Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I actually don't think I can keep my level of awareness of what's happening up. It's soul shattering. That child's foot is going to haunt me for the rest of my life, along with the dead 2 year old and the little bite gone out of her bread in her clasped hand and all the other atrocities that have occurred at the hands of Israel these last 7 months.

7 months??? How??? 35,000 thousand dead. Humanity is fucked if we can truly do no better than this.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I actually don't think I can keep my level of awareness of what's happening up. It's soul shattering. That child's foot is going to haunt me for the rest of my life, along with the dead 2 year old and the little bite gone out of her bread in her clasped hand and all the other atrocities that have occurred at the hands of Israel these last 7 months.

7 months??? How??? 35,000 thousand dead. Humanity is fucked if we can truly do no better than this.
It's absolutely boggles my brain that we can see an image/video of a babies foot detached from its body due to an Israeli bomb, we can be told the absolutely astounding numbers of dead, yet some people will still stick their head in the sand and claim it's not a genocide, and we're only angry because we hate Jews. Total narcissistic DARVO behaviour. Rest in peace that little baby šŸ˜„šŸ˜„

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It's absolutely boggles my brain that we can see an image/video of a babies foot detached from its body due to an Israeli bomb, we can be told the absolutely astounding numbers of dead, yet some people will still stick their head in the sand and claim it's not a genocide, and we're only angry because we hate Jews. Total narcissistic DARVO behaviour. Rest in peace that little baby šŸ˜„šŸ˜„
So much DARVO going on in the EV thread today too. Like they just cannot be straight with their opinions, it's always conflation and diversion and misrepresentation. Boils my piss, just own your stance, don't lie about it!

I broke down to my husband today. I genuinely don't think I can keep this up any longer. Arguing with Zio's online is just wasted energy and we aren't built to be able to deal with these horrors we are witnessing. It goes against human nature, it's unnatural.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
So much DARVO going on in the EV thread today too. Like they just cannot be straight with their opinions, it's always conflation and diversion and misrepresentation. Boils my piss, just own your stance, don't lie about it!

I broke down to my husband today. I genuinely don't think I can keep this up any longer. Arguing with Zio's online is just wasted energy and we aren't built to be able to deal with these horrors we are witnessing. It goes against human nature, it's unnatural.
Keep in your heart that we are on the right side of humanity, and we have strong morals and respect for life.

What always gets me in the back of my mind is the complete discrepancy between the fact that if any of the genocide apologists babies were in danger, I'd do what I could to save them in a heartbeat, completely regardless of our differences. But if it was my child, they'd probably let them die. Isn't that such a weird stance to be in?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Keep in your heart that we are on the right side of humanity, and we have strong morals and respect for life.

What always gets me in the back of my mind is the complete discrepancy between the fact that if any of the genocide apologists babies were in danger, I'd do what I could to save them in a heartbeat, completely regardless of our differences. But if it was my child, they'd probably let them die. Isn't that such a weird stance to be in?
So true, there is something truly broken in a person who can act that way. They don't realise that they destroy themselves in the process too sadly.

Nobody wins in this mess. Everybody loses.

• Sad
Reactions: 9

We have to keep going for them if only one Palestinian sees a post validating their feelings and suffering itā€™s worth it imagine being the victim of a genocide and people online are denying your suffering itā€™s soul destroying.
That one post you made may be just another post to you but it could mean the whole world to someone who is suffering because it shows that we do care šŸ’œ
Maybe take regular breaks because you canā€™t serve from an empty cup and youā€™ve been amazing just saying because you really have been so supportive but know your limits and take rest days if needed x

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
We have to keep going for them if only one Palestinian sees a post validating their feelings and suffering itā€™s worth it imagine being the victim of a genocide and people online are denying your suffering itā€™s soul destroying.
That one post you made may be just another post to you but it could mean the whole world to someone who is suffering because it shows that we do care šŸ’œ
Maybe take regular breaks because you canā€™t serve from an empty cup and youā€™ve been amazing just saying because you really have been so supportive but know your limits and take rest days if needed x
I definitely need to take a break. I don't know why today was so much worse than others but it's absolutely floored me. What I have seen today won't leave my head even for just a minute.

Thanks @Charlotte1993 thanks @avabella you are so good at keeping the momentum and fight going šŸ’šā¤šŸ–¤

• Heart
Reactions: 11
re - the arguing with the Zios, Jews, pro-Israeli people if they don't get it now they won't ever get it. No matter how many times you go back and forth with them it is pointless. If they don't look at that child's severed foot and think "uh this is wrong" you won't change their minds.

The second I blocked Jenocide et al it was a relief. And it didn't turn the thread into an echo chamber. We all still have our differences.

Still nothing from Bisan. I pray she is OK.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The 'silent majority'.
The gammonrati Darren Grimes etc were doing the same.

I actually think they should have won. Let Europe show it's double standards on war crimes to the world.

• Haha

I assume you mean me. It isnā€™t DARVO to say that people can have compassion for those in Gaza but also for those being harassed to the extent they almost have a breakdown by Pro-Palestine campaigners - ie Olly Alexander in EV.

What fits the definition of DARVO though is taking me saying ā€œA person with cancer is worse off but someone with the flu still probably feels titā€ and responding about a person with a cold complaining to someone with cancer in order to try to twist my words as you were gaslighting me trying to say Iā€™d said something I hadnā€™t.

It also doesnā€™t make me a ā€œzioā€ to think you can care about Palestine but also about other things going on in the world, and in fact thatā€™s itā€™s entirely normal to be able to do so.

Itā€™s frankly deeply unhealthy to be focused only on Gaza to the extent you get angry at other people displaying compassion to someone who is not part of the conflict but is experiencing relentless harassment and abuse and has been talking about their distress related to it. I genuinely think you taking a break would be a good idea - it doesnā€™t benefit anyone if you traumatise yourself by focusing so intently on one topic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I definitely need to take a break. I don't know why today was so much worse than others but it's absolutely floored me. What I have seen today won't leave my head even for just a minute.

Thanks @Charlotte1993 thanks @avabella you are so good at keeping the momentum and fight going šŸ’šā¤šŸ–¤
Take a break dear, the cause will still be in your heart you just need to give your brain a little rest. We will still be here if or when you come back. ā¤ā¤

• Heart
I assume you mean me. It isnā€™t DARVO to say that people can have compassion for those in Gaza but also for those being harassed to the extent they almost have a breakdown by Pro-Palestine campaigners - ie Olly Alexander in EV.

What fits the definition of DARVO though is taking me saying ā€œA person with cancer is worse off but someone with the flu still probably feels titā€ and responding about a person with a cold complaining to someone with cancer in order to try to twist my words as you were gaslighting me trying to say Iā€™d said something I hadnā€™t.

It also doesnā€™t make me a ā€œzioā€ to think you can care about Palestine but also about other things going on in the world, and in fact thatā€™s itā€™s entirely normal to be able to do so.

Itā€™s frankly deeply unhealthy to be focused only on Gaza to the extent you get angry at other people displaying compassion to someone who is not part of the conflict but is experiencing relentless harassment and abuse and has been talking about their distress related to it. I genuinely think you taking a break would be a good idea - it doesnā€™t benefit anyone if you traumatise yourself by focusing so intently on one topic.
If itā€™s unhealthy to be focused and repulsed by a genocide I can live with that

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just to clarify, there were claims of death threats to one contestant but the article shared to back that up didn't state that. I read it. I'm gathering now I wasn't supposed to actually read it and I was just supposed to accept the posters statement that they had received death threats šŸ˜…

Just didn't want ye to think I was some heartless monster!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.