It's the Ferguson’s #5 Led by Ted or Gaslit by Al. You decide?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn’t have thought so child goes to a private school (the ex pays!) and they sit the same exams

That's what I thought. Our grammar school has a large amount of A level transfers from the local private schools and they all received the same gcse grades, even if different exam board.

Also, I would never tell anyone - especially strangers - my children's school grades. Once again they are courting comments. Cheats demanding praise.

Reactions: 7
(I'm currently only on page 3 – so I apologise if this has already been said, but I'm unsure if I'll continue to fully read the entirety of this thread for a while due to the fact that all the comments regarding Hannah are making me extremely uncomfortable.)

Regardless as to whether the assertions regarding her character and actions are true, Hannah did not ask for a large internet audience, nor does she receive any of the benefits that accompany having one. Her lived experience of people online knowing the details of her life (as portrayed by her ex-husband) is a solely and drastically negative one for Hannah: she gets all of the negative aspects of having an online audience, with absolutely none of the positives. All whilst simultaneously being unable to have the right of reply for – what I would assume to be – fear of reprisal and animosity: of backlash and further breakdown in communication with the people she has to co-parent alongside. No matter how much she might want to contradict the narrative put forward by Al and Jen, it is not in Isla's best interests for her to do so which – when compared to the complete lack of regard with which Jen and Al hold this aspect of parenthood – makes it very clear to me which parent holds their daughter's interests above their own.

It may well be the case that there are no innocent parties here, but it is an absolute truth that only one of those parties has had the choice of their family's business remaining private ripped away from them, whilst also having a harmful and damaging narrative surrounding their daughter's conception thrust into public consciousness, all due to their ex-spouse's desire to be perceived as both a hero and a victim in the limelight.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

It may well be the case that there are no innocent parties here, but it is an absolute truth that only one of those parties has had the choice of their family's business remaining private ripped away from them, whilst also having a harmful and damaging narrative surrounding their daughter's conception thrust into public consciousness, all due to their ex-spouse's desire to be perceived as both a hero and a victim in the limelight.
You are absolutely spot on with this! 🙌🏻

He still looks like a cheating knobhead though 😂

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
(I'm currently only on page 3 – so I apologise if this has already been said, but I'm unsure if I'll continue to fully read the entirety of this thread for a while due to the fact that all the comments regarding Hannah are making me extremely uncomfortable.)

Regardless as to whether the assertions regarding her character and actions are true, Hannah did not ask for a large internet audience, nor does she receive any of the benefits that accompany having one. Her lived experience of people online knowing the details of her life (as portrayed by her ex-husband) is a solely and drastically negative one for Hannah: she gets all of the negative aspects of having an online audience, with absolutely none of the positives. All whilst simultaneously being unable to have the right of reply for – what I would assume to be – fear of reprisal and animosity: of backlash and further breakdown in communication with the people she has to co-parent alongside. No matter how much she might want to contradict the narrative put forward by Al and Jen, it is not in Isla's best interests for her to do so which – when compared to the complete lack of regard with which Jen and Al hold this aspect of parenthood – makes it very clear to me which parent holds their daughter's interests above their own.

Couldn't agree with this more! Hannah values the privacy of her children in a way al and jen could never imagine. Im actually quite upset at the stuff "emily" posted the other day. It was so unnecessary and cruel, but all of us on this thread stood up for her and believe her side far more than als.
I was going to ask if anyone knows how to get mods to ulter a comment. I'm incredibly uncomfortable with hannahs two boys having their names on here by Emily, is there anyway they can be removed. Nobody needs to know them. They are only little, it is very unfair

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Couldn't agree with this more! Hannah values the privacy of her children in a way al and jen could never imagine. Im actually quite upset at the stuff "emily" posted the other day. It was so unnecessary and cruel, but all of us on this thread stood up for her and believe her side far more than als.
I was going to ask if anyone knows how to get mods to ulter a comment. I'm incredibly uncomfortable with hannahs two boys having their names on here by Emily, is there anyway they can be removed. Nobody needs to know them. They are only little, it is very unfair
Maybe if we all report the comment it might be removed

Why have a party to celebrate the end of home learning? Why do they make a massive deal out of everything?!

Reactions: 4
I can't see it, only where it's been quoted in other posts. Unless I haven't had enough caffeine yet this morning, which is a distinct possibility!
Good,
It’s your second comment on page 4 of this thread - think if you hold down you can edit or delete the comment x
I’ve found I can only edit/delete my own posts if it’s the most recent post on a thread, once anyone else posts it’s not possible anymore

Reactions: 2
Oh do piss off about the kids consenting they’re 6 and 8 😂
This is what annoyed me when they were arguing on their post a few weeks back, when they were saying that the children consent to half naked photos and photos in the bath, how can children that old give proper consent to that? They don’t even really know what they’re consenting to.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is what annoyed me when they were arguing on their post a few weeks back, when they were saying that the children consent to half naked photos and photos in the bath, how can children that old give proper consent to that? They don’t even really know what they’re consenting to.
I know I totally agree and this is where people get so wound up on behalf of the children. I’d be furious if I was I’s mum. Yes L can give his permission but T and I are too young.

Out of curiosity, can a parent request by law that the other not post their children online?

Reactions: 1
Out of curiosity, can a parent request by law that the other not post their children online?
Yes, as a family lawyer this is something I've drafted into orders before.
I'm not sure if they have any ongoing proceedings though, and it probably wouldn't be advised to issue new proceedings solely for that issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.