It Galz #12 L spent all the Itgalz money, leave the jokes to someone funny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Edel is very good at writing but holding onto all that after all these years and then writing about them online, (a trait for which she is critical of in the piece). I just think people in glass houses and all that.
To be fair, it was on a private email list, not a public blog or magazine. I think the idea with Tiny Letter is to actually give writers protection from their pieces being publicly scrutinized and to test out pieces before they bring them to the public. So I'm not sure I agree with the implication that the piece was made to publicly write about them online. I doubt it was the writer's intention for it to be reposted unabridged on a public forum.

Reactions: 11
To be fair, it was on a private email list, not a public blog or magazine. I think the idea with Tiny Letter is to actually give writers protection from their pieces being publicly scrutinized and to test out pieces before they bring them to the public. So I'm not sure I agree with the implication that the piece was made to publicly write about them online. I doubt it was the writer's intention for it to be reposted unabridged on a public forum.
Completely fair. I didn't know the platform. She has got a talent for writing.

Reactions: 1
What did I just read 🤣 sorry but that just seems so fantastical and I think she gives the girls a bit too much credit. Are they both chronically online? Yes and they’ve never really pretended not to be. It’s giving me Natalie and Caroline Calloway energy 🤣🤣🤣
I can't speak for Jenny but Lindsay is ALWAYS online.

Reactions: 7
Yeah I think the fact that it only came up now means it was pretty private. Don’t get me wrong I’m delighted the tea was spilled but I feel a bit bad that it got shared here. Seems like it was written for a private audience of friends etc.

Reactions: 4
But she has the piece public on her own website/archive?! I was able to find it very fast just through IG

Reactions: 7
I think it’s ‘old friends, new drama’ on x Galz
I vaguely remember this ep. 2 sides to every story but has to be the same girl. What was the “new drama”? Was this released at a stage where they had kinda stopping doing personal eps and then did one which was back to their old ways a bit more.
Kinda rich holding on to stuff from early 20s though. Weren’t we all fairly attention seeking back then in some way 🤪 I’m just glad tik Tok wasn’t around when I was that age

Reactions: 5
I also find it strange that she is so critical of the girls for posting their lives online but (as far as I can remember from that ep/their references over the years) she is/was good friends and roommates with James Kavanagh? I think James is gas, but he has commodified his life and documented it online more than most people I’m aware of.

Reactions: 8
I do think it’s kind of iconic to have an old friend writing about you as if you are a celeb

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I do think it’s kind of iconic to have an old friend writing about you as if you are a celeb
Thought the same 🤣 kinda shows the galz legacy. Major Caroline Calloway parallels and sure she sold the story to Netflix right?! Imagine a show about the it galz I’d actually eat it up 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 12
Thought the same 🤣 kinda shows the galz legacy. Major Caroline Calloway parallels and sure she sold the story to Netflix right?! Imagine a show about the it galz I’d actually eat it up 🤣🤣🤣
The story of It Galz in the style of Fade St. Hook it to my veins.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
This is random but is the table L has her tv on the same as the table in Js hallway?

Reactions: 2
I also find it strange that she is so critical of the girls for posting their lives online but (as far as I can remember from that ep/their references over the years) she is/was good friends and roommates with James Kavanagh? I think James is gas, but he has commodified his life and documented it online more than most people I’m aware of.
James isn’t awful about other people, and doesn’t adopt a mean gal persona. That’s the difference I’m sure.

Reactions: 5
James isn’t awful about other people, and doesn’t adopt a mean gal persona. That’s the difference I’m sure.
I agree but my point was just commenting on the multiple times she made the point of the girls being “chronically online” as a negative thing.
I fail to see anything this version of J&L have “done” bar calling the Garda on a party which at the most is just childish and bitter. The more I think of it the weirder the piece was tbh, although well written and entertaining.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.