It Galz #7 Lindsay spills the tea, is Jenny a rat? Two girls in a spat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jenny always gave me the vibe that she thought she was better than Lindsay, the stable relationships (both long term and now engaged) her travels and working abroad, the fact her parents weren’t strict and religious and the fact the doesn’t have kids or had a child young has always given her the upper hand in her mind. Lindsay had the following from the start to be able to make the podcast a success. I’m aware of lindsays wrong doings and her actions somewhat affecting the business reputation and therefore their income, but Jenny was evidently cruel to her during recordings and live streams. She was condescending and patronising and treated L like a child. Lindsay had the friendship group and the family that Jenny became a part of, I don’t doubt for a second that what L has claimed is true. Sure it would be a lot easier for some to believe if she gave receipts, and like any falling out one side is always going to view it differently. But 2 grown adults should be able to maintain a professional working relationship, clearly both couldn’t maintain this so to an extent both are in the wrong in my opinion. Clearly none of us know the full story, but I had the impression Jenny thought she was better than Lindsay and her sisters from the start, when in reality L helped her following and the success of their income. I hope one day L spills all
jenny being condescending to Lindsay seemed to be a topic here and I think people wrote into the anonymous tumblr about it as well back when they had it open all the time. But L herself went on the pod and said she’s well able to stand her ground, and that actually outside of the pod she has more of the dominating energy- something along those lines. I think it’s convenient now for L to say she was bullied because she’s aware that was the outside perception. She argued with J just as much. She admitted she was jealous of J and E when they started going out and would dismiss loads of stories like the story of their first date, the holiday where they tried anal etc. The two of them were as bad as each other for the contradicting but they always assured the listeners it was their dynamic and they were like a married couple

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
I picked up on J talking over L on the pod in the early days but went to a live show a few years back and got a better insight into their dynamic. It has been mentioned here before that L is prone to rambling / going off topic - J was good at reining the conversation back in and having a start/middle/end to their discussions - I think this is often perceived as speaking over L/ cutting her off. At the live show I couldn’t get over L’s body language. The eye rolling/ smirking etc L was doing every time J told a story about herself.. you could tell she wasn’t happy when she wasn’t speaking - she wanted to hog the limelight and thought she was the star of the show. I can only imagine that the same thing went on during recording

Last edited:
Reactions: 41
jenny being condescending to Lindsay seemed to be a topic here and I think people wrote into the anonymous tumblr about it as well back when they had it open all the time. But L herself went on the pod and said she’s well able to stand her ground, and that actually outside of the pod she has more of the dominating energy- something along those lines. I think it’s convenient now for L to say she was bullied because she’s aware that was the outside perception. She argued with J just as much. She admitted she was jealous of J and E when they started going out and would dismiss loads of stories like the story of their first date, the holiday where they tried anal etc. The two of them were as bad as each other for the contradicting but they always assured the listeners it was their dynamic and they were like a married couple
edit to say I agree they both have to have played a part and we will never know the full story I’d say. I’ve found the tension between the two of them over the years hard to listen to at times. I’ve actually always found L more entertaining as most people have as she has the more kind of natural comedic timing. I’ve just personally gone so off her from all of this

Reactions: 8
What a sad case. No class tbh like just use a different pic?
She will never just move on from this. Again in this podcast she’s going on and on about “the past six weeks” and tattle. The whole time she has is so miserable and whiny. God she’s stuck and feeling so sorry for herself.

Reactions: 10
I picked up on J talking over L on the pod in the early days but went to a live show a few years back and got a better insight into their dynamic. It has been mentioned here before that L is prone to rambling / going off topic - J was good at reining the conversation back in and having a start/middle/end to their discussions - I think this is often perceived as speaking over L/ cutting her off. At the live show I couldn’t get over L’s body language. The eye rolling/ smirking etc L was doing every time J told a story about herself.. you could tell she wasn’t happy when she wasn’t speaking - she wanted to hog the limelight and thought she was the star of the show. I can only imagine that the same thing went on during recording
It was also mentioned by both that J did most of the timekeeping and editing so probably had to shut off rambles for those reasons to keep the pods concise!

Reactions: 8
I am just scarlett for both of them at this stage. Didn't think Jenny would make a counter statement. It's all so embarrassing now.

It's clear their relationship was on the rocks for a while. Jenny went too far with her bitching. If they really said on a pod that they witch / talk about each other when they're not around that's not a good basis for a friendship anyway. I have a few close friends and we would NEVER EVER do that. The relationship was obviously unhealthy the whole time. May have originally started with concern but IMO that doesn't excuse it. I'd say Jenny was sick of dealing with Lindsay's tit, fair enough, but she didn't deal with it in the right way. I personally wouldn't be able to deal with Lindsay making the same mistakes over and over again. I personally doubt the sisters said it to Lindsay. I still think she maybe saw some messages. I'd say Jenny did duck up and say some nasty tit. I agree Jenny always seemed to look down on Lindsay. Again not a good basis for a friendship. Remember the timeline was the live stream was scheduled and then didn't go ahead at short notice.

Basically their friendship was already super unhealthy and they both have a role to play in the breakdown IMO so I don't really know why people are taking sides.

And def seems like Linds only posted that statement cos Jenny was getting positive attention. Wish they would both just move on.

Reactions: 22
Omg the pettiness. It is kind of hilarious the tit photoshop but still.
Just pay for a new logo/picture. When she did a call out yesterday asking did anyone have any audio recordings of the X Galz episode she clearly can't be ORSED to learn all the admin Jenny looked after. It's all coming across as very haphazard and lazy. Lindsay, hire a manager ASAP. You've a world of potential and the rebrand of It Galz could be something but it will be destroyed so fast by your ego if you don't have someone outside your crew of 'Yes men' advising you.

