It’s Em #6 Bo Selecta Face is shiny but that’s ok my mate says I’m tiny.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Everyone has different reasons for weight loss/ gain and I think the pandemic didn't help especially when so many of us couldn't do the things we enjoyed.

Part of the reason I am as big as I am is due to trauma, I am an emotional eater and have tried many different strategies which work... until I hit a rocky patch then I'm back to square one. I'm not saying it's OK to be this big, it's not but I think a little empathy would go a long way rather than demonising fat people as piggies

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What I don't understand is why it's anyone business what someone weighs.

If that person isn't a family member/close friend (even then I still wouldn't pass comment) why are you so concerned about a strangers health enough to make any remarks about their weight.

Reactions: 8
What I don't understand is why it's anyone business what someone weighs.

If that person isn't a family member/close friend (even then I still wouldn't pass comment) why are you so concerned about a strangers health enough to make any remarks about their weight.
This is a gossip site and the people we talk about put themselves online to thousands of people for attention so it's bound to happen. I don't think this particular thread is for you if you are offending by things like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is a gossip site and the people we talk about put themselves online to thousands of people for attention so it's bound to happen. I don't think this particular thread is for you if you are offending by things like that.
Maybe you are right. It's one thing to gossip but some of you are just pathetic and get your kicks out of bringing others down

Reactions: 4
Candy must be really pissed off that they've asked Em to model the dresses!
I agree!
I imagine that being asked to help a friend choose her wedding dress must be an incredible honour. Emma's role was to support Candy that day, the shop's role was to make Candy feel amazing and the centre of attention.
If Emma used the occasion to brag about her influencer and modelling hustles and stole the limelight from Candy then I do feel sorry for Candy.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Please be patient with me with this post because it's a bit of a personal one. Also just saying how I feel about myself not judging anyone else's health or happiness.

There has been a lot of talk of her weight and size, which makes me feel like it's OK to ask. Do we know what dress size she wears?

The reason I ask is because regardless of weight, as previous posters have mentioned it can be carried in very different ways (fat/muscle/height blah blah blah) but she and others (Callie Thorpe and Danielle Vanier) kind of made me realise how big I was getting myself. The pandemic and the working from home were not kind to me and I put on a lot of weight through inactivity and over eating. I have always been a larger lady at my best size 18/20 but at Christmas I found myself buying clothes in a size 26, nothing wrong with that if you are happy but I was ashamed and felt miserable and unhealthy. It hit home how big I was when I was watching people like Em able to shop in Primark. It's something I could never do even at an 18/20 but maybe I was just looking at the wrong things.

I'm about 5'4 and I was tipping the scales at nearly 19st at the beginning of Jan and like I said I started buying size 26 from places like Next, Sainburys, New look and a size 3/4 XL on H&M. I'm now starting to get a handle on things and am down to 16st 7lb and about a size 22 again (long way still to go to be healthy again) but I have been watching a lot of plus size ladies to figure out how to dress for my size and what I might look like to other people, thanks to Danielle I found Mango I had no idea they did plus size.

I like TrIna-Louise and Becky Reynolds as they are very upfront about where they carry their weight, what size they normally are and what sizes they have bought in the clothes they are showing. I also need a reality check on her photos because she is a noticeably different size in her videos, is this just clever angles or editing?

Sorry for the long post but there seems to be a few plus size ladies here and I like hearing all of your opinions.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Please be patient with me with this post because it's a bit of a personal one. Also just saying how I feel about myself not judging anyone else's health or happiness.

There has been a lot of talk of her weight and size, which makes me feel like it's OK to ask. Do we know what dress size she wears?

The reason I ask is because regardless of weight, as previous posters have mentioned it can be carried in very different ways (fat/muscle/height blah blah blah) but she and others (Callie Thorpe and Danielle Vanier) kind of made me realise how big I was getting myself. The pandemic and the working from home were not kind to me and I put on a lot of weight through inactivity and over eating. I have always been a larger lady at my best size 18/20 but at Christmas I found myself buying clothes in a size 26, nothing wrong with that if you are happy but I was ashamed and felt miserable and unhealthy. It hit home how big I was when I was watching people like Em able to shop in Primark. It's something I could never do even at an 18/20 but maybe I was just looking at the wrong things.

I'm about 5'4 and I was tipping the scales at nearly 19st at the beginning of Jan and like I said I started buying size 26 from places like Next, Sainburys, New look and a size 3/4 XL on H&M. I'm now starting to get a handle on things and am down to 16st 7lb and about a size 22 again (long way still to go to be healthy again) but I have been watching a lot of plus size ladies to figure out how to dress for my size and what I might look like to other people, thanks to Danielle I found Mango I had no idea they did plus size.

I like TrIna-Louise and Becky Reynolds as they are very upfront about where they carry their weight, what size they normally are and what sizes they have bought in the clothes they are showing. I also need a reality check on her photos because she is a noticeably different size in her videos, is this just clever angles or editing?

