Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Inthehousebored

Would be great if they paused memberships in the meantime until their ‘announcement’. Taking money for no content at this stage

Reactions: 20

Smg12

Chatty Member
She obviously has seen Jenny make the good decision to not charge anyone, realised how bad it looks that she was continuing to take everyone’s money while she had full control, and is damage controlling now by saying it wasn’t actually Jenny’s decision

That’s really easy to say but in reality it’s actual hell. For ages I stayed in a toxic friend group but eventually realised that I would rather be alone than surrounded by people who were bad for me. But holy shit, when I left that group I was so so lonely. Like it took so long for me to be able to have the confidence to find new friends. It was really hard and I spiralled into such a deep depression. At points I really think I would have rather had shitty friends than being completely alone. Loneliness is honestly soul destroying. And the fact that you don’t know if you will ever find anyone who gets you is terrifying.
Luckily I’m grand now and have been able to find good friends but it took a lot of time and a lot of therapy. I do not envy anyone who has to go through that.

Same!
I also had a friendship breakup with a toxic group of friends years ago and honestly the relief of being done with them (in particular one girl who was very chaotic and high maintenance, similar to Lindsay) was amazing. However, I wasn’t fully on my own and never felt lonely because I have a lovely and supportive boyfriend who is like a best friend to me too. Jenny is in a similar situation with Evan so hopefully the loneliness won’t be too much for her, she will be able to make new friends and connections through Evan.

• Heart

Diskochikk

I’m pretty sure it was all centred around Lindsay and Jimmy’s relationship. There’s an episode about it, from what I remember basically Lindsay brought him everywhere and her and Jenny never got alone/friendship time, he didn’t really like Jenny and it all escalated.
History could be repeating itself with this Dave fella 🤔

orla1989

I feel like Jenny is going to be very lonely when the dust settles.
I think she can wing it with the Roz's of the world for a night or weekend but she's losing her absolute core group of girls, that's devastating really.
yes😭😭😭 tbh a best friend break up is torturous and it’s not talked about enough. I had a huge falling out with my best friend 2 years ago and it knocked me for 6, it’s sad to see it happening to J and L

ahtisyourself

VIP Member
I see your point and of course people are free to use whatever phrases they want. Unfortunately you can do years of therapy and all it takes is for you to read 'give someone enough rope and they'll hang themselves' for you to be right back to one of the worst days of your life. I don't think that's a failing on the part of the person who hasn't got enough therapy that they're "that triggered by it" It's not that black and white. Human brains are complex machines and unfortunately you never get closure from suicide. It absolutely destroys you.

That definitely does not mean people have to censor themselves around you - words are words, but nothing wrong with also letting people know there's a connotation to the phrase that they probably didn't think of. It's up to them then to do with that information what they will.
I sympathise and empathise with anyone who has experienced a tragic loss but I think if someone has that much of a sensitive disposition to the point where a simple turn of phrase triggers them then maybe the internet is not the best place for them. That’s all I’m going to say on it now.

Jenny was already changing and growing.
She has much more eclectic and diverse interests and seems to know all different types of people whereas Lindsay seems to really only have one "type" of friend she looks up to.

Even her style was quietly changing way before Lindsay made a big thing about changing her style and made it into this big "Thing That She Was Doing".

Although I do think Jenny will be lonely to begin with i actually think this split could be the making of her.

irishgirlo

Cringes me to my core that L is reposting her "support" - a bunch of hanger ons that will bite her hand off to get on an episode of the podcast 🙄

Reactions: 19

Jellybb

VIP Member
What are the galz on discord saying about potentially having kneevo on the pod? 🤣🤣🤣 I think it’s hilarious they are so anti kneevo! Good on them!

• Haha

snoopydoo123

Yous are all going to hate me...
BUT
Some things I find strange/ coincidental:

1. Why has the show not been cancelled or bookers contacted? Surely this would be the first course of action

2. Why is L still advertising it on her feed and why are tickets still for sale. And why did they call it ItGalz: ON THE EDGE?

