It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know if anyone also enjoyed the programme pose it's set around the New York balls of the 80s a brilliant watch again with the excellent Billy Porter who is himself living with HIV

Reactions: 10
Just love how people are still talking about it’s a sin, there’s been a lot of hiv/aid talk on the tv and they always say how it’s a sin has helped and educated and made more people aware.

Did anyone watch the new Freddie Mercury documentary on bbc the other week? Highly recoommend. It wasn’t just about Freddie but the whole 80/90s era of hiv/aids.

Part of me wants to re watch it’s a sin, but don’t think I’ve mentally prepared for it again!

Reactions: 7
Just love how people are still talking about it’s a sin, there’s been a lot of hiv/aid talk on the tv and they always say how it’s a sin has helped and educated and made more people aware.

Did anyone watch the new Freddie Mercury documentary on bbc the other week? Highly recoommend. It wasn’t just about Freddie but the whole 80/90s era of hiv/aids.

Part of me wants to re watch it’s a sin, but don’t think I’ve mentally prepared for it again!
I watched Freddie Mercery doc the other week - highly recommended!!

So today I've started watched Its a Sin again. The hospital scenes still haunt me but so important.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
This is where I am, I really want to watch it again but not sure I'm ready. Think I'm going to have a day over Christmas when I'm off work, watch back to back and fully immerse myself. I will need a few boxes of tissues

Reactions: 4
I thought this was such an amazing depiction of what happened in the early days of people being diagnosed with HIV. It really drew me in and I felt so, so sad at the end when the main character died and his mum had kept his friends away from him so they couldn’t say goodbye and couldn’t support him. Just thinking about it is making me well up 😥

I grew up in the 80s and I remember not only how prejudiced my parents were about HIV but also about gay men. My dad would not shop in a convenience store that was run by a gay couple because he thought he could catch HIV from there. Luckily I didn’t grow up with his bigoted opinions!

I think It’s A Sin does a great service to explaining just how awful that whole thing was in the 80s.

Reactions: 10
The characters really do stay with you. I’d also recommend following The Aids Memorial on Instagram that posts every day photo(s) of people who died due to the virus with a caption written by someone who loved and misses them. It is so moving and tragic to realise just how many lives ended so early and painfully and the scale of the loss for their families and friends, especially stories where the person’s family denied how they died. It can get a bit heavy but I always stop to read them and look at the photos. If I’d been born 20 years earlier, it would have been my friends and my community.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This was so powerful to watch.

I keep telling my husband that he needs to watch it.

Can you watch it for free anywhere?

There's a new 3 part documentary on Sky called 'Positive' looking at Britain's reaction to AIDS over the last 40 years.

I'm 1 episode in and really enjoying it.

I've clearly been living in a cave but I'd never heard of the Gay Switchboard before. It seemed to help lots of people!

Reactions: 2
There's a new 3 part documentary on Sky called 'Positive' looking at Britain's reaction to AIDS over the last 40 years.

I'm 1 episode in and really enjoying it.

I've clearly been living in a cave but I'd never heard of the Gay Switchboard before. It seemed to help lots of people!
Might have to watch this, and I’ve never heard of the gay switchboard either.

Reactions: 1
I can’t remember if I’ve shared here already (I can’t find my post). I watched recently a film with Julia Roberts and Mark Ruffalo, The Normal Heart. It told the story of AIDS in NY in the late 70’s early 80’s. The shock, the loss, the love, the anger, the marches. It moved me a lot and educated me further about this terrible time.

• Heart
Will have a look for that film.
I watched Philadelphia recently not knowin what it was about. Another 80/90s attitude.

Reactions: 1
I thought it was very well made and very important. Great acting throughout; especially from Keeley Hawes.

Not sure I have the strength to watch it again. :(

I tried to watch it again a couple of months ago but couldn't. I got half way through the 1st episode and turned it off knowing what was coming.
It's a series that really sticks with you maybe because of the emotional roller-coaster it involves. I loved it but its so hard to watch again.

• Heart
Reactions: 5