Sorry for the long post but there seems to be a few plus size ladies here and I like hearing all of your opinions.
I’ve said many times that I couldn’t care less what she weighs or what size she is, what bothers me the most is how she manipulates every photo and carefully edits out bits she doesn’t like in her videos, she never shows a true representation of how she really is.
Bags, dogs and anything she can get her hand on to cover up her stomach. Always checking herself in the camera then readjusting how she’s sat or pulling something to cover herself.
You are right in the clever angles and editing. The camera is always up so high!!
The things she buys from Primark are always oversized, stretchy, Elasticated and really floaty, this is how she can get away with buying a size 20 from there (when she says she’s a size 20 she is only fooling herself)
I’d say she is a size 26-28
Well done on your weight loss, you’ve got this!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Emma promotes body positivity but as others have mentioned, she edits her photos, like not just a bit but quite significantly sometimes. If she is happy with her appearance then good on her but surely she can't be or she wouldn't continue to edit?. She's not the only one that does it of course, everyone on Instagram uses filters, some people barely look human! I think her audience would appreciate it if she was a bit more real.

Reactions: 14
Me too, down to earth, very honest and a great relationship with her parents. Anyone know if she's still with her French boyfriend as she never mentions him and now she's bought a house. Just wondering
yes she is - she just did a vlog from his apartment in Monaco so they are still a thing - very long distance relationship she says! I Love Becky as she is very natural

Reactions: 6
A lot of us have been following Em for years. She has this 'body positivity' where she edits photos and claims to be four sizes smaller than she actually is. Then she will feel depressed about her body image (which means taking time away from the internet)....and then comes back promising to do so many steps a day or getting on the exercise bike...but, gives up quickly

Recently she claims to wear a size 20 - especially in 'shirred' dresses - but the elastic is at full stretch. She uses her arms down at her sides to cover her general width up .....and it's disingenuous ..........

I think we've all said that her and her husband need to change their ways before health issues start to kick in. They both are so out of breath when speaking.......

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don't think she's a bad person in all honesty, there are some vloggers who've let it go to their heads and act like they are celebs. Like I think if you bumped into Em on the street, she'd be very nice. Is she annoying sometimes - yes! The editing and the embellishing her dress size is unnecessary. I wonder though if she's buying a size 20 from brands that cater for plus size ladies, so a 20 might come up slightly bigger. I think when you're in your 20's and 30's, it's ok to get away with eating unhealthily, being a bit overweight etc but once you hit 40 - it's really time to start looking after ones health. It's not to late for Em and Chris, they could do it together!

I don't think she's a bad person in all honesty, there are some vloggers who've let it go to their heads and act like they are celebs. Like I think if you bumped into Em on the street, she'd be very nice. Is she annoying sometimes - yes! The editing and the embellishing her dress size is unnecessary. I wonder though if she's buying a size 20 from brands that cater for plus size ladies, so a 20 might come up slightly bigger. I think when you're in your 20's and 30's, it's ok to get away with eating unhealthily, being a bit overweight etc but once you hit 40 - it's really time to start looking after ones health. It's not to late for Em and Chris, they could do it together!
This is so true.
If they really were these amazing soulmates that Emma claims they are, they would face the harsh facts together and change together.

Reactions: 6
This is so true.
If they really were these amazing soulmates that Emma claims they are, they would face the harsh facts together and change together.
Do they want to change though? They seem happy the way they are, yes it’s unhealthy and they will have issues later on but if they are not willing to change anything then they re not going to.

Body positivity is possibly one of the worse creations that has came from influencers/social media. In Emma’s head she will be thinking that she is a positive influence to all these other people because that’s what’s she’s been told by the other plus size influencers she follows.

Reactions: 8
Sorry if I offend anyone, but they're both so over weight, and it puts such a strain on your vital organs, ie your heart.
They really need to start sorting this out now! Before we have another pity vlog from her, saying Chris has had a stroke/heart attack or her blood tests saying she's diabetic, FFS. Em, if you read here,, make better choices!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sorry if I offend anyone, but they're both so over weight, and it puts such a strain on your vital organs, ie your heart.
They really need to start sorting this out now! Before we have another pity vlog from her, saying Chris has had a stroke/heart attack or her blood tests saying she's diabetic, FFS. Em, if you read here,, make better choices!
I think it's all Emma. She will not let the poor guy out of her sight as she wants him cooing over her and treating her like a queen. Driving her around everywhere, she doesn't give the poor guy a chance to breathe. On his days off seems he is ferrying her about for her vlog content. I mean if she supported him and said let's join a gym together and they blogged it i bet she would have so many views and support from everyone. After work he is either cooking or in front of the telly or on one of their "hour" walks which we see a few mins of. Instead after work he could go gym 2 times and then on the weekend one day. But oh no how dare he not drive hyacinth about. I mean he has no friends never out with any or family he sees regularly at all. What a life.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.