Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Have they released the hostages yet? No?

Oh well, that’s a shame, carry on then.

Bring 👏🏼 Them 👏🏼 Home 👏🏼

It really is that simple.
“oh well, that’s a shame, carry on then” when referring to the mass bombing of thousands of innocent people might be the actual worst thing anyone has said on any of the threads on this topic to date. you should truly be ashamed of yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

ordinaryjelly

VIP Member
This all just hurts my heart. Those photos of thousands of people, carrying whatever belongings they could carry in their arms, leaving the rest of their lives behind. Walking an unsafe path. Those exhausted, scared faces. Those mama's who are finding superhero mamabear strength to carry their babies even though their arms are numb with the weight. The children beside them, almost certainly not knowing the gravity of what they are enduring. The elderly, barely able to put one foot in front of the other, stumbling as they move, not able to carry anything but a small bag of their most treasured items. Those tired, weary faces, the fear. They have seen things that we only see in movies. Walking through day and night, without any rest. Not dressed for the occasion because why would they be? Chased from their homes with no time to really plan. They are walking to the unknown. Into colder nights, into places ill equipped to deal with the sheer number of them. Into places that won't be safe for long.

Shame on our Government, of all the Western Governments who have decided that this is OK, that this is not only something that is OK but is also something that we will fund and support.

Shame on us. Humans are horrible. We have all seen these pictures before. We all said never again.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
I just wish people would use their words and say what they mean, instead of just coming in here and going haha youse guys are so stupid, this is such an echo chamber etc. Like, if think you have some sort of point or opinion, speak it.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Shimmering

VIP Member
Point me to one post where someone has called for the end of Israel. You can’t.
The circular logic I've seen deployed on these threads is that raising any concern about the loss of Palestinian lives equals denial of Israel's right to exist, making everyone who questions the current situation antisemitic.

So by this poster's reasoning, everyone who wants the genocide to stop is calling for the destruction of Israel.

Mad, isn't it?

• Heart

IBH8-8

Chatty Member
Have they released the hostages yet? No?

Oh well, that’s a shame, carry on then.

Bring 👏🏼 Them 👏🏼 Home 👏🏼

It really is that simple.
What cost is acceptable to you? Of course I want the hostages released. How many babies have to pay?

Why does Netanyahu reject deals that include hostages being removed?

How many hostages will have been killed by the bombing?

It really isn’t that simple.

If you want the hostages freed but don’t care about innocent Palestinians then you need to check your prejudices.

• Heart

IBH8-8

Chatty Member
There was a disgusting anti-Semitic post on here as I caught up this morning but it looks like it’s gone. There’s no place for comments like that. I’ll say it again

Most Palestinians are not Hamas
Most Israelis are not their government
Jewish people are not automatically Zionists

No room for hate on either side.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
People act as though Israel are just going to stop the genocide and ethnic cleansing once the hostages are released.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Suey81

Summary since the last thread

People marched some more
Things got bombed some more
Politicians didn't do much about it
Media is more interested in Colleen Rooney

Previous thread here
Things = thousands of babies, children, men and women.....excellent dehumanisation and belitting of the real situation....bravo!!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Skinny

VIP Member
Can you imagine how terrified you would be if you were a young man in Gaza. Knowing you’ll be damned just because you’re a man. The whole thing is vile and I will never forgive it.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24

Maleficent50

VIP Member
I’m Jewish. I rarely comment here because I got shit from someone and ran off the thread way way back but I’ve read every single comment. “The right kind of Jew ” shit ain’t on! It’s fucking offensive! I am disgusted with the Israeli governments actions and I weep seeing the children of Palestine being massacred. I also weep for the victims of the atrocities that Hamas carried out. You know we Jewish folks ain’t ok with some of these comments about “the right kind of Jew”. As a (non practicing) Jew I want to see a two state solution where Hamas and the current Israeli administration are not the ones calling the shots. You will probably find most Jewish folk around the world agree with me. Are we the right kind of Jew?

• Heart

Wee Nora

VIP Member
I’m questioning all the figures at this stage. I think anything that is put out by the IDF or Hamas should be scrutinised independently.
2 million people trapped in a small space with bombs being dropped from the sky every 20 seconds. If anything I’d say the number of deaths is underestimated. Prepare for those figures to rise accordingly if or when they’re able to get to the people trapped under the rubble. BBC News reporting just now that Al Shifa hospital is no longer functioning at all. There’s nowhere to treat the wounded who’ll be facing certain death now. Little kids with third degree burns and nobody to help them or ease their pain. Calculated cruelty, collective punishment, war crimes and this will go down in history as genocide, let there be no doubt about it.

• Sad
  • Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
As a minimum, the children and babies are innocent. Even if all the adults were supportive, which is a massive assumption, it’s enough for me that the babies shouldn’t be killed!
Even if every single adult Palestinian supported Hamas, it's still not an excuse to erase them from the face of the earth.

• Heart

IamMyaJ

VIP Member
FINALLY my fucking people 👏 👏 I’m so glad to see people not falling for this bullshit. Israel are bombing innocent people under the pretence of HAMAS and they need to be called out. I’m so glad to see not everyone is complete twat. Keep up the good work ❤ 🇵🇸

• Heart

Wee Nora

VIP Member
This Wednesday will be a big day in Ireland. The Dáil are voting on a motion to expel the Israeli ambassador, sanction Israel economically, and to refer the Israeli Government to the International Criminal Court to investigate war crimes, genocide and crimes against humanity.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Charlotte1993

VIP Member
Nah we recognise a lot of people hate Jews. I've never read a propaganda guidebook, I have a brain.

Anyway this thread has turned into a conspiracy theory crackpot thread. I'm out you can all masturbate over the destruction of Israel which is never going to happen. 2 state solution will happen one day, Israel will continue to exist. The end.
Another perpetual victim
Israel has made a big mistake with this war because the mask has slipped and the world has seen

• Heart

Lammington

VIP Member
I have to say, I have so much admiration for the Israeli peace activists.
It's much easier to be vocal about and protest against the actions of the increasingly authoritarian Israeli government from our positions, far away from them. There's also the risk of violence from the IDF against Israelis supporting Palestinians, as we have seen coming out in recent days.

The fact that many of the families of the hostages and those murdered on October 7th are speaking out for peace, as well as the other Israeli citizens demonstrating speaks to the good out there, and I hope like hell those are the people building the future of Israel, rather than corrupt and war-hungry politicians like Netanyahu.

• Heart

Wee Nora

VIP Member
If you are a lefty type who supports issues such as LGBT, Trans, Women's rights and freedom of speech and are anti racist/xenophobia.

Then you are a bloody hypocrite if you are supporting Pallestine/Hamas over Israel.

More so, if you attend the marches whereby blatant anti-semitism is rife.

Hamas do not support LGBT, Trans, Women's rights and freedom of speech, nor is it allowed in Pallestine.

With the marches, many attending are also proving themselves to be hypocrites of the highest order. Throw around abuse to people of other ethnic minorities/races then it is condemned to the hilt by them. Yet those same people see no issues doing the exact same thing to Jewish people and their faith.

I call that double standards.
Yes I hear all those babies and children who were murdered were terribly homophobic. And it seems a little disingenuous to mention women’s rights as some kind of gotcha moment while Palestinian women are giving birth on a dirty hospital floor, their universities and their right to education have been levelled, not to mention the fact they have been slaughtered in their thousands. Also I note your use of Palestine/Hamas as though they are the same thing.

• Heart