Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

AliceInFunderland

Chatty Member
It will be interesting to see how they address the whole situation on Itgalz once the legal issues are sorted (so presumably tomorrow).

Side Note: Shout out to all the Xgalz on here who’ve been keeping us in the loop 😉

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Lalalaxxx

Can I just point out how willing Lindsay was to post content for the it galz community and how it was all about her followers but now it seems the financial incentive has been taken away and there is nothing. J has offered to upload any podcast L sent her but since there is no 12k on the line…. I understand that Lindsay is a single mam and she has every right to defend her income but it was deceitful and not genuine to come out all in support of the community of it galz as the main driving force for keeping on the pod

queenb96

I am the daughter of two extremely religious parents. I felt loved by them and had a mostly happy sheltered childhood, but I am also quite damaged emotionally from them. There's a lot of complicated feelings there in relation to stigam, guilt, needing their approval, not meeting their expectations, perfectionism, attachment etc etc. Lindsay's mam and dad's nice house doesn't really mean anything when she needed them not to fill her head with fire and brimstone bollix and forced her to marry her abusive ex.
What you described is the majority of traditional Irish catholic households, her two sisters seemed to have navigated life without drama and chaos, you can’t blame your parents/the way you were raised for all your mistakes and faults. Parents are never perfect and rarely emotionally satisfy their children, especially Irish parents who were emotionally stunted by their parents and the cycle goes back for generations. You either choose to let their shortcomings define you or you decide you will define your own life. Having trauma in your past doesn’t give you a free pass to be an irresponsible mother who craves drama and instability

• Heart

CherryMotel

Thoughts?
Feels a bit rich saying 'From a membership point of view, Xgals will continue from July' which basically reads like
'We have come to the agreement the day before the next billing period is due that we will still be taking our full July salary so no more of you cancel before then' Which is V handy for them both, especially when they're coming off a month of giving the Xgalz basically nothing for June and the Xgalz putting up with it. What does "from a membership point of view" mean in return for the subs exactly? What content can they expect for July? I think it'd just be more respectful to pause subs until they sort stuff out, personally.

Maybe some of the diehard XGalz can accept paying for another month of vague promises, but not me. I am personally cancelling that shizz.
It may only be €5 + VAT but it's the principal.

EDIT TO ADD: Jenny removed "co-host" from her bio on insta

Wildchild77

I agree, back to the real juice!
Ok so what I am dying to know is will we EVER find out what happened? Surely someone knows someone who knows L or J! I think I’d sleep better at night….

• Heart
Reactions: 28

sep12345

W

"Legal head" and first time poster here :geek::LOL: so in 2009 libel was abolished, it's just defamation now, and we actually don't have strict defamation laws at all :oops: quite the opposite, especially where the person who claims to have been defamed is a "public figure" such as either L or J. But anyway there are 8 defences to defamation in Ireland, one being where the alleged defamatory statement is the truth (because a statement can only be defamatory if it's a lie), and another being where the alleged defamatory statement was the honest opinion of the person who allegedly made it.

So basically it's really hard to prove defamation in general, but even more difficult where the person who claims to have been defamed is some sort of public figure, and then on top of that the defence of "honest opinion" is pretty much a catch-all so if L or J wanted to come out and tell us everything they definitely could - even if they couldn't really prove that what they say is true, they can rely on it being their honest opinion of what happened between the two.

• Heart

Andreaohmy2

Long time lurker here, new time poster. I just had to post, lol I know everyone will say it’s suspicious timing but yolo 😂 🤦🏻‍♀️
basically my friends cousin knows of the bf cause they’ve mutual friends in common. He apparently hates the blogging/podcast life and is super strict that she never mentions anything about him and hated her drinking and drugs and broke up with her over it. Now that she’s not drinking and not doing any tell all insta stories etc he’s seeing her again. Apparently that’s why Lindsay is being super private, sober and tight lipped about things. I’m not sure exactly what he does but is apparently mega rich (but duh we know that anyways from the pics she posted of the place) and has loads of access to lawyers hence she’s leaching off his contacts for legal advice about the podcast
I think youve confirmed what most people thought. Thank you! If this bf was censoring L then maybe J was thinking whats the point in continuing because thanks to this fucker we cant talk about the things that pulled the listeners in the first place. Thats probably why they sounded like they had their old dynamic in the Warroom episode because Davy Downer wasnt telling her what to say and what not to say so there was probably relief on J's behalf that he was gone. And fair enough sometimes if you're a bit wild a relationship can calm you down but completely change everything about yourself to keep someone who doesnt even like the authentic version of you interested?? Na sorry. Not " Girl Boss" behaviour at all.

