It's A Sin - Channel 4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I tried to watch it again a couple of months ago but couldn't. I got half way through the 1st episode and turned it off knowing what was coming.
It's a series that really sticks with you maybe because of the emotional roller-coaster it involves. I loved it but its so hard to watch again.
So true. I didn't go into it thinking they'd all survive but it's somehow so brutal. The worst was Colin - just came out of nowhere. 😞

• Sad
Reactions: 16
So true. I didn't go into it thinking they'd all survive but it's somehow so brutal. The worst was Colin - just came out of nowhere. 😞
I still think about Collin 😢😢💙 his story broke me from day 1, he was so innocent 🥺

Reactions: 7
Russell T Davies has been going over all the things he’s written for TV since he started over in Instagram. It’s interesting. It’s a Sin is definitely the work of a great writer.

Reactions: 5
Russell T Davies has been going over all the things he’s written for TV since he started over in Instagram. It’s interesting. It’s a Sin is definitely the work of a great writer.
I've been following what he has posted. It's a sin was once in a life time amazing writing.

Reactions: 1
I think it's supposed to be brutal, no? Because he wanted to show what it was really like to be young, gay and positive.

Reactions: 4
I am going to see Cabaret in London with Eddie Redmayne and Jessie Buckley in Jan, I’ve just seen that Omari ( Roscoe) is in it too.

The characters really do stay with you. I’d also recommend following The Aids Memorial on Instagram that posts every day photo(s) of people who died due to the virus with a caption written by someone who loved and misses them. It is so moving and tragic to realise just how many lives ended so early and painfully and the scale of the loss for their families and friends, especially stories where the person’s family denied how they died. It can get a bit heavy but I always stop to read them and look at the photos. If I’d been born 20 years earlier, it would have been my friends and my community.
I follow it too. It's brutal at times, just the sense of loss and the unfairness of it all but I feel it's important to read the stories and remember the life they lived.

The characters really do stay with you. I’d also recommend following The Aids Memorial on Instagram that posts every day photo(s) of people who died due to the virus with a caption written by someone who loved and misses them. It is so moving and tragic to realise just how many lives ended so early and painfully and the scale of the loss for their families and friends, especially stories where the person’s family denied how they died. It can get a bit heavy but I always stop to read them and look at the photos. If I’d been born 20 years earlier, it would have been my friends and my community.
I just had a look at this page, yes heart wrenching 🥲.

I follow it too. It's brutal at times, just the sense of loss and the unfairness of it all but I feel it's important to read the stories and remember the life they lived.
Totally agree, you can feel the love and warmth in every single post for a real person and not a statistic. It’s a beautiful project.

Reactions: 6
I can’t remember if I’ve shared here already (I can’t find my post). I watched recently a film with Julia Roberts and Mark Ruffalo, The Normal Heart. It told the story of AIDS in NY in the late 70’s early 80’s. The shock, the loss, the love, the anger, the marches. It moved me a lot and educated me further about this terrible time.
It’s an amazing film. Very graphic in the depictions of how debilitating AIDS was. The scene where the guy from Big Bang Theory (can’t remember his name, sorry) did the speech at a funeral was truly heartbreaking 💔

Might have to watch this, and I’ve never heard of the gay switchboard either.
I’ve watched them all. As someone who grew up in the 80s and remembers awful headlines like “gay plague” it’s great to see how much things have moved on.

I watched The Normal Heart tonight after seeing it recommended on here, I'm absolutely shattered emotionally. My heart breaks for how hard those people had to fight for anybody to pay attention. Matt Bomer was just... wow! Jim Parsons is someone i'm fast becoming a fan of despite never having liked TBBT, he really has range as an actor. I feel like i've been punched in the gut though, it's so unbelievably sad.

• Heart
I watched The Normal Heart tonight after seeing it recommended on here, I'm absolutely shattered emotionally. My heart breaks for how hard those people had to fight for anybody to pay attention. Matt Bomer was just... wow! Jim Parsons is someone i'm fast becoming a fan of despite never having liked TBBT, he really has range as an actor. I feel like i've been punched in the gut though, it's so unbelievably sad.
I’m glad you took up my recommendation and were as moved by it as me. I know this is a ‘it’s a sin’ thread but I honestly feel ashamed as someone who grew up in the 80’s-90’s that it’s only now I feel more informed and better educated of this era. Any other reading, tv programmes or films I’ll take your recommendations so’s to understand even better.

Reactions: 6
It’s a tough watch. The poor guy who dies and his mother has to take his body from the hospital as (if I remember rightly) the undertaker wouldn’t? I loved the scene where the male choir sang The Man I Love and all the couples were slow dancing. Would bring a tear to a glass eye.

I’m glad you took up my recommendation and were as moved by it as me. I know this is a ‘it’s a sin’ thread but I honestly feel ashamed as someone who grew up in the 80’s-90’s that it’s only now I feel more informed and better educated of this era. Any other reading, tv programmes or films I’ll take your recommendations so’s to understand even better.
I actually bought book recently which is going to be my next read. It's called "All The Young Men" by Ruth Coker-Burks, i've heard it's an emotional one, i'll let you know thoughts once i've dug into it a bit. :)

Reactions: 3
I actually bought book recently which is going to be my next read. It's called "All The Young Men" by Ruth Coker-Burks, i've heard it's an emotional one, i'll let you know thoughts once i've dug into it a bit. :)
I read it, its as wonderful as read as its a sin was a watch if that makes sense?

Its desperate how they were treated, but this lady is one in a million and her compassion shines through in spite of all the difficulties.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Thank you for the Freddie Mercury documentary recommendation. It was fantastic! What a talented man, taken too soon!

• Heart
My Facebook memory today is it’s a sin based, it was Collins episode 😭😭
Then today I was out early n this young guy was opening a shop up, made me feel think of Collin and his keys ❤😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12