It Galz #11 E lost his pods, J on her tod, L on the sesh, xgals is a fraud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When they first started, I felt like maybe J had listened to an amazing podcast called Guys We Fucked and gotten the idea. Its my favourite podcast, run by two actual comedians based in NYC and it’s been running for 7 or 8 years. They walked so itgalz could run but itgalz didn’t take things to the same level. GWF is on luminary now (paywalled) but im pretty sure there’s still years worth of free podcasts (wherever you get your podcasts) before they made the move to luminary. Highly recommend!! I pay for luminary purely for them.
Excellent podcast: I agree. But I stopped listening after they moved to Luminary - I thought listeners in ROI couldn't access it, so thanks for that!

Reactions: 3
Extremely long time lurker, first time poster but I actually liked Lindsay's video and think it's makes sense for her to do vlogs seeing how she's literally a PhD scholar on YouTubers. She's visual, expressive and it's a medium she's comfortable with. I think her video takes cues more from camp Moncrieff than Jenny. Jenny loves a very slick video, and she loves being in control of every aspect of it, which is very Tarmar, who she's open about trying to emulate. I think there's room for all types of vloggers on YouTube and I look forward to both of them forging new styles on it. With Lindsay, she started doing funny Instagram stories before itgalz and built up a presence there, so going full YouTube vlogger is a natural progression.

From a PR point of view, I'd tell Lindsay to hang in there. I'm watching Azealia Banks rebuild her career after being cancelled years ago and she's making great music while enjoying being a more low key celebrity.

Speaking of low key, I think the next thread should leave Jenny out of it as I feel like Jenny has stepped away from the types of public personas which are discussed here and is operating more on a micro influencer level now. Constantly comparing Lindsay and Jenny has become a stick to beat both of them with. Their partnership is over and they're both individual people now. Interested to hear what others feel about it of course.

• Sick
Reactions: 22
I mean it’s no mystery why Jenny would feel she was the understudy. It was said on here pretty constantly at a stage. And on other gossip pages before. There’s an episode where they discussed it ages ago
Exactly.

The fact that they don't have separate threads on here is evidence of a lot of people still feeling that way, imo. So much of what is said about Jenny is said in relation to Lindsay. I'm not sure how much interest there would be if Jenny had a thread of her own.

Reactions: 7
I think they will too. They seem to have fallen in and out with each other before
I don’t think so. Seems like this time they have fallen out because of L’s fella. This whole email saga of receipts that L has mentioned, that wasn’t even about her (can only guess it was about him) They fell out over Jimmy in their last fallout. Someone who keeps choosing problematic men over their best friend doesn’t deserve another chance. I doubt Jenny will put herself in that position again. “Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.” And then, the Instagram post that has been found to be full of lies about J to her 40k (at the time) followers. There’s no coming back from that kinda attempted witch hunt. L really put the nail in the coffin. I know E hates L now too, thinks she’s a basket case narcissist. Heard that from a friend who’s mates with him.

Excellent podcast: I agree. But I stopped listening after they moved to Luminary - I thought listeners in ROI couldn't access it, so thanks for that!
It took a while, but it’s open to irish people now! Get stuck in ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Extremely long time lurker, first time poster but I actually liked Lindsay's video and think it's makes sense for her to do vlogs seeing how she's literally a PhD scholar on YouTubers. She's visual, expressive and it's a medium she's comfortable with. I think her video takes cues more from camp Moncrieff than Jenny. Jenny loves a very slick video, and she loves being in control of every aspect of it, which is very Tarmar, who she's open about trying to emulate. I think there's room for all types of vloggers on YouTube and I look forward to both of them forging new styles on it. With Lindsay, she started doing funny Instagram stories before itgalz and built up a presence there, so going full YouTube vlogger is a natural progression.

From a PR point of view, I'd tell Lindsay to hang in there. I'm watching Azealia Banks rebuild her career after being cancelled years ago and she's making great music while enjoying being a more low key celebrity.

