It Galz #5 It Galz, we the Split Galz, no Jenny and Lindsay gone to Tommy tit galz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lol relax, she said she earns good money for very little work, she hardly spat in your food and told you to have a nice day
There are varying degrees of unprofessionalism, I never claimed that it was as bad as spitting in food. If I feel that Lindsay does not put enough work into her service resulting in a unresearched podcast episode where she runs her mouth for an hour talking about nothing then I don’t have to pay for that service. I can just pay for a podcast where the hosts put more time, research and effort into producing a good episode. That’s all it is and that’s all I’m saying.

There’s no need to be so pressed defending Lindsay, harping on about capitalism and then telling me to relax. We’re just running around in circles here so we better just agree to disagree and move on so the thread isn’t taken up by arguments

Reactions: 15
I sympathise and empathise with anyone who has experienced a tragic loss but I think if someone has that much of a sensitive disposition to the point where a simple turn of phrase triggers them then maybe the internet is not the best place for them. That’s all I’m going to say on it now.
I respect your opinion, but my point is you can't reduce mental trauma as a result of suicide down to having a 'sensitive disposition'. It's not as easy as that. I'm personally not going to avoid the internet because a phrase upsets me due to my life experience, but I'm also not going to pass up an opportunity to give people a different way of looking at things. If 2 other posters who have experienced suicide in the thread raised the issue before I chimed in then it's not an isolated feeling.

Years ago a girl went off at me before on a Facebook status because I used the word 'Junkie' in referring to some 'junkies' on the Luas. She was someone I hardly knew from school and I was so pissed off she'd shown ME up on social media when I meant literally nothing by it! Turns out her mam was a drug addict who had died and for her it was painful to see people throwing around the phrase "Junkie" to describe someone who was down and out in life. I'd never thought about that before and I had to put aside my own ego to think it was ever about me to begin with. She was just expressing pain at the way drug addicts were viewed based on her life experience. Now, I could have just ignored all that and called her a snowflake but for the sake of making her life and other people in her position's life a bit easier I just stopped using the word Junkie. It was very easy to do. Similar to how people don't say '******' anymore, or are more sensitive to how we talk about ethnicity.

The solution is you either take on someone's point and you decide that you're attached the phrase and you want to keep using it, or you think
'Didn't think about it like that, my desire to use it doesn't outweigh my desire to potentially not trigger someone, so next time I'll keep it in mind' -
It's not telling people to get off the internet or saying they probably haven't done enough therapy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
There are varying degrees of unprofessionalism, I never claimed that it was as bad as spitting in food. If I feel that Lindsay does not put enough work into her service resulting in a unresearched podcast episode where she runs her mouth for an hour talking about nothing then I don’t have to pay for that service. I can just pay for a podcast where the hosts put more time, research and effort into producing a good episode. That’s all it is and that’s all I’m saying.

There’s no need to be so pressed defending Lindsay, harping on about capitalism and then telling me to relax - I think you should take your own advice to be honest!
I said capitalism has done a number on some of you gals, I hardly harped on about capitalism, but whatever, my main issue was you leaving your nail tech because they are not breaking their b*ll*x or because they are telling you it’s an easy job 🤷‍♀️ But look this is derailing now I guess so we should probably leave it.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Court: I present you two triggered people.
I couldn’t be less triggered. Are you able to read?

I respect your opinion, but my point is you can't reduce mental trauma as a result of suicide down to having a 'sensitive disposition'. It's not as easy as that. I'm personally not going to avoid the internet because a phrase upsets me due to my life experience, but I'm also not going to pass up an opportunity to give people a different way of looking at things. If 2 other posters who have experienced suicide in the thread raised the issue before I chimed in then it's not an isolated feeling.

Years ago a girl went off at me before on a Facebook status because I used the word 'Junkie' in referring to some 'junkies' on the Luas. She was someone I hardly knew from school and I was so pissed off she'd shown ME up on social media when I meant literally nothing by it! Turns out her dad was a drug addict who had died and for her it was painful to see people throwing around the phrase "Junkie" to describe someone who was down and out in life. I'd never thought about that before and I had to put aside my own ego to think it was ever about me to begin with. She was just expressing pain at the way drug addicts were viewed based on her life experience. Now, I could have just ignored all that and called her a snowflake but for the sake of making her life and other people in her position's life a bit easier I just stopped using the word Junkie. It was very easy to do. Similar to how people don't say '******' anymore, or are more sensitive to how we talk about ethnicity.

The solution is you either take on someone's point and you decide that you're attached the phrase and you want to keep using it, or you think
'Didn't think about it like that, my desire to use it doesn't outweigh my desire to potentially not trigger someone, so next time I'll keep it in mind' -
It's not telling people to get off the internet or saying they probably haven't done enough therapy.
Not reading all of that, sorry! Im moving on.

