Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dipstick70

There is a screenshot?
Yeah but not of him actually saying anything to her. I’m not saying I completely don’t believe it cos people generally wouldn’t make things up out of nowhere (well actually, I’ve learnt lately they will) but there isn’t much to say without actual evidence yano

Reactions: 19

Flyakite2020

I find it hard to believe that it’s been coming for a while because I feel J (and don’t come at me for this please) has a bit more sense than to sell out a residency with someone she’s unsure of. L on the other hand would have no problem, she seems more impulsive.
I do think it could be that something came to light that happened in the past that one had been keeping from the other.. unforgivable backstabbing?
I agree with this, I think J is very sensible in that sense. Me personally, I always liked J better I know sometimes she’s a big know it all compared to L, but a lot of her interests are so similar to myself. The podcast she did about the dark web with Adam was brilliant and I would love to see her venture into something like that in the future!

dipstick70

Lol Tattlers are always so sus of people who don't want to blindly join in public crucifixion sessions or spend more than 30 seconds considering a more nuanced view of a situation. Lmao I somehow don't think Lindsay's sisters would be describing their family as a cult :ROFLMAO: While my above comment was sympathetic to L, I'm not unsympathetic to J - I just think she's more options available to her. No one deserves trial by tattle.life. People saying J to give L "more rope"... wow. You should take a long hard look in the mirror if you're saying this about people on the internet.
Genuine question, what about ‘more rope’ has made you say wow? It’s a fairly common phrase and I’m sure everyone here is aware exactly what it means, to stay quiet and let a person do damage themselves, nothing less and nothing more, are you taking a deeper meaning from it or? Of all the things that have been said about them on this thread using a figure of speech like that is a bit of a non-event...

• Heart

Brixt8

Do they not understand their own business model? If they abandon Itgalz, there will be no stream of new listeners, no one new to direct to xgalz, and eventually xgalz will drop off after they get bored/content goes to shit/no longer relate to what L will have to say (or if she gets cancelled)..
Only focusing on itgalz is like dipping into your own well instead of a flowing river, and it will eventually run dry. Bad idea

hinchoncoke

I sympathise and empathise with anyone who has experienced a tragic loss but I think if someone has that much of a sensitive disposition to the point where a simple turn of phrase triggers them then maybe the internet is not the best place for them. That’s all I’m going to say on it now.
OP here. My take is that L and her family are most definitely reading this thread. She's probably lost her livelihood and is suffering a large degree of public humiliation. I'm of the mind that people should practice some degree of safeguarding around egging people on to do things like that when they clearly aren't in a good place. Personally I am not "triggered" by it or anything else, but I work with vulnerable adults and know how this stuff plays out. A small bit of cop on is necessary. If a few people on the thread want to defend suicide analogies for some weird reason, that's up to them.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That’s really easy to say but in reality it’s actual hell. For ages I stayed in a toxic friend group but eventually realised that I would rather be alone than surrounded by people who were bad for me. But holy shit, when I left that group I was so so lonely. Like it took so long for me to be able to have the confidence to find new friends. It was really hard and I spiralled into such a deep depression. At points I really think I would have rather had shitty friends than being completely alone. Loneliness is honestly soul destroying. And the fact that you don’t know if you will ever find anyone who gets you is terrifying.
Luckily I’m grand now and have been able to find good friends but it took a lot of time and a lot of therapy. I do not envy anyone who has to go through that.
Not to derail from the topic but it’s so reassuring hearing someone else say that, it’s very close to home at the moment

whatever happened with them must have been very serious for them to not try and resolve the site thing especially with income involved. Money really is the root of all evil, I’d never want to work everyday with any of my friends never mind create a business with them

• Heart

alieneggs

I’m 99.99999% certain tattle is the reason they fell out. Previously, Lindsay would happily slander tattlers during these kinda situations; blaming them for whatever went wrong.
In this scenario (which would be most likely to have her blame us), tattle was not mentioned once. Could she feel ashamed or hypocritical to blame or criticise us after she’d been caught out doing the same thing?
I’d have a lot more respect for L if she opened up and told us honestly what happened, she’s opening herself up to a lot more judgement by saying nothing. She could use this as an opportunity to do a pod about mistakes and bettering oneself

CherryMotel

I sympathise and empathise with anyone who has experienced a tragic loss but I think if someone has that much of a sensitive disposition to the point where a simple turn of phrase triggers them then maybe the internet is not the best place for them. That’s all I’m going to say on it now.
I respect your opinion, but my point is you can't reduce mental trauma as a result of suicide down to having a 'sensitive disposition'. It's not as easy as that. I'm personally not going to avoid the internet because a phrase upsets me due to my life experience, but I'm also not going to pass up an opportunity to give people a different way of looking at things. If 2 other posters who have experienced suicide in the thread raised the issue before I chimed in then it's not an isolated feeling.

Years ago a girl went off at me before on a Facebook status because I used the word 'Junkie' in referring to some 'junkies' on the Luas. She was someone I hardly knew from school and I was so pissed off she'd shown ME up on social media when I meant literally nothing by it! Turns out her mam was a drug addict who had died and for her it was painful to see people throwing around the phrase "Junkie" to describe someone who was down and out in life. I'd never thought about that before and I had to put aside my own ego to think it was ever about me to begin with. She was just expressing pain at the way drug addicts were viewed based on her life experience. Now, I could have just ignored all that and called her a snowflake but for the sake of making her life and other people in her position's life a bit easier I just stopped using the word Junkie. It was very easy to do. Similar to how people don't say '******' anymore, or are more sensitive to how we talk about ethnicity.

The solution is you either take on someone's point and you decide that you're attached the phrase and you want to keep using it, or you think
'Didn't think about it like that, my desire to use it doesn't outweigh my desire to potentially not trigger someone, so next time I'll keep it in mind' -
It's not telling people to get off the internet or saying they probably haven't done enough therapy.

Last edited:
  • Heart