It Galz #10 The galz mess and red room success

Should we split the threads? (one for J/one for L)

• Yes

Votes: 108 19.3%
  • No

Votes: 453 80.7%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks for the new thread!

Here’s a recap:
J is thriving with redroom. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea and very different to itgalz but those who are into it seem to really be enjoying it.

L on the other hand looks to be all over the place. Disappeared for a few weeks to work on her mental health, has been spotted out head to toe in designer gear leaving her chazza shop days behind her 🤣 Deleted everything off her insta and recently uploaded her “comeback” announcement for November. No updates on the podcast but more focus on zines and content which her audience are not happy with, they just want the podcast they paid for and they are not receiving it.

No update on her new man yet but we reckon he’s keeping her new €€€ lifestyle afloat. She’s now branding herself as a comedian in new upcoming shows but seems to have lost what made her gas. Think everyone would rather she just took a massive step back and actually figure out what she wants in life.

Reactions: 17
Thoughts? It's a no from me.
Why does she keep going back to the celebrity stories from 10+ years ago?? Literally everyone’s response has been disinterested, like if you’re going to become a celebrity commentary channel it has to be new and relevant content

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Thats her big comeback?!! Whats the point in rebranding if its the same shite 😂 just shows she doesnt have much to offer when it comes to topics..

• Haha
Reactions: 16
V strange to me, L took time off due to mental health but no issue profiting off the death of Peaches Geldof, due to a drug overdose (while being sober herself)

I just started listening and she's playing sad music and talking v seriously. Maybe going a different direction.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I listened to half of it this morning when I was getting ready for work. I was really surprised by the tone of it - she spoke so seriously it was almost like listening to a news piece.

Is this the direction she is going in now?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Just listening now - very different to the usual it galz vibe. Maybe she's trying to change it up? I personally used to like when they done a bit of a chat before getting into the topic. However you can tell she's she's a bit of research on this one

Reactions: 3
Oh thats interesting that she changed the tone, doesnt she want to be a “comedian”? She needs to focus on hyping up the shows now if she wants anyone to turn up. I wonder how many people got refunds? Like will there actually be anyone at the shows at all.

Also Is she just trying to be more serious cause J is doing darker topics herself 😂 keep us posted girls, im not subscribed anymore. i suppose at least its free content cause the memberships are paused so there isnt much pressure to produce quality content, if she is even capable of that.

Reactions: 11
It definitely seems that she is taking a more serious tone, and perhaps direction. There was no chit chat at all. There wasn't even an introduction - it just went straight into a clip of a BBC reporter speaking about Peaches' death.

Ok - fair enough there can't be much fun and lightness when speaking of a 25 year old mother of two who died of a heroin overdose, but the usual charm and spark just wasn't there....

Reactions: 2
I have to say I liked it! Found it well researched and consistent in its telling. Big change from before. I was really intrigued about the Peaches story when she died so I found the topic interesting. I think this could be a better route for her for the podcast

Reactions: 15
I thought she said she was going to send out surveys to listeners when this all started.? I reckon that is one of her better ideas at least she can produce content that her listeners are happy with.

There's a Peaches Geldoff thread on here I wonder if that's where she got the inspo. Also the Primrose Hill Gang is another thread that's really interesting (Kate Moss, Pearl Lowe , Jude Law , Sadie Frost, Oasis etc)

Thought it was good. She edited in music and interviews and had obviously put a lot of work into it.
It's completely different than usual xgalz stuff but flowed well.
Well done L!

Reactions: 8
what’s the reaction on patreon/discord like? If her audience like it then fair play. Seems a little disjointed with her new “pin-up comedian” image to go all serious all of a sudden(still don’t understand the inclusion of pin up tbh can someone explain to me)? Also haven’t listened but gives me a bit of a red room done by it galz vibe lol

Reactions: 5
what’s the reaction on patreon/discord like? If her audience like it then fair play. Seems a little disjointed with her new “pin-up comedian” image to go all serious all of a sudden(still don’t understand the inclusion of pin up tbh can someone explain to me)? Also haven’t listened but gives me a bit of a red room done by it galz vibe lol
Pretty much silence on discord so far 😉

Not for me, I suppose for me L can't do right anymore - the interest is gone! I genuinely don't think she has it in her anymore or at least, it's evident she can't do it. Peaches Geldof topic is so outdated, but each to their own I guess.

Reactions: 12
This is what I thought, judging by others descriptions. Jenny changed it up for red room, and does the deep dive really well. Itgalz was never marketed as serious but suddenly L has a new podcasting style very similar to J.. coincidence? I think not!! They defo did talk about peaches before too, as a duo. L seems to be really fascinated by these troubled women, but it’s very old news.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.