Reactions: 13
Oh my god this bleeping thread today. Give us some drama Linds plzzz, cba with the capitalism/snowflake debates anymore 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 67
I said capitalism has done a number on some of you gals, I hardly harped on about capitalism, but whatever, my main issue was you leaving your nail tech because they are not breaking their b*ll*x or because they are telling you it’s an easy job 🤷‍♀️ But look this is derailing now I guess so we should probably leave it.
You did mention it in about 4 posts 🤷‍♀️ I was speaking hypothetically, I mentioned going to the GP as well as an example, it wouldn’t matter what profession I just think it was a crude comment and someone has every right to switch professional if they are not happy with a service or get on better with somebody else. Best to leave it now.

Reactions: 2
How about...we shouldn’t have to work ourselves to the bone to make good money but we can be a bit irked when someone brags about making lots of money for very little work 😅 can’t blame her taking advantage of the opportunity it’s just saying it.
As an aside if my nail gal told me she felt like she was doing duck all work I’d just be like ‘cool’ cos just cos she finds it easy doesn’t mean it is? If you were to compare like for like it would be your nail tech making thousands a month working a few hours per week 😂

Reactions: 3
I agree, back to the real juice!
Ok so what I am dying to know is will we EVER find out what happened? Surely someone knows someone who knows L or J! I think I’d sleep better at night….

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I agree, back to the real juice!
Ok so what I am dying to know is will we EVER find out what happened? Surely someone knows someone who knows L or J! I think I’d sleep better at night….
That’s the only reason I keep checking back (and then find myself getting into the discourse) but I’m starting to think we’ll never know, or if we do it was actually really boring

Reactions: 3
I finish a 12 hour shift to find the thread has decended into a snowflake showdown.

Wish there was an eyeroll reaction for posts. Fucks sake.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
My money is on that Jenny was offered a job elsewhere. Also, I am stuck in an annual membership and the more I read that discord XGalz group the more I want to cancel my membership but according Patreon it is up to the creator to offer refunds. So, if anyone out there has been able to cancel their annual subscription please let me know!

Reactions: 6
I've started listening to their very first pods on ItGalz again and it's really reminded me how they got so popular! Really witty, good craic banter, observationally gas, self depreciating, both open books (not just L, which i had previously thought)
Also, really not all that problematic and really helpful in a lot of ways for younger "galz" to hear eg how to deal with creepy insta guys, behaviour not to tolerate.

Mega hypocrisy from me as I've been all over the place judgment wise throughout this drama. They definitely had something really special at one point.

My money is on that Jenny was offered a job elsewhere. Also, I am stuck in an annual membership and the more I read that discord XGalz group the more I want to cancel my membership but according Patreon it is up to the creator to offer refunds. So, if anyone out there has been able to cancel their annual subscription please let me know!
What's the general consensus on discord?

Reactions: 6
Arguing with members, we're not here to fight each other either ignore a user or respectfully disagree - Please read our rules and why they're important
I still don’t see how your personal experiences make it not okay to use a phrase that has nothing to do with you or the other poster. It’s just your subjective interpretation of the phrase that you don’t like. The phrase itself has nothing to do with suicide and was not being used in that way on this forum. It’s a figure of speech, not a literal statement.
Nobody said the phrase couldn’t be used, all someone said was wow. Then someone asked why did you say wow? Then a few of us simply explained why the phrase makes us feel a certain way. No big deal guys honestly say what u want just be mindful x
Ps you’re literally dumb if you say the phrase has nothing to do with suicide. “Give her enough rope and she’ll hang herself” come on guys I’m not reaching here you can all see the mental image lol

Nobody said the phrase couldn’t be used, all someone said was wow. Then someone asked why did you say wow? Then a few of us simply explained why the phrase makes us feel a certain way. No big deal guys honestly say what u want just be mindful x
Ps you’re literally dumb if you say the phrase has nothing to do with suicide. “Give her enough rope and she’ll hang herself” come on guys I’m not reaching here you can all see the mental image lol

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Starting to think J was offered a job elsewhere or was starting a new podcast on the sly.. honestly though with the timeline it doesn't make sense, why all the new shows announced for this year if it was a premediated thing. Wonder will there be an update of some sort tomorrow

Reactions: 8
I finish a 12 hour shift to find the thread has decended into a snowflake showdown.

Wish there was an eyeroll reaction for posts. Fucks sake.
Same I'm trying to quickly read through the posts to catch up and I'm screaming at my phone Shut up shut up shut up no one cares!! 😂😂 So bleeping boring reading paragraphs about how someone is or isnt upset about something someone else said 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Honestly has to be the worst picture imaginable. Mad that people are pretending to not understand how that would affect some people but maybe they just don’t care lol

I haven’t been on my phone in hours but I’m still allowed reply you big freak 😂
you’ve got to be hella ignorant if you think that any of the people who aren’t taking your side haven’t lost people to suicide, suicide by hanging or attempted suicide/to hang themselves. I think we need to drop this topic however since this is NOT the purpose of this thread. I know I’ve contributed but goddam this thread is a mess!

moving on: I thought there was gonna be an update from Jenny today but it’s not looking like it. I wonder if that means they couldn’t come to an agreement 🤔

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.