snoopydoo123

I also just realised that if the story about getting an email regarding password change and suspicious activity was true- this email would have been received when it was changed (2 weeks ago).

Why has she only got on tonight after they have lost almost €1000 in Patreon pledges to say that on the FIRST of the month she hopes to have an update and vaguely hints at the prospect at the pod continuing. Yous must see through this too 🤦🏼‍♀️

(edit: I have enjoyed going along for the ride, saying all that)

• Haha

Roye13ce

Long time lurker here, new time poster. I just had to post, lol I know everyone will say it’s suspicious timing but yolo 😂 🤦🏻‍♀️
basically my friends cousin knows of the bf cause they’ve mutual friends in common. He apparently hates the blogging/podcast life and is super strict that she never mentions anything about him and hated her drinking and drugs and broke up with her over it. Now that she’s not drinking and not doing any tell all insta stories etc he’s seeing her again. Apparently that’s why Lindsay is being super private, sober and tight lipped about things. I’m not sure exactly what he does but is apparently mega rich (but duh we know that anyways from the pics she posted of the place) and has loads of access to lawyers hence she’s leaching off his contacts for legal advice about the podcast

SMRT

Do we really need to dissect Kerry Katona slurring on TV? V strange behaviour from L who is trying to get sober ffs
Yeah like I get cringe moments or catching out someone's dishonesty if they're faking a lip sync or being a bit of a prick. But can we leave ridiculing women with psychological and substance abuse problems in the past pls.

• Heart
Not going to lie I do find it funny that those who were on team Lindsay’s main argument was that Jenny doesn’t care about the listeners/Patrons and she can’t be bothered to update them however anyone who reads that Patreon post can clearly see that Jenny does care and was waiting for her moment to get the account back while also being careful from a legal sense. At the end of the day Jenny was the one who came up with the idea of It Galz and podcasting so Lindsay feeling like she could continue the brand on her own was never going to work, she should have just set up her own Patreon however as others pointed out she clearly was not prepared to lose more than half of their following. I would have understood Lindsay taking over It Galz/X Galz a bit more if Jenny did not want to continue the pod as she is settling down to get engaged, get a house etc so she may feel like she’s in a different stage of her life now, however from the looks of that post she seems to want to continue podcasting so Lindsay just completely and immaturely shut her out. It just makes me wonder what did they really fight about if it wasn’t about Jenny not wanting to continue the pod? It is a bit convenient timing with the end of the month and Jenny waiting until the 1st of July to clear things up however this couldn’t be a publicity stunt because it’s made Lindsay look so bad. I know Lindsay has no problem getting her hands dirty for attention/followers by getting into fights with fifteen year olds on Insta live but there’s a difference between that and locking your best friend and business partner out of your joint podcast venture?

• Heart

dipstick70

Or a hypocrite 🤔
I used to slag people like that and people who were really into exercise in general, looking back I’d say it probably came from being envious that it was something I felt I couldn’t do.
Not exactly a big fitness head now but having done the odd hike and started sea swimming a bit I lay off on the slagging because after being dragged to do them I enjoyed them!
I’d guess a lot of people are in the same boat especially with the pandemic cos a lot more people are trying activities like that

Reactions: 27

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
The way Jenny said she hopes to “reconnect with you very soon” makes me think she’s not done with podcasting yet..

snoopydoo123

Jesus I hope to god something dramatic happens in the next few days with the pod so this thread is not just a load of anon accounts arguing each other 🤣

• Haha