Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I assume you mean me. It isn’t DARVO to say that people can have compassion for those in Gaza but also for those being harassed to the extent they almost have a breakdown by Pro-Palestine campaigners - ie Olly Alexander in EV.

What fits the definition of DARVO though is taking me saying “A person with cancer is worse off but someone with the flu still probably feels tit” and responding about a person with a cold complaining to someone with cancer in order to try to twist my words as you were gaslighting me trying to say I’d said something I hadn’t.

It also doesn’t make me a “zio” to think you can care about Palestine but also about other things going on in the world, and in fact that’s it’s entirely normal to be able to do so.

It’s frankly deeply unhealthy to be focused only on Gaza to the extent you get angry at other people displaying compassion to someone who is not part of the conflict but is experiencing relentless harassment and abuse and has been talking about their distress related to it. I genuinely think you taking a break would be a good idea - it doesn’t benefit anyone if you traumatise yourself by focusing so intently on one topic.
That’s really not the definition of DARVO, but nice examples of being a narc 👌🏼
---
Just like ‘anti-Semitic’ has been absolutely twisted to mean something completely different to those accusing others of it, it seems DARVO is also under threat of being stolen to be used for different purposes too. Just can’t leave anything alone 🤦🏽‍♀️🤪

Reactions: 6
Good God, Lindsay "Fllp-Flop" Graham being as eloquent as ever. :rolleyes: This dude called Trump a race baiting, xenophobic bigot, then ended up crawling up Trump's derriere. Why does the U.S. media give this guy oxygen. Why do they always bring up Hiroshima and Nagasaki? It is a widely held view now that the atomic bomb dropping in Japan was overkill and unecessary, but apparently U.S. military officials are now "full of crap." Somebody needs their Geritol.

Speaking of Eurovision, viewship was down.

Reactions: 10
That’s really not the definition of DARVO, but nice examples of being a narc 👌🏼
---
Just like ‘anti-Semitic’ has been absolutely twisted to mean something completely different to those accusing others of it, it seems DARVO is also under threat of being stolen to be used for different purposes too. Just can’t leave anything alone 🤦🏽‍♀️🤪
If what happened in the Eurovision thread was DARVO, so is that.

“it’s ok to twist people’s words and gaslight them by claiming they said something they didn’t as long as I get what I want! Being against genocide means I have the right to do and say anything and anyone else is just evil.” is the most narcy thing on this thread.

Enjoy making Bibi change his mind by sharing videos of Palestinians at the worst time of their lives and excitedly virtue signalling over them and how this one is even more horrific than the last so you just need to watch it 20 times and share it more. That will really show him. “Oh my god, these people are disgusted, better stop immediately and revaluate my military strategy.” while anyone with a lick of common sense can see he doesn’t give a tit about all the social media posturing, unless of course he can play it to his advantage - which the pro-Palestine movement on social media so far has only served to do for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

“it’s ok to twist people’s words and gaslight them by claiming they said something they didn’t as long as I get what I want! Being against genocide means I have the right to do and say anything and anyone else is just evil.” is the most narcy thing on this thread.
This thread is about the genocide being carried out by Israelis in Gaza.

Someone coming on here and claiming that someone has hurty wurty feelings because they got called a name in the street is narcissistic. And deflecting part of DARVO.

Someone moaning that a poster said they wouldn’t want a genocide supporter living in their street is attempting to DARVO.

There’s a whole thread for genocide supporters. There’s no need to post here. So taking context that is being discussed here and attempting to make it their own trauma is narcissistic and DARVO.

The very fact you’re trying to convince me otherwise proves the actual point 🤣🤣🤣
---

Enjoy making Bibi change his mind by sharing videos of Palestinians at the worst time of their lives and excitedly virtue signalling over them and how this one is even more horrific than the last so you just need to watch it 20 times and share it more. That will really show him. “Oh my god, these people are disgusted, better stop immediately and revaluate my military strategy.” while anyone with a lick of common sense can see he doesn’t give a tit about all the social media posturing, unless of course he can play it to his advantage - which the pro-Palestine movement on social media so far has only served to do for him.
You do realise that that’s NOT the point of people posting and resharing content? Or infact, the point of Palestinians sharing it in the first place?

