It Galz #11 E lost his pods, J on her tod, L on the sesh, xgals is a fraud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That screenshot alone could be part of a psychology dissertation on influencers and the commodification of vulnerability šŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
It was actually uncomfortable watching her cry in that, I had to keep skipping through it. Her breakdown was completely different to Jā€™s. I agree with the post a few back saying about that she wasnā€™t crying about the business failing she was crying because her ego is hurt. She always wanted to be an ā€˜Itā€™ girl and she thought she had it all through the podcast - fame, money, good looks, easy job/life so it really all went to her head and as said before itā€™s clear now she literally showed up and got paid and not much more. I think itā€™s mad J never suggested that they both do some sort of business course together to try get L more involved in that aspect - not that it was Jā€™s responsibility but I wonder did she ever notice she was doing all the Trojan work. Even now L should do a business course - stop the paid subscriptions and put it back to a free podcast - it wouldnā€™t be seen a a ā€˜businessā€™ and more of a hobby with less responsibility, less pressure for content (could just be any random topic but wouldnā€™t matter because itā€™s free) and then aim to go back to a paid one when she knows more - donā€™t most business courses make you create a product and promote it as part of it?

Another thought I had I saw people say that they were relistening to podcasts - if J has nothing to do with the podcast anymore shouldnā€™t they be taken down - just the xgals episodes as theyā€™re paid ones and itā€™s in a way L benefiting still from Jā€™s work - I could be wrong but was just something that crossed my mind

• Heart
Reactions: 22
What is the story with her accent on her stories today? Sheā€™s gone full inner city where she usually sounds quite posh? šŸ¤­

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
What is the story with her accent on her stories today? Sheā€™s gone full inner city where she usually sounds quite posh? šŸ¤­
Iā€™m a relatable single ma,with no qualifications,poor poor me ?Probably that was the angle .Will the tears make you forget me shoving me designer purchases down your throat?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I actually feel bad for her. Her entire career and confidence depended on the pod and her options for other careers are limited. I think she has the potential to do well with a podcast but she should have just closed it galz and started a new podcast. She cant do that now if the rumours are true that she had to pay J to buy her out of the business. I just think get off tattle and and put 2 hours a day into the podcast. Do a course on editing etc. She can do it.

Reactions: 8
I do feel bad for Lindsay I have to say the community at times was great. I was in the discord/WhatsApp and really enjoyed the chats and the lives over lockdown. It really seems to have gone tits up since January when the whole superspreader gate happened. People were upset with her then and she came into the group begging us not to tell Jenny because they were going through something even then, and she didn't want to be seen to be ruining the brands image.

L had an It-factor before and I'd love to see her take a while off if she needs it for her mental health, but properly. No tattle, no discord, no zines, no depressing podcasts about dead socialites and look after her gorgeous fam and herself. I'm sure an audience will still be there and she can easily amass a new one when she's back. And L if you are here, I truly don't think anyone hates you or feels any extreme negativity towards you. You're also never too old to reinvent yourself, start a course, learn a new skill, go in a different direction, you're well able.

Reactions: 25
I do think in years to come they may be able to rekindle their friendship again. They had such an open relationship with eachother. They spoke on the podcast about experiences that i wouldnt tell anyone in my life. A bond like that has to be difficult to lost. For sure mixing business with pleasure can be a bad idea. I think it went from loving hanging out together and hanging out when they wanted to to having to get together for work and relying on the other for content etc. I can hear it sometimes in the unpopular opinion podcast as well. I can see at times they are grating on eachother.

Reactions: 12
I do think in years to come they may be able to rekindle their friendship again. They had such an open relationship with eachother. They spoke on the podcast about experiences that i wouldnt tell anyone in my life. A bond like that has to be difficult to lost. For sure mixing business with pleasure can be a bad idea. I think it went from loving hanging out together and hanging out when they wanted to to having to get together for work and relying on the other for content etc. I can hear it sometimes in the unpopular opinion podcast as well. I can see at times they are grating on eachother.
Maybe if L didnā€™t write that statement on Instagram. I canā€™t see J going back after that and I think L knows it. I related the vlog there and you can see she is missing J. Saying none of her friends get her job struggles, how sheā€™s lonely, how she was ā€œdoing really well when it was both of usā€ (when J was doing the work)ā€¦ as I said before I wouldnā€™t be surprised if L tried mend things with J, but J seems so much happier and herself now I canā€™t see her going back

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I dont see J rekindling that friendship tbh. I dont know them at all, but J seems so content in herself in a way we hadnt seen before.