Speaking of low key, I think the next thread should leave Jenny out of it as I feel like Jenny has stepped away from the types of public personas which are discussed here and is operating more on a micro influencer level now. Constantly comparing Lindsay and Jenny has become a stick to beat both of them with. Their partnership is over and they're both individual people now. Interested to hear what others feel about it of course.
I agree on L hanging in there in terms of people coming back around to her favourably. But as I said before she needs to move on from the “must destroy J” narrative and focus on herself. The internet is cyclical and people love a redemption arc. I’m unsure if she’ll be able to build a financial success like it galz again but open to being proven wrong on that.

I’d argue Jenny seems to consume more YouTube than L just from what I’ve heard over the years with their references. But agree L talking to camera is her comfort zone. The crying was just too much for me personally.

In terms of a separate thread I get what you mean but I think even if the thread is technically a Lindsey thread people will still bring up Jenny cause they were associated with each other for so long

Reactions: 15
When they first started, I felt like maybe J had listened to an amazing podcast called Guys We Fucked and gotten the idea. Its my favourite podcast, run by two actual comedians based in NYC and it’s been running for 7 or 8 years. They walked so itgalz could run but itgalz didn’t take things to the same level. GWF is on luminary now (paywalled) but im pretty sure there’s still years worth of free podcasts (wherever you get your podcasts) before they made the move to luminary. Highly recommend!! I pay for luminary purely for them.
I really miss those girls now that they are paywalled. Though didn’t one of them go out with a guy that didn’t want to be talked about either ? But it was so good when they started out

Reactions: 1
In terms of a separate thread I get what you mean but I think even if the thread is technically a Lindsey thread people will still bring up Jenny cause they were associated with each other for so long
I hear you. I reckon just omitting J's name from the thread title, but letting the discussions refer back to her and previous situations is the right thing to do. She's no longer an active character in L's present narrative or in the itGalz narrative, in the same way Jimmy isn't. She seems to have made a concerted effort to move forward and live her life quite differently. Obviously if J ever does become a famous person again, start a new thread for her. It seems like she is more focused on a special interest podcast than living a very public life. I think the buzz on Tattle should be if people step back from celebrity or an influencer lifestyle, we should stop making them main character at least on thread titles. 🤔

Reactions: 12
I really miss those girls now that they are paywalled. Though didn’t one of them go out with a guy that didn’t want to be talked about either ? But it was so good when they started out
I recall maybe Corrine briefly dating someone who asked her to leave him out of the podcast, but I think he was a public figure. It was short lived either way.
I love their format, starting with a listeners email, talking about themselves and their news/craic and then a really interesting guest, either a guy they’ve fucked or other comics, or experts in various fields. It’s *chefs kiss* I always find other great podcasts through them too. A lot of Comics do great podcasts!
But GWF did big breakup episodes (fellas not themselves) and I remember when J and L did theirs, thinking J must have gotten the idea from that.

