Israeli - Palestinian Conflict #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do they? Does a place like Israel need to exist in this world? Somewhere that thinks dropping 2000lb bombs on an enclosed and trapped area for months and months on end, killing hundreds of thousands of children in the name of 'self defence' - does it really need to exist? Not in my mind.
You do realise that this attitude is no different to the Islamophobes who hate all Muslims because of the actions of a minority of extremists?
In the 30s and 40s Germany wasn’t Hitler and the Nazi party no more than Israel is Netanyahu and his ultra right coalition government. We should not conflate the state of Israel or Palestine with those who just want to wipe the other off the face of the earth.

Reactions: 8
An old old favourite of mine came on the radio. The lyrics are just 🥹

There must be lights burning brighter somewhere
Got to be birds flying higher in a sky more blue
If I can dream of a better land
Where all my brothers walk hand in hand
Tell me why, oh why, oh why can't my dream come true
Oh why
There must be peace and understanding sometime
Strong winds of promise that will blow away the doubt and fear
If I can dream of a warmer sun
Where hope keeps shining on everyone
Tell me why, oh why, oh why won't that sun appear
We're lost in a cloud
With too much rain
We're trapped in a world
That's troubled with pain
But as long as a man
Has the strength to dream
He can redeem his soul and fly
Deep in my heart there's a trembling question
Still I am sure that the answer, answer's gonna come somehow
Out there in the dark, there's a beckoning candle, yeah
And while I can think, while I can talk
While I can stand, while I can walk
While I can dream
Oh, please let my dream
Come true
Right now
Let it come true right now
Oh yeah

• Heart
Reactions: 6
An old old favourite of mine came on the radio. The lyrics are just 🥹

There must be lights burning brighter somewhere
Got to be birds flying higher in a sky more blue
If I can dream of a better land
Where all my brothers walk hand in hand
Tell me why, oh why, oh why can't my dream come true
Oh why
There must be peace and understanding sometime
Strong winds of promise that will blow away the doubt and fear
If I can dream of a warmer sun
Where hope keeps shining on everyone
Tell me why, oh why, oh why won't that sun appear
We're lost in a cloud
With too much rain
We're trapped in a world
That's troubled with pain
But as long as a man
Has the strength to dream
He can redeem his soul and fly
Deep in my heart there's a trembling question
Still I am sure that the answer, answer's gonna come somehow
Out there in the dark, there's a beckoning candle, yeah
And while I can think, while I can talk
While I can stand, while I can walk
While I can dream
Oh, please let my dream
Come true
Right now
Let it come true right now
Oh yeah
I've been playing this a lot lately. I went to an Elvis tribute concert recently and he ended the concert with this song. Everyone in the audience stood and sang along

Reactions: 4
You do realise that this attitude is no different to the Islamophobes who hate all Muslims because of the actions of a minority of extremists?
In the 30s and 40s Germany wasn’t Hitler and the Nazi party no more than Israel is Netanyahu and his ultra right coalition government. We should not conflate the state of Israel or Palestine with those who just want to wipe the other off the face of the earth.
On 10/3 - 5 months into the conflict polls showed that 75% of Israelis backed going into Rafah at that stage around 32000 people had been murdered.

On 10/5 - 7 months into the conflict polls showed that 56% now prefer a hostage deal over an offensive in Rafah at this stage around 39000 people have been murdered

So there has been a change of heart by the Israeli public, but neither of those poles represent people saying that the murder and destruction of Gaza is a consideration in their change of heart. So the truth is, there’s either a very large proportion of the Israeli public that are “extremists” OR the desire to ethnically cleanse and take over Gaza (and the West Bank) is what a very large proportion of the Israeli public want.

Don’t conflate “the only democracy in the Middle East”, who represent “western values”, with a stateless, displaced, occupied people. The Israelis have elections, lots and lots of them, in fact between 2018 and 2022 FIVE TIMES, every time bar 1 Netanyahu either won or tied - remember he’d been under investigation and subsequently indicted for bribery and fraud in this time. But before this little election cycle Mr Netanyahu had been voted and become PM on two other occasions, from 1996 -1999 and from 2009 to 2021 - he’s been in power for over 16 years in the last 28 years. So that can mean one of 2 things, 1 the people of Israel really like him and how he governs or that Israel isn’t a democracy. So which is it? If it’s a democracy and they like him then surely those who vote are the ones who want to wipe the Palestinians off the face of the earth??? I know I’ve already pointed this out to you before and it’s a fact you don’t like to contemplate because it blows your whole “Netanyahu is the baddie here” argument out of the water. But here we are with you doing that thing again and so I’ll keep repeating myself!

---
Some encouraging words

---
And some more good news…

---

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Ah man you guys beat me to this man baby, what an absolute clown 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m waiting for the UN and everyone that voted in favour of Palestine to be called khamaass
What a twit

• Haha
Reactions: 7
There’s a new boycott gaining traction online where celebrities are being blocked on social media. This limits their account and businesses being shown to you on explore pages, limiting their AD exposure.

Kim K has allegedly lost 3 million followers since her name was added after her silence .

---

---

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There’s a new boycott gaining traction online where celebrities are being blocked on social media. This limits their account and businesses being shown to you on explore pages, limiting their AD exposure.

Kim K has allegedly lost 3 million followers since her name was added after her silence .

---

---
On it already my baba ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
South Africa keeps fighting ✊🏽
The ICJ needs to pull its finger out

---
Libya 🇱🇾 too

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.