It Galz #10 The galz mess and red room success

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unpopular opinion to the thread - signed up for J's patreon and hate it. Dont enjoy the content at all. I have also signed up to xgalz (first time ever) and I will say I am enjoying it. It might not be for everyone but 🤷‍♂️
Are you listening to old xgalz episodes or starting with the newest episodes?

Reactions: 1
Unpopular opinion to the thread - signed up for J's patreon and hate it. Dont enjoy the content at all. I have also signed up to xgalz (first time ever) and I will say I am enjoying it. It might not be for everyone but 🤷‍♂️
taste is subjective after all 🤣

Reactions: 6
Are you listening to old xgalz episodes or starting with the newest episodes?
I listened to the Peaches Geldoff one and the swan ep and enjoyed them. I do love pop culture and would happily watch things like E True Hollywood Story so Im possibly a sucker for this type of content! When I get a chance will go back through the older ep's as well

Reactions: 5
I listened to the Peaches Geldoff one and the swan ep and enjoyed them. I do love pop culture and would happily watch things like E True Hollywood Story so Im possibly a sucker for this type of content! When I get a chance will go back through the older ep's as well
Yeah if you’re looking for pop culture then Red room wouldn’t be your thing it’s fair to say. Out of interest if you weren’t an xgal before why wait til now to sign up to both?

Yeah I also signed up and really wanted to like it but it's not for me 🤷‍♀️ I do like the vlogs tho

Reactions: 4
Yeah I have to be honest, I loved the first 3 eps included in RedRoom but haven't listened to a full ep since.. can't get into them and end up tuning out. The mythology stuff just doesn't do it for me but to each their own. I was going to ubsub from x galz but I've actually enjoyed L's recent stuff and find it easier/more enjoyable to listen to.

Reactions: 10
XGalz when it started was brilliant, I'm biding time on an annual subscription so I listened back from the start and it was really really good.

Reactions: 3
Early xgalz was great, it was very authentic and from what I remember one of the first big Irish Patreons so felt kinda exclusive. I found their content late 2020 and early this year grand but kinda milquetoast and young for me. I love Red Room but it defo doesn’t have the mass appeal it galz had. Both girls have a knack for podcasting in their own way, I said it before but I think a lot of the critique on xgalz is people projecting their frustrations/dislike of L onto the content. I haven’t been a member since summer tho so haven’t heard the newer stuff

It's not for everyone, I used to listen to ItGalz as soon as I could but not in a rush to listen to Js, still like em though!

Have Ellie & Charlene released their podcast yet? Interested to see if they try to follow early it galz lead..

Reactions: 1
It's a niche podcast, I like Jenny and enjoy her blogs but haven't subscribed on the basis that the content is not for me. Still try to support Jenny through like her vlogs and engaging with her insta page though.

Haven't and wouldn't subscribe to itgalz now on the basis that I don't really like L as a person anymore, as such wouldn't pay for her content even though the topics are ones I'd likely enjoy more. No longer follow her insta although will admit to checking it at times when something is mentioned on here.

Will stick to MTGM and Not without my sister.

Reactions: 12
Yeah if you’re looking for pop culture then Red room wouldn’t be your thing it’s fair to say. Out of interest if you weren’t an xgal before why wait til now to sign up to both?
I had considered signing up to xgalz for a while but never had patreon, I was happy using audible for paid content. Recently signed up to RMC's podcast so trialed a few! Def unsubscribing from red room and unpopular opinion. Any other podcast recommendations are welcome!

Reactions: 4
I had considered signing up to xgalz for a while but never had patreon, I was happy using audible for paid content. Recently signed up to RMC's podcast so trialed a few! Def unsubscribing from red room and unpopular opinion. Any other podcast recommendations are welcome!
I'm grand mam, best pod I've listened to in ages

• Heart
Ya as someone said earlier, taste is subjective. I really like red room because I personally find it interesting. If I enjoyed reading the daily mail or the National enquirer in the mid 00s I would prob enjoy lindsays content 😊 I do like pop culture myself, but there are sooooo many other podcasts and Instagram pages that do not flawlessly with little mistakes and lots of research! I’m prob nitpicking but when it galz used to get things like names and dates wrong, it used to boil my blood 🙄

Reactions: 22
Bandwagons do pop culture very well. Fionuala is a professional and really is good at podasting probably in line for RTE some day. Brid is a character and is hilarious. She is very blasé and gets things hilariously wrong and doesn't GAF.

Jennys podcast is very niche but that was her intention and there's a strong backbone to her content.

Lindsey can well do podcasting and had great solo episodes. Even topics that get slated her i love (Amy and Peaches). However, her podcast has no back bone and she's just a spa.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.