What an absolutely wild flex, the fact your mind even thought that’s the reason is just… wow.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I don't think anyone is thinking Netanyahu is reading tattle or that our posts here are going to change military strategy!!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't think anyone is thinking Netanyahu is reading tattle or that our posts here are going to change military strategy!!
I’ve read some ridiculous stuff in my time, but this…. Gotta be a joke surely 🤣🙈

Reactions: 6
Take Eurovision back to the Eurovision thread. Who cares.
I know right?

Poster 1: I’ve just seen the most horrific picture of a babies foot detached from its dead body.

Poster 2: oh so cool, Israel got 6 points from Europe, everyone loves them 🤪

Absolutely mind bending.

• Heart
Reactions: 8

---
This 4 year old is Hamas, but honestly I will be taking a break for the rest of the day. Yesterday was exceptionally fucked up.

• Sad
Jfc imagine coming on to a thread about a GENOCIDE to take up space bitching and moaning about something someone said or didn't say on a eurovision thread.

Read the bleeping room people, jeeeeez.

• Heart
Where is Bisan?

I know she will have 1857 things going on that are more important that Instagram, but it is so unlike her to not pop up with a quick 30 second "Hi, it's Bisan. I'm still alive...." story.

Please let her be OK.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Who is this Emily woman on Jeremy Vine this morning she’s making my blood boil!!!

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
The borders have been closed for 6 days with no aid getting in. The Israelis have been bombing the tit out of Gaza for the last 3/4 days and they are house away from complete health system collapse. This is way beyond anything I imagined would be allowed to continue. Those that aren’t injured are starving to death. Wake the duck up world!

• Sad
This crackpot. She’s spitting venom about hamas and oCtObeR 7th, agreeing that UK should continue to supply arms to Isreal and implying palestian children are collateral damage 🤢

• Angry
  • Sick
This crackpot. She’s spitting venom about hamas and oCtObeR 7th, agreeing that UK should continue to supply arms to Isreal and implying palestian children are collateral damage 🤢

Nothing says "we're the good guys" quite like viewing civilian lives as collateral damage for a war with end goals they can't specify.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
My take on all this is that the same posters who claim to care about "both sides" seem to only pop up to defend Israel, derail with human rights issues in other Arab countries, or discuss antisemitism. They'd probably argue that it's for "balance" but we're not stupid, we see very clearly what you're doing.

As has been mentioned so many times on here, there are no two sides to a genocide. I don't see anyone rushing to argue bothsideism with genocides in Bosnia or Armenia or Rwanda or Cambodia. Everyone would think you're sick. As vile as antisemitism is, we shouldn't be making excuses just because the perpetrators happen to be Jewish.
With respect, as a person who believes that both sides are guilty of this conflict, I disagree. It is perfectly possible to be disgusted by the actions of the IDF as it is by the actions of Islamic terrorists. It is also perfectly possible to understand that both sides have what they consider to be justifiable reasons for their actions. The Palestinians and Israelis have been chipping away at each other for a very long time. This will not end until BOTH sides accept that the other has a right to live in peace within agreed secure boundaries. That means that Israel must stop their incursions into what is deemed Palestinian territory and that Palestinians have to stop the suicide bombing and terrorist attacks and accept that Israel isn’t going to disappear. This has nothing whatsoever to do with supporting Israel. I know plenty of neutrals who are horrified at their disproportionate response to 7th October and who want to see Netanyahu and his ultra right wing government removed. They, and I, also want to see the extremist faction of Hamas removed. You are welcome to pick a side and believe that you are right but please don’t put words into other people’s mouths are pretend that they support Israel’s actions. The reality of the situation is that without the attack by Hamas on 7th October we would not be looking at a destroyed Gaza today. That is absolutely not condoning some Israelis actions against Palestinian people and the Israeli ignoring of UN directives. In another forum I am called an antisemite because I have been critical of Netanyahu and the IDF. Here I get labelled as Islamophobic because I criticise Islamic terrorists. It does nobody any favours to throw lazy labels around over a very complex and inflammatory situation that has defied attempts to find a peaceful solution for millennia. And yes I agree, there are not two sides to genocide but to use another unhelpful but true statement, if you stir up a hornets nest, expect to be stung.
The Israeli response has been disproportionate but they were never going to let the attack of 7th October go unpunished. Has gave those who want the Palestinians gone a perfect excuse to do exactly what is happening at the moment.
Being neutral and wanting both sides to stop the violence is not supporting Israel. Please stop with this nonsense.