Its been pointed out here that Ls world has turned upside down as she thought she was the draw for It Gals. J said in her vlog (i'm paraphrasing) but something along the lines of just being the sidekick to the popular girl, so she obviously thought the same.

Now its turned out that shes really successful in her own right, without Ls chaos, the constantly being called out on twitter for ignorant podcasts, no co host having live insta fights. Js life has gotten easier without L in it.

Maybe the friendship could be rekindled, but as things stand i think L is too angry at how its all turned out and Js life is calmer without L

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Its been pointed out here that Ls world has turned upside down as she thought she was the draw for It Gals. J said in her vlog (i'm paraphrasing) but something along the lines of just being the sidekick to the popular girl, so she obviously thought the same.
Iā€™m gonna throw out a total speculation but Iā€™d say Js perception of that was very much because that was the overall vibe of their working & personal relationship. J doing all the work to compensate for how she was made feel like a not funny, less talented, less popular it gal. L turning up once a week to cash a massive monthly paycheque. J struggling with tattle hate (based on nothing really) and L not being supportive and since admitted she didnā€™t care? So toxic.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
19836029-D906-4BF6-B526-C4A85AB5BAFC.jpeg

has anyone listened to the new itgalz? I mean itā€™s a carbon copy but itā€™s definitely made me realise how much Iā€™ve outgrown this type of thing and so have L&J
Thereā€™s still an audience for this ā€˜girlhood craicā€™ but made itā€™s time to hand over the reigns?

The tit thing is J&L never really got the credit they deserved for bringing it galz to Ireland. They really were trailblazersā€¦ even the likes of Sophie Murray capitalising off the whole agony aunt thing (and fair play to her)ā€¦ with how it galz ended it just left a bad taste in everyoneā€™s mouths and theyā€™re prob remembered for being toxic and problematic

Reactions: 15
IMO, while I get how hate would impact mental health. Its kinda part and parcel in her line of work. Maybe this isn't the profession she should be in. Most people don't put their lives to the world for that very reason. I think though she is mixing hate for constructive criticism which unfortunately it part of life and every job u go into.
itā€™s the fact she says ā€œthis is not the place to criticise meā€ -not give hate, not be nasty, just canā€™t take criticism that I have an issue with. You just canā€™t run a biz like that-not take feedback from people?? And she keeps changing the service and she doesnā€™t want feedback? Honestly you just canā€™t run a business like that

Reactions: 5
View attachment 844226
has anyone listened to the new itgalz? I mean itā€™s a carbon copy but itā€™s definitely made me realise how much Iā€™ve outgrown this type of thing and so have L&J
Thereā€™s still an audience for this ā€˜girlhood craicā€™ but made itā€™s time to hand over the reigns?
When they first started, I felt like maybe J had listened to an amazing podcast called Guys We Fucked and gotten the idea. Its my favourite podcast, run by two actual comedians based in NYC and itā€™s been running for 7 or 8 years. They walked so itgalz could run but itgalz didnā€™t take things to the same level. GWF is on luminary now (paywalled) but im pretty sure thereā€™s still years worth of free podcasts (wherever you get your podcasts) before they made the move to luminary. Highly recommend!! I pay for luminary purely for them.

I think they will too. They seem to have fallen in and out with each other before

Reactions: 3
I think they will too. They seem to have fallen in and out with each other before
they have (wasnā€™t one of their first eps about friendship breakups?) but they never had so much on the line or a massive public fallout before. My guess is someone will try but the bridge is burned

I mean itā€™s no mystery why Jenny would feel she was the understudy. It was said on here pretty constantly at a stage. And on other gossip pages before. Thereā€™s an episode where they discussed it ages ago

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.