Reactions: 15
I think it's really obvious now that Lindsay's NDA claims were complete lies. She probably said it in the moment thinking it would get her more sympathy but then people on tattle started to speculate that if she was willing to sign an NDA she must have been the one in the wrong, so then she was like duck and ditched that idea and posted the insta ramble/ statement

Reactions: 5
I'd say she maybe did sign an NDA. Or at least by saying that she meant she came to some agreement with Jenny as part of the sale of it galz. L is so reactionary she may have just ignored the NDA or TRIED to say something without violating the agreement . Just my 2cents.

Reactions: 2
L is wasting time not getting her ducks in a row with a proper pod rebrand, and solid work on episode ideas...she'll panic when J drops her new pod, and has it looking slick, with interesting topic ideas.

Don't know what J is planning, but you'd imagine she'll have learned a lot from ItGalz, and knows how to create a sleek package at this stage, along with potentially using her brother's studio for recording. She'll blow past L, and it'll be her own fault for not moving on and getting ahead of the game.

Reactions: 19
I've never posted here before but I just have to say. I had a friend like L broke up the family flitted from man to man constantly changing her life. Multiple house moves in a short period of time. Then in a relationship with an absolute prick and put him before her kids. I begged her at the time to see sense. Some of her kids moved out to grandparents they couldn't put up with the chaos and inevitable the relationship broke down and now she's having a hard time trying to reconnect with her kids. So anyone that's says L behaviour is not affecting her kids are talking out their arse like L is.

Reactions: 27
Not to get legal with it but an NDA (not super common in Ireland anyways) would pertain to specific information, it is not a flat-out gagging order to stop someone talking. If they have one in place it would be more specific than "You can't ever talk about what happened to our friendship or business."

Reactions: 16
To be fair, I think this topic is very worthy of a podcast - there was never any accountability for the likes of Ciara O’D and Rosie whose reputation should have been impacted by what they did. Those girls actively committed fraud imo - Ciara especially lied through her teeth before her launch and made such a song and dance about her accessories being Irish made. The way that Rosie was nowhere to be seen and she escaped from any repercussions makes my blood boil after Aluxe was uncovered for downright lies to consumers. It’s why I don’t trust any influencers. They’ll lie through their teeth, sell their grannies and then run away from any controversy.

The only irony from the podcast is that there were and have barely been apologies. Roz’s size slip-up is nothing imo compared to the two above and she had the decency to apologise (& it was genuine imo).

I guess that’s why I gravitated to the It Galz as both girls weren’t afraid to have a pop or say it like it is.

Our lick arse Irish celeb media culture are so embedded in influencer culture that they aren’t going to ask important questions to these bloggers who not only haven’t been affected by what they did but have seen to gain with Rosie’s new business going from strength to strength. Are Goss.ie going to question how and why Rosie is charging premium prices for clothes that are made in Chinese sweatshops?!

People have short memories and it’s a shame that thousands support Ciara, Rosie etc. who at best are dishonest and calculated.
I 100 percent agree with you, Irish influencers are very untrustworthy, that’s why BU got so much attention. People are sick of being lied to. That’s why I liked the IT galz in the first place they seemed to call out that tit. Until Jenny started going out with Evan now she’s prob afraid to say anything. I think Lindsey seems more real as chaotic as she is! But it looks like she can’t win no matter what she does at the moment.

Reactions: 14
When L mentioned the valuation was too high, did she say if they then agreed a buy out? I wonder if NDA more to do with that and value paid/agreed

Reactions: 4
I 100 percent agree with you, Irish influencers are very untrustworthy, that’s why BU got so much attention. People are sick of being lied to. That’s why I liked the IT galz in the first place they seemed to call out that tit. Until Jenny started going out with Evan now she’s prob afraid to say anything. I think Lindsey seems more real as chaotic as she is! But it looks like she can’t win no matter what she does at the moment.
I agree it got annoying to listen to them bring up influencers only for them to be defended by J like why bother have it as a topic 😂

Reactions: 6
I had a friendship breakdown previously, I would have been more similar to J, degree, stable job etc where as my friend was more similar with L, never had real job, single with kids and chaotic relationships. Anyway, I felt we weren't a good influence on each other and should have a break from each other. In the end the friendship completely broke down, with both us having a completely different view on what happened. The point I'm trying to make is that in L's mind she was the injured party where as J who maybe said some things she shouldn't have, probably just had enough.

In my case we reconnecting a few years later, we bought missed each other and were able to talk about what happened and move on.

I think it will take more time and reflection before they can truly see the real reason.

Reactions: 11
L is wasting time not getting her ducks in a row with a proper pod rebrand, and solid work on episode ideas...she'll panic when J drops her new pod, and has it looking slick, with interesting topic ideas.

Don't know what J is planning, but you'd imagine she'll have learned a lot from ItGalz, and knows how to create a sleek package at this stage, along with potentially using her brother's studio for recording. She'll blow past L, and it'll be her own fault for not moving on and getting ahead of the game.
Are we even surprised that ZERO thought has been put into this whole ordeal? I totally agree with you about J!
I wish L would pause and take the time to sharpen her skills and rebrand. As someone who has taken a course in media production, it is painfully obvious that L is recording her podcasts without any structure or care for proper editing (but that’s nothing new). This is her time to upgrade and grab the edge in J, not repurpose stale and already used content. She needs to educate herself in how to properly create content and podcasts. Bettering yourself will always be the last laugh.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.