• Heart
They were waiting for an Oct 7th (which they knew about - Israeli intelligence were aware of an impendending attack for a year before it happened) to use as an excuse to go into Palestine and do exactly this. Like you say the 'retaliation' has been disproportionate. But I can't believe anyone who is seeing children torn apart, mass graves turning up, orphaned little ones and so on as proportionate or can stay neutral.

There is too much water under the bridge now. I am yet to see Israeli children's feet detached from their bodies, mass graves in Tel Aviv or Israeli's looking skeletal because they haven't had a moael of food.

The time for neutrality has passed about 5 months ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Moley acts as though these are 2 independent countries baiting each other, and not an occupied and an occupier.

• Heart
With respect, as a person who believes that both sides are guilty of this conflict, I disagree. It is perfectly possible to be disgusted by the actions of the IDF as it is by the actions of Islamic terrorists. It is also perfectly possible to understand that both sides have what they consider to be justifiable reasons for their actions. The Palestinians and Israelis have been chipping away at each other for a very long time. This will not end until BOTH sides accept that the other has a right to live in peace within agreed secure boundaries. That means that Israel must stop their incursions into what is deemed Palestinian territory and that Palestinians have to stop the suicide bombing and terrorist attacks and accept that Israel isn’t going to disappear. This has nothing whatsoever to do with supporting Israel. I know plenty of neutrals who are horrified at their disproportionate response to 7th October and who want to see Netanyahu and his ultra right wing government removed. They, and I, also want to see the extremist faction of Hamas removed. You are welcome to pick a side and believe that you are right but please don’t put words into other people’s mouths are pretend that they support Israel’s actions. The reality of the situation is that without the attack by Hamas on 7th October we would not be looking at a destroyed Gaza today. That is absolutely not condoning some Israelis actions against Palestinian people and the Israeli ignoring of UN directives. In another forum I am called an antisemite because I have been critical of Netanyahu and the IDF. Here I get labelled as Islamophobic because I criticise Islamic terrorists. It does nobody any favours to throw lazy labels around over a very complex and inflammatory situation that has defied attempts to find a peaceful solution for millennia. And yes I agree, there are not two sides to genocide but to use another unhelpful but true statement, if you stir up a hornets nest, expect to be stung.
The Israeli response has been disproportionate but they were never going to let the attack of 7th October go unpunished. Has gave those who want the Palestinians gone a perfect excuse to do exactly what is happening at the moment.
Being neutral and wanting both sides to stop the violence is not supporting Israel. Please stop with this nonsense.
With respect, I find it a false claim of complexity to make out that the Israeli-Palestinian conflicts are simply the continuation of the religious conflicts over "the holy land." This argument can be used with respect to the arguments of the Abrahamic faiths over Jerusalem in present day, but making out that the current state of Israel and Palestine is a religious war is used as a way to hand-wave the conflict as "too complex" for peace.

The claims to Israel as a right of return for Jewish people relies on Biblical texts and thus invokes millennia-old religious lore and ethnoreligious claims to land (though not to indigenous heritage if we're using Biblical texts as proof - those say the Israelites won the land in conquest over the native peoples like the Philistines). But from there the claim it's a millennia old conflict fall apart.

This is no more a complex and millennia-old conflict than England claiming ownership over France. If the royal family pitched up in Normandy claiming right to the lands, and went around removing the population, writing legislation depriving them of equal rights, and enacting violence while depriving them of any military response or right to reprisal under international law, no one would be pulling out the "well actually, this is quite a complex and ancient claim..." lines.

This is a modern conflict of colonisation that draws its claim by invoking an ancient conflict. That does not make it the ancient conflict.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.