Reactions: 5
I hear you. I reckon just omitting J's name from the thread title, but letting the discussions refer back to her and previous situations is the right thing to do. She's no longer an active character in L's present narrative or in the itGalz narrative, in the same way Jimmy isn't. She seems to have made a concerted effort to move forward and live her life quite differently. Obviously if J ever does become a famous person again, start a new thread for her. It seems like she is more focused on a special interest podcast than living a very public life. I think the buzz on Tattle should be if people step back from celebrity or an influencer lifestyle, we should stop making them main character at least on thread titles. 🤔
I think fair taking her off this thread title in the future but she’s definitely in no way taken a step back from public life. Her starting her YT is arguably the most public she’s been on social media.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just watched some of the vlog.. master manipulator is at it again 😴 if she’s genuinely that upset she needs to take a step back and get help.
I can’t take some of the things she’s saying seriously, it’s like she’s taking the piss..“I’m not good with months and times”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
No L’s vlog surely must be a joke, she’s weeping about how she feels ganged up on??? You can’t play the victim when you’ve pissed off so many of your customers. This isn’t a group of your mates who are bullying you about a free podcast. They are PAYING customers who have extremely valid questions and criticisms about the way you’re running your business. She really needs to understand that people aren’t trying to bully her or make her feel awful, it’s genuine constructive criticism?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
If the threads going forward are L's with the title focused on her and just mentions of J within the thread she will be fuming 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I don’t think L is actually crying over the “hate” she’s getting online because a) it’s mostly constructive criticism which she might not agree with but it’s not something that would make you very emotional (like a pure hate filled attack on your appearance would?) and b) she’s gone through so many scandals online that seemed to just wash over her it would be weird to be SO effected now. I genuinely think the only thing she’s upset about is the fact she based so much of her self worth on the fact that she was the star of itgalz and she was the one who kept people listening and now she just has to face the fact that J was the more popular one because the Patreon numbers are black and white and I think that’s what’s driving her insane. Like she can spin the online criticism to make herself feel like a victim but she can’t deny J essentially won the breakup
I think you hit the nail on the head and I think it explains why she's so focused on tattle and what's said about her here. I honestly think her focus is trying to get this thread to flip back to favouring her over J and she won't be happy until that happens. I'd guess given how she said she didn't mind when J would get hate here that she got a lot of confidence and self worth out of being compared to J and coming out top and she's not getting that any more

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She has to spin everything in a way that makes her the victim. She could have gotten qualifications through the years. Plenty of single mothers do it, and she’s had way more help than most. She still can now! Her kids are in school and there are night courses too.
The way she goes on in that vlog about having guests on and her obsession with tattle. Like Jesus Christ. It only affects you if you read it, and I honestly can’t remember people really ripping into anyone since the split? She gives tattle so much life and importance.
The comments about Shauna were to do with L’s lack of editing and here she is calling people classist 🙄🙄🙄 and her other example with etain —she wasn’t a podcast guest, but she was posting L’s apartment like a fan girl. People called her young. Hardly an insult. More of an insult to L not hanging with people her own age.
Then going on about wanting to meet people after shows to see what direction the pod should go.. like have you not been reading all the suggestions on Patreon and discord and even here?! I’ve seen really bloody sound advice, all from listeners and ex listeners. She’s honestly on another planet with bleedin blinkers on.
The crying was a lot. I do believe she was genuinely upset, but it’s also like these are the consequences of her own actions?! The lack of accountability is just insane. You’re in the driving seat of your life Lindsay, these things aren’t just happening to you out of nowhere..

I must have missed that cause I can’t remember seeing it at all. That’s not on at all.
I thought she was acting sooo odd with her cleaner. Telling the kids to close the door so she could talk about them etc. Seemed more classist to me than people commenting on her poor editing of Shauna’s episode 🙈

Reactions: 26
If anyone else is here and queer there’s a great pod called ‘we’re having gay sex’ hosted by two NYC comedians. Always gas craic, great stories.

Reactions: 3
I thought she was acting sooo odd with her cleaner. Telling the kids to close the door so she could talk about them etc. Seemed more classist to me than people commenting on her poor editing of Shauna’s episode 🙈
Yes it was soo weird. Shushing the kids because she wanted to talk about the cleaner. Even weirder that she included it in the vlog because it was ‘quirky’.

Reactions: 13
Yes it was soo weird. Shushing the kids because she wanted to talk about the cleaner. Even weirder that she included it in the vlog because it was ‘quirky’.
It was honestly very cringe viewing. Tone deaf. Unrelateable. Privileged. Like ugh this cleaner is in my house and it’s making me uncomfortable. They're a human being? Wouldn’t be wanting to pass that attitude on to my kids.

Reactions: 28
Seemed more classist to me than people commenting on her poor editing of Shauna’s episode 🙈
Totally. also her assuming Shauna is of a lower class due to her accent is actually peak classism 😂 the biggest d4s I know say ‘dyaknowwhatimean’. I also rolled my eyes at her saying that it was “comedic”… So weird then her having a thicker Dublin accent at the end of the vlog.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.