Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

huckleberry123

J mentioned on her latest livestream that she got offered a “tonne” of money to do live shows for both the Olympia and Vicar St in October but she turned them down because she thought the podcast needed to find its feet a bit more before jumping into live shows

• Wow
Reactions: 29

wethaexgalz

Chatty Member
As the months go on L really seems like someone who has truly never had to feel the consequences of her actions. She seems to have been coddled and bailed out at every turn and probably had her victimhood reaffirmed for years now. Fair play to J for standing up to her and sueing her anyway.

nothing like a lawsuit for a taste of humble pie 🤣

• Heart

wethaexgalz

Chatty Member
Lol at lindsey saying she’s been writing the show for a year when it mostly consists of the same shite talk she’s been spouting for years: sexualising women who use tampons, saying using tampons makes you “gapped”, anal sex etc etc… her sexual insecurities are palpable

• Wow
  • Sick

heyyyyitsme

Chatty Member
Call me basic, but I enjoy seeing people's Spotify wrapped. Gives me ideas for music/podcasts. I'd say it does sting a little for Lindsay though cuz they would have had a lot of people tagging It Galz in their top podcasts of the year last year.

Lana.lee

Chatty Member
Long time reader, first time commenter 🙈 I tried to listen to the free red room episode but found it incredibly boring. I find it strange how J is maintaining such large subscription numbers with this type of content. Especially since her pool of followers would have been it galz listeners. I had been considering subscribing in the new year as money is tight for us around Christmas but after listening and being bored senseless I can’t bear to. Also feel I don’t have to since she’s taking in close to 8k a month. I possibly would have supported her even after listening to the free episode if she didn’t have as many subscribers. I’d love to know from listeners of RR what the pull is and why they think it’s doing so well. Surely it can’t just be a sympathy subscription? I subscribe to unpopular opinion and it galz on and off as I like supporting all the girls but have been scratching my head as to why RR is trumping them all. It’s brilliant for J but I find it mind boggling. No hate intended whatsoever just genuinely curious.
Clearly it's just not your thing. There is huge interest in the topics J is covering. J made it clear from the very start that Red Room was not going to be anything like Itgalz and that she would not be discussing her personal life either.
To be honest it's not totally my thing either - there are a few episodes that I found fascinating but others I struggle to follow.
People are definitely not subscribing out of 'sympathy'. J's podcasts are well produced and it's clear she does her research. She is on time with episodes, puts up livestreams as well as being interactive on the Discord.

I'm confused as to why the amount of subscribers to RedRoom would put you off subscribing?

Reactions: 28

louloulou12345

Oh sure didnt she say that she gets paid a lot for very little work when the girls were still together. Well it must have been since J did everything, her tune has changed now and she cant manage a basic pod once a week.
Omg thissss!!! She really did say that. Fully telling on herself there.
Have to say, fair fucking play to J for leaving and starting her own thing. Now she works only for herself and gets to reap the full benefits, instead of doing all the work while getting half the pay and all the stick on Tattle. Oh how the tables have turned.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

distraught007

I feel like Lindsay has went from being the equivalent of being the irish equivalent of a cool influencer like Sofia Franklyn in 2019 to Joanne Cronin level in 2021.

Actually it's insulting for Joanne to be compared to her. At least Joanne has never made a 50 slide long defamation about on someone on instagram.

Most of her slide down the cool-to-cringe scale can be attributed to a) her trying to destroy her friend and meet fans in a park, b) her desperation, c) her new whiny voice and SAYING. FOOOOKING. ALL. THE. FOOOOOKING. TIME. d) her weird ex boyfriend. E) I. AM. FOOOOOKING. MARMALADE. JAYNE. I. AM. A. FOOOOOKING. COMEDIAN. f) her association with other massive Dublin irritants such as Karla and Claire. G) when she said her hoover was judging her. H) when she fake cried on a vlog and put screenshots on her story. I) the Zine. J) voter fraud. K) I. AM. SO. FUHHHUHHUKING. SICK. YOU. GUYSUH.

Did we all start as fans and now we just watch for the cringe? Are some of her fans just trolling her at this stage?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She wants to be Amy Winehouse so bad it makes me cringe. You're a middle class single mum from a naice area of Dublin who says things like 'my awrse looks good today'

Not a genuinely troubled soul with addiction problems and a wonderful voice. Sit down sis x

wethaexgalz

Chatty Member
Nope, still there
That persons reply is the embodiment of someone drinking Ls kool aid 🤣 claiming they have “more empathy and patience than some on here” and claiming L has been “slandered” on discord (another person who needs to read the definition of slander). If L was in the middle of a mental health crisis she wouldn’t be out on the sesh in Krystal come on like hahaha

• Haha

mesmer

How embarrassing, when the venue tells you you're not funny ha. She is so greedy, only cares about the cash. The only thing to soften her cough was the threat of her money being cut off. She doesn't care about who she offended or upset. She is a sociopath.

Lalalaxxx

I just wanna say that being engaged isn't 'having your shit together'. It's not an achievement and anyone can do it. J and E have only been together 2 or so years which is absolutely nothing. I noticed more basic lad types once they hit 35 plus start proposing. Basic men are very concerned with and affected by these arbitrary 'milestones' as much as basic women. It is a bullshit status thing. Often, the woman is super surprised which is insane, as they didn't discuss it previously and they 'had no idea'. Yikes!
Also, the idea of a guy buying his partner an engagement ring when so many of us couples are trying to save for a mortgage in this neo-liberal shithole that is Ireland is foolish and insane. I hate the narcissism and clout involved in it all...the insta photos, the showing off/talking about 'The Ring'. Maybe this is a VERY unpopular opinion haha!
If somebody is together 6, 8,10, 12, 14 years, amazing. And you never have to be engaged or married.
I don’t think E knew he had to solve the housing crisis before he proposed lol. You are projecting!

Lalaletmetellyou

Chatty Member
I wonder how the lawsuit will end up? I know the fallout was bad but I really couldn’t see Jenny being comfortable taking Lindsay to the cleaners if it negatively affects the kids lives which it would
Why not?
It's business and Lindsay is responsible for her kids, not Jenny

Jellybb

VIP Member
More time off planned hmm
Ah here, this woman is just going around in circles. I think it’s time she re-evaluate her career choices because taking breaks every 3 weeks due to mental health OBVIOUSLY isn’t great! Either get a new co-host and rebrand or fuck off with the pathetic excuses every 3 weeks. Sorry now but it’s getting pathetic at this stage.

roseoftralee

Would agree with previous posters that "mutton dressed as lamb" is a lowest common denominator slag, no offense to anyone who uses it or anything. Men never have to deal with such comments, even when they are dressed in "young people clothes". Feel like it's a phrase deeply entrenched in misogyny. Feel free to change my mind though.

However, that aside - I do feel like Lindsay hanging out with people in their 20s is not surprising given the rent crisis in Dublin. I don't have kids, am in my 30s and find myself out with people 5-10 years younger than me, most of whom are still living at home. The housing crisis has forced all my friends who were my age outside the city/country. There's a real gap of people in their 30s in Dublin now. It's actually mad. Was on my mates hinge the other day and it's slim pickings for Dublin willy in the 30 age gap too. So I've honestly no beef with people hanging out with those younger or older than them if they wanna sesh. Sorry this post isn't more judgemental, I will try harder in future. Xxx

taponthedoor

I still don’t understand her excuse about how she struggles with scheduling. Tuesdays are for the pod upload and Fridays are for the vlog. The kids are in school, she has a cleaner, and she has family to help every aspect of her life. It doesn’t sound too hard to me.