface level - like, the extent of the view is ‘Rowling is transphobic oh noes!’ with little to no knowledge of any of the actual issues (e.g. no awareness of self ID as a concept) I have a few friends who have been more willing to listen and who originally bought into the whole thing who have ended up horrified when I’ve pointed them to the things trans people have said to Rowling, the threats of rape, etc. So it seems to be a combination of wanting to appear socially acceptable/moral, as well as some of these people are just...not bright enough to take on the complexities of this situation.

• Heart
@creme.egg92 couldn't agree more. Critical thinking is non existent in some people. I've spoken to a few people who've shared "JK is transphobic" memes but when challenged on it, they've openly admitted they don't know much about the subject.

Society in general now just seem to accept things that are shared on social media as gospel, without fact checking themselves first.

Honestly, it frightens me. Ignorance breeds ignorance

• Heart
@creme.egg92 couldn't agree more. Critical thinking is non existent in some people. I've spoken to a few people who've shared "JK is transphobic" memes but when challenged on it, they've openly admitted they don't know much about the subject.

Society in general now just seem to accept things that are shared on social media as gospel, without fact checking themselves first.

Honestly, it frightens me. Ignorance breeds ignorance
Ugh I hate the performative social media postings. I keep seeing the one that’s like ‘if your feminism doesn’t include trans women it’s not feminism.’ Nah, if your feminism doesn’t centre biological women, it’s not feminism. Absolute pet peeve.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Good article from the Spectator

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There will be a Twitter war labelling LBC as Transphobic, and how they should all be dowsed in acid before being set on fire with a blowtorch.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I'm late to the party with this thread and quite enjoying the counter-arguments using Shakespeare as an example of female empowerment :D I've had views about this for a long time but have tried to be balanced and accepting of difference and honestly have no problem with anyone identifying however they like. After reflection and discussion I wonder if it will come down to one word...Money? Transgender women are already taking sports scholarships in the USA and competing in the Commonwealth Games but what will happen when they start taking over the big money sports? Golf. I honestly think that golf, as one of the highest paying sports in the world may prove to be a game changer.

Sorry if all of this has been said before but I'm really glad to see people defending JK Rowling.
What an interesting article...effectively saying that transgender athletes who were born male, but who compete in female events, have residual testosterone physical advantages, which means women born as women are unlikely to ever be able to beat them!!

How awful, and how unfair!

Reactions: 17
Can those who say this thread is transphobic and a sewer please explain why it's fair for biological males to partake in female sports? This question has been asked time and time again and no one has ever answered.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.