Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lalalaxxx

Would agree with previous posters that "mutton dressed as lamb" is a lowest common denominator hag, no offense to anyone who uses it or anything. Men never have to deal with such comments, even when they are dressed in "young people clothes". Feel like it's a phrase deeply entrenched in misogyny. Feel free to change my mind though.

However, that aside - I do feel like Lindsay hanging out with people in their 20s is not surprising given the rent crisis in Dublin. I don't have kids, am in my 30s and find myself out with people 5-10 years younger than me, most of whom are still living at home. The housing crisis has forced all my friends who were my age outside the city/country. There's a real gap of people in their 30s in Dublin now. It's actually mad. Was on my mates hinge the other day and it's slim pickings for Dublin willy in the 30 age gap too. So I've honestly no beef with people hanging out with those younger or older than them if they wanna sesh. Sorry this post isn't more judgemental, I will try harder in future. Xxx
Hmmm I’m not sure about the housing crisis being the cause of L still hanging out with younger pals. Most people in their thirties can’t sesh on south William street with her as they have full time jobs to turn up to, kids, partner. Also as someone who is near enough to 30 street drinking with a bunch of 20 somethings sounds like my idea of hell personally 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36

turtle time

She has really had the worst year I've seen from an influencer.

Covid denying, cheating on first bf, fighting on lives with teenagers, ditching her son for new fella, couldn't hack the dog, dumped and turfed out by her new bf, friendship breakdown, falling out of favour with her fans, subscribers plummeting, changing her life for bf again, making enemies with promoters, second dumping from bf, lawsuit and in all likelihood a business that won't make it to Q2 next year.

I get why she's stressed. The public sympathy she usually gets is on it's last legs and now she has to face the consequences of her own actions. Probably has never been faced with that before.

• Sad
Reactions: 35
Maybe J just has better style tho? Imagine L doing that closet tour now…so these are my denim Levi’s and boob tubes…and over here we have my shawl

• Haha
Reactions: 35

wethaexgalz

Chatty Member
Did anyone notice in Ls pod she said on multiple occasions “the token black”… how the fuck does she think it’s in any way acceptable to speak about POC like that?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I can't believe she's taking off another month. She literally has nothing else to do while the kids are in school. She could easily build up episodes over the next few weeks by recording three a week. I work at home full time, I'm studying for exams, have my two young children here after school, a dog to walk and a house to clean, my parents don't leave near by so I've no support. When I've bad days I just have to get on with it. In fact I find sticking to a structure helps the most with anxiety. Honestly, the privilege, unbelievable.

• Heart
Reactions: 34

taponthedoor

I don’t understand this obsession with having a huge group of close friends. We’ve seen Jenny with a lot of consistent friends. Many happen to live abroad. Lindsay seems to have a big group of acquaintances and close friends. When you’re in your 30s you get busy and have a life and family and can’t be cruising around the town like you did in college. It’s a thing that your friend group narrows as you get older.

Reactions: 33

heyyyyitsme

Chatty Member
I listened to an old ep of It Galz the other day where they mused if men and women can have a platonic friendship. Lindsay said absolutely not, one is always low key in love with the other. Now it's a few years old and we are all perfectly able to grow and change our opinions but it definitely made me think of Pete and Lindsay. I think he is a very decent person and sweet on her. And she is taking advantage of that. I also think if this is the case she may get very jealous once he meets someone who realises what a catch he is. Cue their fall out.

Reactions: 33

louloulou12345

Honestly I agree with what she said. There are plenty of comedians who are really offensive, if that is the style she’s going for, go for it.
She’s not a comic, she’s a podcaster. Her audience are from her podcast, not her “comedy”. She should stay in her lane cause her “comedy” is a shitshow

• Heart
Reactions: 32

wethaexgalz

Chatty Member
We all said this and all knew… but good god did she try to change her style for that guy.
She should go back to it, that dress is one of the tackiest things I’ve ever seen and just does not suit her at all. The worst part is her pretending she doesn’t like it but in actuality you could tell she was only dyyyyyying for a compliment in it

• Haha

Lana.lee

Chatty Member
Nah, no esoteric vocabulary in that post, but the point you’re trying to make is clear. The post is too well written for your tastes, and you believe your standard of literacy to be the standard.
Oh my God, get off your high horse 🙄 😂😂😂

Back to the thread - L doesn't seem to be with her sisters a huge amount anymore? I know Sarah is in Spain, but Fiona doesn't feature on her stories as much anymore.

Ha! You’re the one accusing me of “swallowing a Thesaurus”. Now you’re gaslighting, or is that too obscure a concept for you too?
'Gaslighting?' Calm down.
I told you to get off your high horse as you are attempting to belittle me by commenting on my 'standard of literacy,' when in reality you have no idea who you are speaking to.

Get over it, and yourself 😂

Now, can we please get back to the thread?...

Last edited:

Hayuu

I think someone who is attending the show tonight is bringing a tinder date with them, not L

Reactions: 31

taponthedoor

Oh Lindsay… Lindsay Lindsay. You want to be a comedian who has the right to be offensive and you get mad when people are offended. You are a big dummy.

She’s so out of touch with reality. She won’t accept any feedback because it’s bullying. She says she’s open to debate but won’t accept any ‘of this constructive criticism’ or negativity. So no, L, you are not open to debate. She’s so thin skinned. She’s really shown her nasty colors on this podcast. She will not succeed online or as a comedian (cuz she’s not a comedian first of all) if she is this defensive and angry and pissy over some reasonable comments on a fecking product that they bought and invested in!!

L really should ditch the social media and get a 9-5. She needs a reality check.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

louloulou12345

What’s wrong about commenting on tv shows having a token black character for the sake of racial diversity? I haven’t listened to the ep so maybe I’m missing some context.
The issue is referring to a black person as “a black” or “the token black” it’s dehumanising and ignorant.

• Wow
Reactions: 30