3. Why the night of J’s big announcement is L surrounded by both of her sisters for a cosy night in alone, looks very timely (maybe to have support while messages of love for Jenny flow in)

4. The reaction of their closest friends. This one may seem silly but... their closest have either made light hearted comments (Balding being the next itgal question) or allude that there is something coming (see J’s posts comments). We can naturally assume that their friends would be informed on what’s really going on

5. Jenny’s vague “I hope to reconnect with you all very soon”...with what? Another lift selfie? Hmm

Lol maybe it’s just the conspiracist in me or I don’t want to let go of the pod drama but I’m still thinking it seems staged, considering everything about it is sooo vague (the legal shit doesn’t excuse ALL of the vagueness!)
I think when there is an official update on the live show I will face the music but until then have my tin foil hat on 😅

• Haha

DailyGlitter

Never liked Jenny on the podcast but have to say I feel bad for her and think she has been professional to this point.

She is probably better off without Lindsay in the long run.

• Heart

CherryMotel

I think the "sure it's only a few euro" mentality has made them quite rich. Take your hard-earned money and spend in on yourself, put it to a charity or fund deserving creators
Tbh the whole “it’s only €5 a month” thing everyone has been throwing around is also a bit dull... €5 for one person but collectively it is quite a substantial amount of money for a deteriorating product

Exactly!! Haha “it’s only a pint!” A whole lotta pints for €12k 😅

True that actually! I know when I was 18 my last fiver would have been funding a whole night out 😹 easy to forget the value of money.

• Heart

CherryMotel

The posts complaining about how annoyed people are about the previous discussions are now taking up as much space as the previous discussions 🤷‍♀️

I am wondering when Lindsay and Jenny signed that contract for the live shows if at least one of them had a gut feeling it was a bad idea. How raging would you be that you didn't listen to your gut? If they cancel them all now, they'd still owe the venue money for the space rental surely? 😬
Seems like a bad situ to be in.

Just to be clear, J wasn't lead down a stray path, she's an extremely astute business person and was mates with L prior to the pod. Prior to starting the pod they'd fallen out and didn't speak for a number of years. J knew that L being explosive is entertaining and was happy to build a career around packaging that for the consumption of others. Everyone gives J a considerable amount of sympathy here for professionally handling the situation, but consider that the product they were selling was L's life and what that means.

L's clearly a vulnerable person with a massive audience. Her life and all its ups and downs are broadcast in a very public way while J's are not. J could quietly disappear and take up another career, L's career is sharing her entire life online. She is fully locked in to doing this and will never have a normal job, even if she wanted to. Sure she didn't have the same financial difficulties other single mothers have, but she's had an extremely emotionally difficult life. She's grown up in a super strict born again cult. She was basically forced into an arranged marriage at 19 to a shithead who didn't want anything to do with his son. She was robbed of a normal adolescence and adulthood, and her own agency. Despite it all she's come out being able to make light of this and tell her story in a funny and compelling way. Sure J handled all the mechanics of running the podcast, but Itgalz is intrinsically about L's life. It's her ups and downs that's the heart of the show. So it makes sense for L to buy J out and continue it on.
Ah come on give it a rest. If it was a teen or woman in her early 20s we where talking about I'd understand but a woman her age should know better. At what stage can you stop blaming your past and take responsibility for your future. There's not one person here with a history or drama in their childhood but most grown women look inwards in their late 20s and early 30s and make changes or do counselling etc. Lindsay has spend her entire life blaming everyone else but herself, its time she took a long hard look at herself and grew up. It's like fuckin Peter pan syndrome a sullen teen who expects everything to be handed to her (like it has all her life). She's in panic mode now because she might actually have to work for her living for the first time ever. All well and good having the content and sharing your stories but if you don't have the brains and the work ethic to get it out there then it's worth nothing. If she was confident in her abilities she would have cut all ties, hung up the itgalz title and started her own new podcast 2 weeks ago when she might have had people follow for the gossip. All she had done is alienated her listeners for her greed. Jenny knew if she gave her enough rope....

Can I add, I don't have it in for Lindsay, she is the reason I started following them, I loved the drama etc. If anything I feel very sorry for her, she's lost but I really think this should be a wake up call for her